Privacy/Privacy Task Force/January Campaign
#PrivacyMonth Campaign - 31 Teachable Moments
This is a community led campaign/initiative to celebrate International Data Privacy Day. The campaign was originated by Mozilla India and is intended to be a global campaign. Communities from all over the world can participate. Please see below for the ways you can get involved. There are two parts - an online campaign with daily content combined with a series of in-person privacy events. Volunteers are welcome to help with online posts, events, teaching kits and other resources, localization, and more.
About January Online Campaign
The goal of the online campaign is to provide a privacy tip a day that an average user could complete in 10 minutes or less. Ideally, the tip would be in the form of a short video, but could be in another format. Tips will be shared through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter. The timeframe is January 2016. Daily online posts will originate from Mozilla India starting on January 1st and can be shared and retweeted around the world.
- Create facebook posts to drive conversations about online privacy. (Use hashtags #PrivacyMonth #Advocate4Privacy).
- Tweet about online privacy throughout the month of January. (Use hashtags #PrivacyMonth #Advocate4Privacy).
- Share and Retweet #PrivacyMonth posts from Mozilla India.
- Support the #PrivacyMonth initiative by changing Facebook/Twitter cover pic to: <links needed>
- To contribute to creating daily privacy tips, please contact Siddhartha Rao or Ankit Mehta.
January Privacy Events
In addition, the community will be hosting in-person privacy events throughout the month of January. The team hopes this project will go global and include Mozilla community privacy events from around the world.
- Organize events about online privacy.
- Organize popups and talks about online privacy.
- Click pictures, write and share your experience from these offline gatherings using the hashtags #PrivacyMonth #Advocate4Privacy
- To contribute to creating events, or register your January Privacy Event to be part of this campaign, please contact Vishal Chavan or Mayur Patil.
Teaching Kits and Online Resources
*Lightbeam Teaching Kit *Information Footprint Teaching Kit *Password Teaching Kit *Resources for Presentations
To contribute to creating online teaching resources like teaching kits, slides etc.
- Have content to teach privacy? You can create your own teaching kits. How: <link needed>
- If you want to provide content we can create a teaching kit for you and credit you as the creator.
- More information needed? Please contact Diwanshi Pandey.
Social Media Promotions
- Twitter/Facebook hashtags: #PrivacyMonth #Advocate4Privacy
- Share, retweet and support Mozilla India Twitter posts.(https://twitter.com/mozillaIN)
- Support and share stories from Mozilla India Facebook Page. (https://www.facebook.com/mozillaindia)
- Mozilla India Facebook Group
- You can contribute by retweeting and sharing the daily tips through your Twitter and Facebook accounts (#PrivacyMonth #Advocate4Privacy).
- Sign up to support the campaign: https://reps.mozilla.org/e/privacy-month-campaign/ (Reps and Vouched Mozillians can sign up at the above link using their profile)
- Localization: Want to see the privacy tips in your local language. You can help us localize them. We are in the process of localizing the resources. Contact Chandrakant Dhutadmal or Aniket Deshpande for more information.
- Graphics: Have ideas for social media posters? Contact Akshay Chitwar.
- Have Queries about the Privacy Month Campaign, The Privacy Task Force and more information about the Privacy Month Campaign? please contact Ankit Gadgil
Mozilla would like to thank Mozilla India community and the members of the Privcay Task Force for creating and leading this campaign.