The purpose of this document is to highlight the key projects that the Graphics Team will focus on in Q2 2020.
- 1 Objective: Continue WebRender roll out (throughout 2020)
- 2 Objective: Complete Graphics work important to overall Platform and Firefox goals
Objective: Continue WebRender roll out (throughout 2020)
A major goal for the team throughout 2020 is to ship WebRender to as many users as we can.
Ship WebRender throughout Q2 to specific targets for both Desktop and Android
Our detailed plans for WebRender can be found here
Check out www.arewewebrenderyet.com to see where we have enabled WebRender
|Ship WebRender to specific targets per release in Q2||Targets have been selected, can be viewed here|| |
|Determine critical path for shipping WebRender on older Intel||Focused on wr-perf-p1 tasks to help with this|| |
|Software WebRender||SWGL is in tree, April milestones detailed here|| |
A more detailed breakdown of our plans can be found on the WebRender Q2 planning page.
Webrender on Android
Webrender is currently enabled for Adreno 5xx/6xx series on Fenix Nightly. We have not enabled Webrender on the Fenix 'release' line.
|Enable WebRender in Fenix Release||In Progress|| |
|Get tests running||In Progress|| |
|Enable webrender for Mali G7 in nightly||Not Started|| |
Objective: Complete Graphics work important to overall Platform and Firefox goals
- Burn down bugs blocking Desktop Zooming from riding the trains and select potential target shipping dates
|Enable in Nightly: Windows/Linux Touchscreen||In progress|| |
|Enable in Nightly: Mac touchpad||Paused|| |
|Enable in Nightly: Windows touchpad||In Progress|| |
- Fix any important bugs identified during the Fission dogfooding milestone
- Awaiting dogfooding to begin so we can determine key bugs blocking this
- Investigate OffscreenCanvas scope & potential milestones
- Not Started
- Standup the CTS and run at least one (if not a few) tests
|Land the presentation code (at least software)||In Progress|| |
|Work on the shaders: ability to make sense of new language and translate to SPIR-V||In Progress|| |
|Implement error handling||Not started|