« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
(Christian's not on the call as he is tracking down loose ends...read on below)
- Firefox 7 ships in 1 week
- We might build today one last time for Firefox 7 (on Beta). Still checking on some outstanding issues
- If you find any issues that need to be fixed before ship, please email release-drivers TODAY
- We created a build of Firefox 3.6.23 early today
- Firefox 3.6.23 is at risk to ship at the same time as Firefox 7 due to blowing through code freeze
Firefox Developer Tools
- Meet the new manager for the layout team: Jethro Villegas!
- Fullscreen API has landed, preffed off for now while dependent bugs are resolved
- Set full-screen-api.enabled pref to true; in your app, call HTMLElement.mozRequestFullScreen().
- Good progress on SMS and Telephony
- Camera is the big item still not moving. Doing well on mobile, but need action on desktop. Action on Jonas to get it moving.
- Will work with W3C on battery and network connectivity specs.
- started on the faststart project.
- should be posting builds end of the week
- if you crash, please look at about:crashes. resubmit may be required.
- Flash supported landed on android
- pre-honeycomb only
- frontend worked needed. (mfinkle is working on it)
- IT fixed a problem with the hg.mozilla.org Varnish cache last night. 502 Gateway Errors should now be resolved. bug 687633
- Downtime scheduled for tomorrow at 6am. Will be put off if 7.0 final build interferes.
- Updates to Talos, pageloader, and Flash plugin will be happening. We will be rebasing some Talos tests in the downtime window.
- A couple non-developer visible changes landing too. See newsgroup post for details
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Sep 19 / 13:00 PST||Joystick and Mouse Capture|
|Wed Sep 21 / 13:00 PST||In Content UI Visual Unification|
|Thur Sep 22 / 10:00 AM PST||HTTP Pipelines 264354|
- Crashkill meeting notes - https://wiki.mozilla.org/CrashKill/2011-09-20
- A bunch of catchup to do from last week.
- top issues
- Datamgr dll versions - need to figure out what we should block, get agreement and get it done.
- Mac crash with out of process plugins and get "no report available" - Bug 687899
- Bug 684748 - crash when Comcast Constant Guard installed. Very high volume last week 80K per week. We are telling users to uninstall and that works. White Sky says a fix is coming soon - need outreach help.
- Crash rate pretty good.
- Build on the 17th that introduced a bunch of new crashes. We backed out some stuff and it seems to have resolved the issues. We have some residual crashes still in old builds.
- Type inference crashes - Still 8 open bugs - nice to get many of these fixed even if low volume.
- Aurora & Beta
- FF7b6 - volume still low - 12K users so not much data yet.
- Bug 687001 - @ JSLinearString::mark - only with Aurora and FF7. There is a windows version of this crash Bug 686441. Seems to be related to Better Facebook extension.
- Bug 620122 - crash [@ nsContentList::PopulateSelf(unsigned int)]. Old crash rising on Beta but we don't know why yet.
- Naoki still working on detailed mobile stability report
- Skip list for mobile should be done this week. Bug 683385
- Crash symbol sender - Bug 664510. People need to install the add-on to Fennec to get the symbols. Naoki is evangelizing this on the lists. If you have a reproducible crash and we are not getting symbols for it, please install this.
- Hearing reports that the crash reporter is not submitting crashes. Bug 686492 and Bug 686800. Is you are using Fennec and crash, please check about:crashes and make sure the report has been submitted.
- bug 661158 - 13% of mobile crashes on 8.0 and needs an owner.