- 1 Who We Are
- 1.1 You may be looking for...
- 1.1.1 When To Contact Us
- 1.1.2 How to contact us
- 1.1.3 Privacy Principles
- 1.1.4 Active Projects
- 1.1.5 Privacy Review Process
- 1.1.6 Privacy Reviews (by category)
- 1.1.7 Technical Privacy Reviews
- 1.1.8 How To Guides and Best Practices
- 1.1.9 Privacy Council
- 1.1.10 Privacy Friends
- 1.1.11 Internal Policies and Practices
- 1.2 Meetings
- 1.3 Trainings
- 1.4 In the News
- 1.5 How to get involved
- 1.1 You may be looking for...
Who We Are
The Mozilla privacy team works to build a consistent approach to privacy that puts users in control. This page highlights what we do, how we can help you, how to get involved, and how to find us. Privacy reviews are needed whenever Mozilla (customer, contributor, user, employee) data is involved.
You may be looking for...
When To Contact Us
Activities that require a privacy review
For more on the Privacy Review Process - see below.
How to contact us
- Find Privacy team members to get in touch with questions or learn how we can help.
- #privacy on IRC
- Email priv-team at mozilla dot com
- Learn more about our core privacy principles that guide Mozilla's data practices and operations.
Privacy Review Process
- Determine whether you need a privacy review.
- Understand what happens during the Privacy Review process, how we work with you, and find active reviews.
- Learn more about the Overall Project Kick-off Form and Process.
- If you already know what to do, and want to initiate a Privacy Review, go directly to the Project Kick-off Form.
- Proposed Changes to Project Kickoff Form
Privacy Reviews (by category)
- Index of Partner Reviews (to be updated)
- Index of Engagement Privacy Reviews
- Index of Finance-Operations-IT-People Team Privacy Reviews
- Index of Foundation Privacy Reviews
- Index of UX Privacy Reviews
- Index of Product Privacy Reviews
- Index of Services Privacy Reviews
Technical Privacy Reviews
- Learn about the Technical Privacy Review process and active reviews.
How To Guides and Best Practices
- Index of How To Guides and Best Practices for how to apply Mozilla privacy principles to various organizational activities.
- Need some help within your own group? Contact your Privacy Friend. If you don't see your group listed, contact us and we'll put you in touch with someone who can help.
Internal Policies and Practices
- Learn about our Cloud Guidelines for storing sensitive data
- Draft Data Protection Policy
The Privacy & Policy team has weekly meetings on Monday from 3-4pm PST.
- Phone dial-in: +1 650-903-0800 x92 9 7748 #
- Vidyo: Privacy group room [participation link]
- San Francisco: Bay Bridge on the 3rd floor
- Mountain View: Peanut Butter Jelly on the 3rd floor
The Privacy Council has ad-hoc meetings currently.
- Privacy by Design - Dr. Ann Cavoukian on Nov 15, 2013
- The Privacy Engineer's Manifesto
- Privacy Training: Starting the Conversation - Allison Naaktgeboren
In the News
How to get involved
Join our Privacy news/discussion groups
You can use Mozilla discussion forums as email lists, over the web with Google Groups, or as a newsgroup. Thunderbird newsgroup instructions.
- Subscribe to mozilla.privacy mailing list or Google Group -- for policy and non-engineering-related discussions
- Subscribe to mozilla.dev.privacy mailing list or Google Group -- for discussions about engineering work or features for the web
Join Mozilla's Privacy Council
Are you an engineer with an interest in privacy? Find out more about Mozilla's Privacy Council here.
Privacy Contribution Pathways
Interested in helping with privacy? Click here.
Privacy Titles Available via Safari Books