Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2012-05-01 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-7N Noise Pop
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Kilimanjaro
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 Performance
- 7 GFX
- 8 JS
- 9 Layout
- 10 Video
- 11 DOM
- 12 WebAPI
- 13 Network
- 14 Identity
- 15 Plugins
- 16 Mobile
- 17 Accessibility
- 18 Tree Management
- 19 Security
- 20 Stability Report
- 21 Roundtable
- Efforts continue to "define" k9o
- Excellent conversations on the list
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Kilimanjaro/ProductDraft - continue to add bugs
- Lots of questions about triage. Group of product and project managers will triage noms to help people get a sense of k9o.
- bsmedberg sent out a note about triage tool - leads.
- Some outstanding items to triage - happening after this meeting
- There is an App/Site compat effort to ensure content works on the Mozilla platform
- Involvement from business dev, QA, product, engineering, dev evangelism, market insights, press
- Information and details being documented on the wiki
- Lawrence Mandel (lmandel) for questions, to get involved
Notices / Schedule
- We're here in the schedule
- Unthrottling of FF12 will be discussed at today's channel meeting, 2PM PT in Warp Core. Right now contingent upon bug 748269
- Next round of 3.6 EOL Major Update prompts will go out at the earliest today
- Automatic updates from 3.6 to FF12 is planned for the week of 5/7
- FF12 (and associated releases) post-mortem will be held next week
- FF13 beta 2 will go to build today, released Friday
- Firefox team sprinted to get a prototype of "sign in to browser" working
- links a profile with an email address (browserid/persona)
- signin/signout "work" to the extent that profiles are switched and a default fallback profile is used on logout
- no tie-in with browserid service yet
- progress available at https://hg.mozilla.org/users/poshannessy_mozilla.com/signin/
- links a profile with an email address (browserid/persona)
- Firefox Product Lead (Asa) met with Firefox Desktop Engineering Leads and sorted out all K9O work. Bugs filed.
Firefox Developer Tools
- HTML localization landed
- SDK context inside scratchpad: https://github.com/Gozala/scratch-kit/
- This week's Snappy summary
- Kyle landed a very significant Snappy fix this week as part of memshrink that reduces leaks in chrome (bug 695480). It should significantly reduce memory usage and thus cycle-collector pauses, etc.
- Patrick landed a change to have Firefox now hedge bets and warm up a TCP connection while checking the cache (bug 729133). More details on Patricks’s blog.
- Work going into improving setTimeout (bug 743877, bug 715376).
- FIXED: bug 750424 nsXULPrototypeNode::Release should add itself to the purple buffer. This was blocking bug 735099 Re-enable incremental GC
Fennec and other bugs:
- bug 728284 - Main container layer has siblings that are drawn in the background
- bug 732016 - Maple: scrollIntoView does not clamp to the page size
- bug 728983 - Maple invalidation problems with scrollable layer and multiple div's
- bug 706193 - footer text on nytimes.com inflated too much
- bug 708175 - Form controls with fixed width or height shouldn't have their text inflated
- bug 745780 - update harfbuzz code to upstream commit
- bug 746975 - update graphite2 library to 1.1.2 release
- bug 745580 - handle bad results from Core Text shaping more robustly.
- bug 706194 - Adapt and check in tests from webkit for new unicode-bidi attributes
- bug 279330 - Midas hilitecolor command only works in CSS mode
- CSS Working Group meeting in Hamburg next week.
- Hoping to land GPU-accelerated clipping to border-radius today bug 716439. Fixes various performance problems with scrolling inside elements with border-radius, and canvas/video with border-radius. Some big changes. (ncameron)
- Landed MediaStreams infrastructure on mozilla-central (roc). Currently the only exposed APIs are mozCaptureStream/mozCaptureStreamUntilEnded on media elements and the ability to set MediaStreams as the src of media elements, so you can route video/audio from one media element to another. Not that useful by itself, but a foundation to build other APIs on (getUserMedia, WebRTC, audio/video processing) etc. Next step is to land some processing functionality.
- Not video, but Nick is going to land a patch to disable attempts to remove our exception handler that triggers breakpad. This may reveal latent crashes.
- Accessibility engine is now built by default on Mac FF nightlies so that we can widen testing for ~5 weeks. We may revert for Aurora.
- upcoming downtime while moving ftp.m.o/stage/surf to scl3
- RelEng getting access today, will start verification
- needs 5+ hours
- needs tree closure *and* also blocks us doing releases.
- tinderbox will also be offline during this time
- possible ride-along moving graphserver
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review
Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Wednesday's release will feature a new reports of crash trends based on build dates (bug 640238).
- Plan for rapid beta support is being worked on, will delay work on other planned features.
- bug 704158 - Blocking older versions of Flash.
- bug 750556 crash in mozilla::dom::Element::ClearStyleStateLocks
- bug 750019 crash in js::types::TypeSet::addType @ nsIDOMHTMLDocument_Write
- bug 750625 crash in nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::GetPrefixes
- New crash in nightly with epoll_wait
- Mobile specific socorro/breakpad integration issues : see Mobile Notes
- bug 746946 - Fennec crashes repeatedly after opening the bookmarks or history section with a clean profile
- Landed 4/30 on Aurora; Landed 4/29
- bug 748721 - crash in mozilla::layers::BasicTiledLayerTile::BasicTiledLayerTile
- Does not occur on 4/27 and later.
- bug 749816 - crash in epoll_wait after changing display: table-column style to display:none on body
- bug 738198 - crash in nsPluginInstanceOwner::~nsPluginInstanceOwner @ nsPluginInstanceOwner::RemovePluginView
- Top 2 are the same as in Nightly
- bug 730890 - crash [@ libdvm.so@<address>]
- mozilla-central and mozilla-inbound CLOSED for bug 750661. Need help from everyone to get as much code out of libxul as possible. Ping ehsan if you can help.
- The Notifications service has a Product page & there is a meeting with Product owners to discuss what integration into different clients looks like on May 2nd at 2pm pst. ping :ally if you are interested.