Participation/Community Gatherings/Arabic Gathering 2016
- 1 Location
- 2 Goals
- 3 Agenda
- 4 Code of Conduct
- 5 Emergency plan
- 6 Logistics
- 7 Food
- 8 Weather
- 9 Tourist Information
The Arabic Gathering will take place on October 22nd and 23rd in Casablanca, Morocco. It will be a two day meeting with volunteers from arabic countries.
The goals of this gathering are:
- Align attendees with what is happening at Mozilla
- Improve individual and team skills to be more effective in their contributions and as a result providing more impact to Mozilla’s main initiatives.
Saturday, Oct 22nd
|9:30-10:15||Mozilla and Participation Team Goals|
|11:30-12:30||Rust and communities|
|14:00-14:45||Cultural differences - unconscious bias|
|14:45-16:00||Community Health discussion|
|16:15-17:00||Planning for impact|
Sunday, Oct 23rd
|10:00-11:00||Mozilla on Campus|
|11:15-12:00||Mozilla's key Internet Issues|
|13:00-13:30||Diversity & Inclusion|
Code of Conduct
As for every Mozilla event, we will have a Code of Conduct for all the participants.
Also, there is an Emergency plan in case that something happens, with information about who to contact, where's the local authority and emergency phones.
- Ruben Martin
- Christos Bacharakis
- Pierros Papadeas
- Ruben Martin
- Contact offsite: Francisco Picolini
- Hashtag: #mozarab16
- Arabic CG Telegram group
- Le Trianon
- Address: 4 Rue AL Bouhtouri Quartier Gauthier. Maarif Casablanca Maroc.
Getting from the airport to your hotel
We will be providing transportation for all participants. If you loose that, there are at least 3 options to get into the city:
- Bus: Travel time around 2 hs. Take bus 128 until T.Jamila, and change to bus 60 until Twin (there's a big mall across the street). There are more information in google maps.
- Ticket price: 0,40-0,60 USD (4 MAD) each trip.
- Train: Train leaves from level -1 each hour on weekdays. Go direction Casa Port or Gare Casa port. Travel time is approximately 45 minutes. Then you have to walk 30 minutes, or take bus 009E until Apia. More info on Google Maps.
- Ticket price: 3-4 USD (30 MAD)
- Oficial site ONCF
- Taxi: located in level 0. Travel cost around 30 USD, and it won't be reimbursed.
- New Work Lab
- Address: 17, rue Najib Mahfoud, 3ème Etage, Place Ollier, Quartier Gauthier, Casablanca
Getting from the Hotel to the Venue
Venue is 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel.
- Breakfast will be at the hotel and it's included.
- Lunch and coffee break snacks will be catered for at the venue
We will be organizing group dinners. If you have any allergie that hasn't been communicated, please contact Francisco Picolini as soon as possible.
Dinners will be at 8 PM each day. You will have free time from event ending until Dinner. Menus will be fixed, and alcohol is not included.
- Le riad
- Address: 50 Avenue Hassan Souktani, Casablanca
- Type of food: Mediterranean, Italian
- Le Bodega
- Address: 129 Rue Allal Ben Abdellah, Casablanca
- Address: Rue Mustapha El Manfalouti, Casablanca
Averages for September:
- Temperature: 19°C (66°F)
- Low Temperature: 15°C (59°F)
- High Temperature: 23°C (73°F)
- Sunshine Hours: 5 hrs
- Rainfall: 33mm
- Rainfall days: 6 days