- 1 Goals
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Performance
- 6 GFX
- 7 JS
- 8 Layout
- 9 Video
- 10 DOM
- 11 WebAPI
- 12 Network
- 13 Plugins
- 14 Mobile
- 15 Accessibility
- 16 Multi-Process
- 17 Tree Management
- 18 Security
- 19 Stability Report
- 20 Roundtable
- Please update status
- Please consider "mobile first", "how will we use telemetry", and "e10s"
Notices / Schedule
- We released Firefox 7!
- We did the source migration!
- Nightly users have fun with your version sniffing bugs...
- Check the announcements for the particular changeset aurora9 is based on
- We have a new release manager! Say hi to Alex Keybl, based in MV
- Dao has fixed one of the more annoying copy/paste issues with the URL bar protocol-stripping behaviour (URLs selected from the awesomebar should not have the prefix added correctly) (bug 668019)
- (not really firefox front-end, but…) Gian-Carlo Pascutto is making very good progress on switching the safebrowsing store from SQLite to a flat file, to make it more suitable for mobile devices (bug 673470)
Firefox Developer Tools
- The graphics team is planning on having a BugKill day, in which we endeavour to scrub our enormous bug list down to a significantly smaller set that people can keep in their heads.
- If people are interested in scrubbing our old bugs, please contact Joe Drew so you can be included in the divvying-up of bugs.
- We think it's likely to take the whole day, so don't plan on getting a lot of other work done on that day if you're involved.
- We also don't think we'll finish on this one day, but it's an experiment to see if it's useful, helpful and possible.
- More details to come, but we know the Graphics BugKill day will be on Friday, October 4, 2011.
- WebSMS API fully implemented (still needs tests and cleanup)
- WebTelephony radio part is coming along for B2G
- Files-in-IndexedDB, lots of progress on initial patch, but not done yet
- Initial battery API drafted and implemented
- Camera landed preffed off on mobile. Implementation issue keeping it preffed off
- Fabrice will be doing camera on desktop once the mobile part is done
- The plan is for all of the above to land on m-c.
- Possible exception is WebTelephony, but we'll likely want to land and disable that in order to keep it running and tested.
- bug 688762 - fix return codes for remote harnesses, this should reduce hanging tegras
- bug 687974 - adb support for talos
- bug 688604 - make talos-remote, coming soon!
Mobile Perf Program
- Can Joel or Clint talk to: bug 685632 - Please collect RSS (memory) data during Talos testing on Android
- Also digging into helping Joel prioritize & drive which automated tests need to be fixed and helping with getting the hw lab scalable.
- The focus this week is to create a perf metrics matrix so we can obtain baseline measurements. This is a grassroots effort so that we can create a snapshot of the areas we need to focus on optimizing on mozilla-central in time for the mobile work week. We are focusing on "Macro" or observed measurements and will likely use a 7D/HDMI camera to capture screens
- Still need to land on what the spectrum of reference HW; targeting by the end of the week
- A draft of the matrix which will be ready for circulation tomorrow (wed).
Android Native UI
- DougT's blog post summarizes.
Mobile Testing Ramp-up
meetings Wednesdays at 10:30PST
- 80 New 10.6 test machines ("rev4 mac minis") incoming in the next few weeks. This is a larger pool than before and faster hardware, so they'll turn around results faster.
- Old 10.6 test machines will be recycled as linux and windows test machines, which should help throughput for those platforms too.
- PGO being turned off for on-change builds. bug 658313
- Nightlies will still be PGO
- PGO builds will be run every 4 hours
- It will be possible to request PGO on Try
- Tinderbox mail has been shut off completely for almost everything. (Remains on for things that aren't visible on TBPL: Spidermonkey, Valgrind, Nanojit)
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Sep 26 / 13:00 PST|| Stub Installer
How we should implement the verification that the stub installer has downloaded the correct file for installing Firefox (no link to feature page)
|Wed Sep 28 / 13:00 PST||Embedded Add-On Preferences|
|Thur Sep 29 / 10:00 AM PST||Code Editor|
- Work ongoing for Firefox Share (formerly F1) https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Reviews/OWA-F1
- Beginning discussions for WebRTC (Oct-10)
- Notes from yesterday's crashkill meeting - https://wiki.mozilla.org/CrashKill/2011-09-26.
- Release deployed today
- Has a skip list for mobile that will help get us more meaningful signatures.
- FF7 out today so too early for meaningful data.
- Problem with ADUs on Trunk and Aurora showing up as 0 - seems to be fixed. bug 688587
- All channels look relatively stable.
- Most of the issues we are tracking relate to external problems
- bug 684748 - Comcast issue. White Sky deployed a fix last week and crashes are decreasing as people get the update.
- bug 665775 - DataMgr.dll - Marcia working on checking the list of versions that need to be blocked.
- bug 688637 - Mcafee script scan - monitoring volume.
- bug 688895 - Babylon toolbar - monitoring volume.
- bug 688895 - crash nsRuleNode::Sweep
- bug 687991 - mail.alice.it. Not getting reports due to problem with the crash reporter - this was fixed. Verified it's fixed on the mac side on 09/23/11. Need to verify on the windows side.
- Haven't seen any issues yet related to the Flash release last week but marcia keeping an eye out for plugin crashes.
- Naoki's detailed report - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_26Sept2011
- Crash reporter issues
- bug 688692 , bug 686492 and bug 686800
- bug 686973 - crash happening in Java layer so we don't get meaningful signatures - around 15% of crashes.
- bug 689234 - Mobile is not reporting the graphics data in the app notes field. Probably not working because on the desktop we are only reporting this for Windows and not other platforms.
- Top problems we are tracking.
- bug 687367 - We worked around this but are now seeing it in the wild. Need to make sure that Andreas knows that this is pretty urgent for Michael to work on.
- bug 663494 - JP will ask Brad Lassey and his team to look at this bug.
- bug 677548 - crash [@ nsBuiltinDecoderStateMachine::AdvanceFrame ][@ libc.so@0x15dd8]
- bug 661158 - Crash on mobile SMP devices while sending PRNetAddr over IPDL [@ Pickle::ReadBytes]
- Triage for crash bugs to clean up the list, particularly reproducible crashes.