Notices / Schedule
- Code freeze is today at 11:59pm
- Many people not working on their blockers; we've had to push quite a few
- How can we communicate better on code freeze dates?
- On track to ship on March 18
- Fixes on par with Firefox 3.0.7
- released, showing 320k users (120k left on 3.1b2)
- string freeze: Thursday, March 19th at 23:59 PDT
- code freeze: Monday, April 6th
- QA start: Wednesday, April 8th
- release: week of April 13th
- Shiretoko (mozilla-1.9.1 branch) nightlies have been renumbered to 3.5b4pre
- Minefield (mozilla-central trunk) nightlies have been renumbered to 3.6a1pre
- next steps are renaming AMO maxVers, changing blocking flags on Bugzilla, updating saved queries and charts, graph server links, etc
- 21 blocker nominations (-37 w/w)
- 100 blockers left (+6 w/w)
- 205 left to be fixed on branch (+37 w/w!)
Since 1.9.1 branch ...
Past 2 weeks ...
- for the past two weeks, our find-fix rate has been close to 0
- not wholly unexpected as we've released another beta
- need to monitor this closely, and think of what this means for our b4 schedule
- 17 blockers marked fixed1.9.1 over last week (-16 w/w)
- 20 bugs nominated for blocking over last week (-18 w/w)
- 28 patches approved for 1.9.1 over last week (-3 w/w)
- 77 blockers are FIXED but not yet landed on 1.9.1 (+29 w/w)
Browser / Front End
- Blockers: 11 remaining (+0 w/w) & 2 nominations
- Polish update: Firefox is 47% shiny (+3% over last week)
GFX 1.9.1 Update
- Bug status:
- 3 blocking 1.9.1+
- 1 security-ish bug
- 1 imglib bug waiting on review
- 1 imglib mystery crasher bug
- Finishing remaining blockers
- Will send mail about planning update for future work
Layout 1.9.1 Update
- 7 blockers
- Current work: frame constructor refactoring (bz), frame GC evaluation (zwol), float bug, SXSW (dbaron), plugin widget hoisting (roc), textbox baseline alignment (karlt)
- 2 blockers
- Current work: SVG spec work (jwatt)
- 12 blockers
- Major items remaining: A/V sync (doublec), block cache (awaiting review) (roc), seek performance (doublec), bug fixes (cpearce), playback performance (mgregan), code audit issues (more progress)
- peterv's continuing to work on slimwrappers bug slimwrapper.
- bent's making good progress on having us stay on trace while calling quickstubs.
- 36 blockers
- 2 P1s
- 28 P2s
- 4 P3-5s
- 3 unprioritized
- 5 untriaged nominations
- bug 452498 - upvar, remains tricky, being worked
Mobile 1.9.1 Update
- Now have WinCE builds mobile tinderbox is here, YouTube Video review of it on an HTC touch is here ;)
- bug 481566 We're seeing big responsiveness wins from this patch to the content sink. Patch isn't quite what we want, but need to find what we need.
- bug 67752 Interruptible reflow -- we're also seeing big wins here, would like to trunk as soon as possible and would like to get it landed on 1.9.1 at some point if possible
- We're seeing performance wins from turning on the chrome JIT. Having trouble coming up with good tools to measure as our current ones use JSD which disables the JIT.
- Seeing a small backlog of 1.9.1 approval requests piling up, none super urgent, but need to continue to get in.
- bug 422540 Asked Mike Kristoffersen to take a look at getting the gstreamer backend working for video since it is hardware accelerated on our devices. Unable to get more than 2-3 FPS with OGG.
Still outstanding / to be scheduled
- native JSON
- DNS prefetching
Booked but not yet completed
- Crash stacks for tests:
- on talos and unittests - yay!
- Needs to happen on try server still bug 483111
- Run unit tests on packaged builds bug 421611, bug 383136
- Got hung up on some xpcshell test issues bug 483202, should have updated patch today with good enough workaround, basically done modulo reviews at that point
- Should have this wrapped up in the next day or two. This should satisfy requirements for mobile.
- Turn off the SQL logging by default (file bugs on performance problems)
- These warnings won't solve the problem, since you can't know whether you've fixed a performance problem if you don't measure it. Real bug: need performance tests for storage users, and storage itself.
- Going to take the patch currently in bug 481261, and disable existing warning queries and file bugs on them.
- Consider localStorage feature land on 1.9.1, bug 422526
- Did we have the security review?
- still needs to land on trunk (needs review bz)?
- see dev.planning thread on the topic
- Nick Nethercote will be doing a Valgrind brown bag presentation next week. All devs are encouraged to join. Nick is a core contributor to Valgrind. I'll send out a note to dev-planning with instructions on how the public can join.
- Quicktime/DirectShow prioritization
- roc & co want to deprioritize
- unscoped work to get it on 191
- maintenance headache
- disagreement about how well this aligns with our goals for supporting open video
- supporting these backends means supporting non-open video formats such as WMP, QT, etc
- however it does promote use of the <video>