Mozillians/Releases/1.2/November 8 2011
Tuesday Nov 8 2-2:30pm PDT. Dial in info: +1 800 707 2533, password 369, conference# 445
- Takeaways, review of 1.1 release
- Follow-up on 1.1.2 release
- BrowserID integration status
- UX issues and bugs (tofumatt)
- Location features and others for 1.2
- LDAP phase 3 status
- added groups
- user testing showed person taking 12 minutes and found bug
- group searching not intuitive
- kind of slow, can fix
- should be able to join from groups page
- make them more useful and easier to use
- flow problems in general
- Should think more about this than new features
- rethink some of the flows
- Remove vouching and go invite only?
- un-vouched users screw up the flow
- wireframes and flow and visual design are independent of each other
- nothing preventing us from improving the flows without affecting design
- signup is complicated. browserID would not alleviate this
- right now the app is for core contributors who know how to access it
- Set up separate meeting to discuss vouching and signup. (aakash?)
- Location feature should be easy
Scope and schedule?
- BrowserID flow shouldn’t drastically change with changes in signup and general flow.
- user registration.
- weird bugs in production.
- instances of users not having django accounts when they have ldap accounts
- tofumatt debugging
- lots of errors
- tofumatt will ping ozten when he starts hacking on it
- schedule: targeting to ship on Friday, test on Thursday.
BrowserID integration status
- sasl browsrerID plugin
- platform security team is reviewing it should wrap up Monday
- security bug filed for 1.2 browserid
- would be good to file a bug for any outstandings thing found in mailing list
- location and mulitple emails
- Andrew said it’s done. We're good with LDAP for Q4