Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Goals
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Performance
- 6 GFX
- 7 JS
- 8 Layout
- 9 Video
- 10 DOM
- 11 WebAPI
- 12 Network
- 13 Plugins
- 14 Mobile
- 15 Accessibility
- 16 Multi-Process
- 17 Tree Management
- 18 Security
- 19 Stability Report
- 20 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- Landed bug 657472 to lengthen the time before we prompt for a pending update, as part of Silent Updates work.
Firefox Developer Tools
- Graphics BugKill day was last Friday, October 7, 2011.
- We closed 308 bugs out of the 493 total we touched - about 63% close rate. (There were bugs we didn't touch but did open; thus this is a maximum.)
- Anecdotal "evidence" says that older bugs were closed with a higher frequency than newer bugs.
- We found some patches that had languished for 4+ years, many without review requests (i.e., a failure on our part to notice them).
- We found other bugs that had languished for a long time for no good reason, and created patches for them.
- Still TBD: where we go from here for our remaining 2000+ bugs.
- New DOM bindings for NodeList and friends landed! (peterv, bug 648801)
- malloc() call site responsible for 3% of our mallocs found and eliminated. (jlebar, bug 688619)
- Initial patches for camera on desktop.
- Have reproducable testcase for appcache bug!
- Native UI Status Update 
- using birch twig
- `front end` team formed
- Flash work progressing, expected to be "usable" in nightlies (on phones) this week
- What you can see in the video: loading multiple tabs, tab titles, progress notifications, status notifications, mouse (hover, scroll, drag, text selection), keyboard input, focus change, killing the content process, restarting the content process, non-remote tab not affected by process kill
- What else is in being worked on at the front-end: session restore, context-menu, spellchecker menu, network prioritizer, back/forward history, panorama. See details at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=fxe10s
- Rev3 -> Rev4 Snow Leopard update:
- Testing new r4 machines in parallel. There are 64 machines in production, hidden on tbpl. Can see test/talos results by adding '&noignore=1' to tbpl.
- When r4 machines are known to be good, will turn off r3 snow leopard machines.
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Oct 10 / 13:00 PST||WebRTC Discussion|
|Wed Oct 12 / 13:00 PST||JetPack|
|Thu Oct 13 / 10:00 AM PST||Panel Based Download Manager|
|Thu Oct 13 / 11:00 AM PST||Silent Updates Service / Silent Update OS Dialogs|
- Working with PR on response to yourbrowsermatters.org
- Kairo meeting regularly with Laura to discuss priorities, progress and new issues.
- Crash graph been fairly quiet - https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/daily?p=Firefox&v=.
- Firefox 7
- bug 688637 - Blocklist in place for 14.4.0 version. McAfee advises they have shipped a 14.4.1 update to remedy this issue. This signature is no longer at the top of the 7.0.1 stats (#41 in browser crashes)
- bug 690877 Roboform Toolbar crash - they released an update so this signature is now dropping.
- bug 689738 Kaspersky Password Manager
- bug 680927 Oracle Enterprise, F5 Networks, Passlogix V-GO, IBM Tivoli Access Manager SSO
- bug 680274 Firefox Crash [@ JS_GetGlobalObject ] with Norton's software
- Crashes by component
- Kairo experimenting with grouping crashes per component.
- Sample report - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/2011-10-09/2011-10-09.firefox.beta.8.0.components.html.
- This is a work in progress so still tuning the algorithm.
- Working towards a more detailed dashboard.
- Several reports from input that there are problems with Flash.
- Trying to get some data correlating this to Flash 11.
- Doing a review of the Flash problems to track changes in signatures and prepare a list for Adobe.
- Have a reproducible Flash hang - working on trying to figure out if that can help diagnose some of these problems.
- Detailed weekly report - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_10Oct2011.
- Working on better reports that break down the crash experience - content crashes vs Application crashes.
- Also looking at crash experience - needs some work.
- Analysis Highlights
- bug 689778 - Some content crashes are not getting reported at all
- bug 689781 - Some content crashes will show in about:crashes but does not get sent to soccoro
- bug 692185 - Java crashes are not showing up in App Notes for Fennec Java Crashes
- bug 691842 - Fennec 8.0b1 is showing no reports.
- bug 689366 - top crash on 9.0a2, will be fixed in 10. Would like to try and get this in for 9.0.
- Top Bugs :
- bug 661158 Crash on mobile SMP devices while sending PRNetAddr over IPDL [@ Pickle::ReadBytes]
- bug 663494 - crashing occurs when trying to restart after energysaving power down; crash [@ base::CloseSuperfluousFds]
- bug 622992 Fennec crash in base::CloseSuperfluousFds
- bug 687367 - Bionic domain name functions are not thread-safe on pre-3.0 Android
- Top 6.0.2 Bug :
- bug 677548 - crash [@ nsBuiltinDecoderStateMachine::AdvanceFrame ][@ libc.so@0x15dd8]