Places Team Meeting Details
- Mondays at 9:00am Pacific
- irc.mozilla.org #places
- Blockers (http://tinyurl.com/5zpgx7)
- bug 475273 - (P2) needs review from Mano (MaK77)
- bug 474582 - (P2) needs review from dietrich (MaK77)
- bug 473058 - (P2) might need to backout older bug - resolution not clear (dietrich)
- bug 471352 - (P2) cannot get steps to reproduce. Moving to a P3 blocker. (MaK77)
- bug 476292 - (P1) investigation and patch by end of the day (sdwilsh)
- Bugs targeted 3.1: (http://tinyurl.com/7cvrs7)
- 37 bugs - need to work on thinning that list out to reduce possibility for regressions (dietrich)
- Bug Triage (http://tinyurl.com/a3j9p6)
- 1473 open bugs - hit target.
- Goal is to reduce another 50 this week.
- Possible Wontfix (http://tinyurl.com/ajqgm7) (dietrich will triage this week)
- tracy will send out an e-mail today to highlight what needs to be tested to have full coverage for Library moving. ddhal is going to work on those tests.
- Some user is reporting issues with AVG Safe Search and the awesomebar, we should verify if the issue effectively exists and if AVG should be contacted. See bug 475653 and bug 376084. tracy will investigate and report back.
From last week, the following things had open action items:
- typo in temporary table names for the updated ERD. (dietrich)
- need documentation on how to write SQL queries against the places back-end, for core developers.
- Places SQL queries best practices (MaK77)
- How to write queries in the new temp-table era (MaK77)
- How to get to the places database/basic entry points (MaK77)
- completed, page linked on https://wiki.mozilla.org/Places/
- Invariants and triggers (sdwilsh)
- Not done yet - still working on going over old documentation.
- Check over existing documentation for outdated information (sdwilsh)
- First pass done on https://wiki.mozilla.org/Places:Design_Overview (01/28/2009)
- https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Code_snippets/Bookmarks (01/29/2009)
- https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Manipulating_bookmarks_using_Places (01/29/2009)
- https://developer.mozilla.org/En/NsIAnnotationObserver (01/29/2009)
- https://developer.mozilla.org/En/NsIAnnotationService (01/29/2009)
- https://developer.mozilla.org/En/NsIBrowserHistory (01/29/2009)
- the migration guide needs history api and dynamic container examples. (dietrich)
- the design documents linked from MDC need to be written. can probably cull from the old design overview docs.
- add more documentation and examples to the views page
- what tree cols are available and how to show/restrict them (adw: rearranged page so it makes more sense, added info about columns, clarified some passages)
- programmatic tree generation (TheOne)
- Places platform-level priorities for 3.2 moved to the places planning page (dietrich)
- Lots of documentation non-existent on MDC:
- dynamic containers (MaK77)
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Places/View_Controller (adw)
- Out of date docs on wiki.m.o (that are worth updating)
- Needs porting from wiki.m.o to MDC:
- Out of date docs on MDC: