Notices / Schedule
- in QA, builds available
- targeting release for early/mid September
- schedule set
- please work on your blockers
- code freeze is September 22
- Active Daily User numbers stabilized
- 13,000 on Firefox 3.6 Alpha 1
- 5,000 on Namaroka nightly builds (2k on mozilla-central nightlies)
- string-frozen (need dates and deadlines)
- co-ordinated with Fennec RC?
- component leads need to identify P1 issues for this beta
Gecko 1.9.2 / Namoroka
- Release Blockers (flag: blocking1.9.2 or blocking-firefox3.6)
Browser / Front End
- see our active projects and get involved / propose others
- published initial draft roadmap for product deliverables through the end of 2010
- for Namoroka/mozilla-1.9.2:
- for future/mozilla-central:
- drafting a set of core principles for Firefox development; currently messy, hope to have something to publish later this week
- building product feature roadmap through the end of 2010
- Planet Firefox is up and a good source for posts about ongoing front-end development
- Decode-on-draw bug 435296
- Preliminary review done by joe and addressed by bholley
- ready for formal review
- CSS Transitions close to landing (dbaron)
- Harfbuzz running on Windows (jfkthame)
- Ongoing SVG animation improvements (birtles, dholbert)
- Fixing compositor regressions (roc)
- 11 blockers left.
- Fixed some COW wrapper followup bugs.
- XBL2: Jonas is done with his GetDocument/GetOwnerDoc/GetCurrentDoc audit and changes to the layout code. Need to get this in soon to avoid severe bitrot.
- Henri is continuing to make progress towards moving parts of the HTML5 parser off the main thread.
- mrbkap's got a proposal for a Jetpack security model.
Platform-specific Support Update
- just merged a bunch of things, should be perf wins and Google Docs regression fixes
- nanojit merge almost complete, still a 500-line delta or so.
- tracing native getters almost landed
Weekly summary is here.
- karlt and jmuizelaar will work on windowless plugins (linux+windows)
- josh meeting with Safari/webkit developers about OOP plugins on mac today
- graphics still pending (joedrew)
- Still some hiccups with necko protocol init
- design meeting this week
- mrbkap to implement on a cross-process JS wrapper
- getting new n810s into production; uphill struggle
- new small/med dirty profile talos suites
- removed tp3, fasttalos suites
- l10n nightly updates
- on m-c, 192
- causing delays in en-US nightly updates
- 191 on hold, while we sort out bottleneck, worried about looping the day
- moved some fennec tests to VMs
- splitting of production-master/production-master02 went well
- ironing out sharing of slaves, watching wait times
- Are we going to have a status192 flag or not? It's not clear what the outcome of the last discussion was.
- compiler change: Linux m-c builds to move from GCC 4.1 to GCC 4.3.4 sometime when I can close the tree for a few hours (bsmedberg)