Platform Meeting Details
- 2012-04-24 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-7N: Noise Pop
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Kilimanjaro
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 Performance
- 7 GFX
- 8 JS
- 9 Layout
- 10 Video
- 11 DOM
- 12 WebAPI
- 13 Network
- 14 Identity
- 15 Plugins
- 16 Mobile
- 17 Accessibility
- 18 Tree Management
- 19 Security
- 20 Stability Report
- 21 Roundtable
- Efforts continue to organize and add definition around Kilimanjaro.
- Email to dev.planning about tracking, bugzilla flags.
- Starting to add meta bugs for all the use cases, requirements areas and top level features - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Kilimanjaro/ProductDraft.
- Asa to talk about process to get from top level features to bugs lists.
Notices / Schedule
- We are here in the schedule
- Firefox 12.0, Firefox for mobile 10.0.4, and Firefox ESR 10.0.4 have all been released
- The 4/24 merge is complete; mozilla-central is now FF15 and the tree is open
- Firefox 13 Beta will be released Thursday
- Firefox 14 Aurora will be released Friday
- fx-team work week going on in Toronto this week. stay tuned for lots of exciting developments!
- Landed on trunk:
Firefox Developer Tools
- Layout view landed preffed off.
Nothing to mention this week
- This week's Snappy summary
- Reduced screenshot overhead (by taking less screenshots, bug 744152)
- New IE migrator, which is a step towards fully async places API (bug 710895).
- Necko team decided to take a more involved approach to solve cache locking (bug 722034), fix is targeted to Fx15.
- Working on reducing setTimeout overhead (bug 715376). Taras blogged about setTimeout overhead as well.
- most of the mobile team is in Toronto
- driving down the beta list
- Shadowable tile layer landed
- force-unlocking locked DBs landed
- For visitors in Toronto wanting a demo of what Firefox sounds like, come find davidb!
- Downtime Wednesday morning 0900-1200 PDT
- r7b NDK deployed to build machines - gold linker available by default bug 675572
- making fennec builds faster - bug 748452
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review
Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- We had some data problems due to metrics datacenter move last week, everything is fixed now.
- Flash hangs and crashes are higher in 11+ than they were in 9. Possibly not much we can do on our side, might be Adobe problems or website changes since those times.
- bug 640904 - Spike is signature for b6. Might be 3rd party related since there is an increase across all version but more pronounced in b6 (crash rank #2). Won't block release on this.
- bug 747847 seems to be a regression between 12.0b5 and 12.0b6 (crash rank #26).
- bug 720991 (or bug 714187?) has become worse over the weekend (crash rank #16 in 12.0b6, but exists on 12.0b5 as well).
- bug 736695 is still *the* topcrash on 14. Not much activity recently though bz, sicking and smaug have been on it earlier.
- Back fill of missing data has been done for 18,19,20
- 19th spiked due to bug 746548, which is fixed thanks to bnicholson (25 % of the crashes are due to this crash)
- a crash occurring due to history/bookmark issues
- Libdvm issues are still prevalent as are EGL issues and flash crashes. The 3 combined makes up for 23.28 % of the crashes this week.
- Top Crash Bug list
top 3 crashers
- bug 746946 Fennec crashes repeatedly after opening the bookmarks section with a clean profile
- bug 738198 - crash in nsPluginInstanceOwner::~nsPluginInstanceOwner @ nsPluginInstanceOwner::RemovePluginView
- still crashing after having been patched
- bug 737128 - mozilla::gl::GLContextEGL::ReleaseSurface GL crash on Droid X
- waiting to see how this pans out as it's only on Droid X
- Services launched the Apps in the Cloud server backend in production this morning. Props to :rfkelly, Services Ops