- 1 User Stories
I want to understand where I am in the app
- Use "layers" metaphor to represent app state.
- Users can swipe layers into and out of view.
- Layers are a spacial metaphor. Spacial metaphors are easy to understand.
When I'm searching, I want to easily hop between search results and webpages so I can 'try out' pages that might have what I'm looking for.
- You can go back to a lower search layer by swiping, say, a web page, off to the right.
- A small nubbin of draggable bar for the "off-right" layer is exposed along the far right side.
- Layers that are "swiped off to the right" are kept in-memory. If you swipe the layer back into view, it does not have to be reloaded. The layer immediately below the current layer is also kept in-memory so you can easily jump between them.
- If you hop back to a search result and into a different page, the off right layer disappears. Only one branch of the layer tree is kept alive at a time.
- Double-swipe to move all layers out of the way.