From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Automation‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

previous meeting | Meetings | next meeting »

Dial in

 # 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 315 (US/INTL)
 # 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 315 (US)
 # #mozmill for backchannel


  • Al
  • Marlena
  • Matt E.
  • Cameron
  • Geo
  • Dave Hunt
  • Owen
  • David B
  • Henrik

Last Weeks Action Items

  • [DONE] Send out an e-mail about assinging leads/seconds for projects. (Henrik)
  • Schedule mid-quarter review (full team or individual reviews) for Automation Services goals. (David B)
  • [DONE] QA Infrastructure to be it's own sub-tree. (Al)
  • [DONE] Schedule breakout meeting for Mozmill broken tests. (Geo)
    • Meeting held on Monday, notes and action items here.
  • [DONE] Schedule standup for Monday/Wednesday during overlap availabilty times. (David B)
  • [DONE] Create a checklist for setting up standups. (David)
  • [DONE] Add meeting notes to a separate section of the wiki. (Dave)
  • [DONE] Add action items to a separate section of the wiki. (Dave)
  • Document (and distribute) what automated update testing we have now by next meeting. (Geo, Al)
    • See project notes below
  • [DONE] Schedule meeting to define our approach to open web apps from a QA perspective. (DavidC)
  • [DONE] Create a one-stop references page for open web apps. (DavidC/Henrik)
  • [DROPPED] Send email with sample for quarterly project pages, demonstrating level of maintenance required and relevance to the community. (Henrik)
    • Not worth the extra work. See the project template proposal in the roundtable discussion.
  • Start time-boxed e-mail thread to gather feedback on the suggestions for team wiki structure. (Henrik)
  • [DONE] Makes sure all Pivotal Tracker projects are public. (Henrik)
  • [ON TRACK] List Pivotal Tracker projects from wiki (project pages, or an index?). (Henrik)
  • [DONE] Schedule meetings based on discussion items from work week. (David B)
  • [DONE] Create backlog from discussion items from work week. (David B)


Goals Overview 11/Q3

Please mark topics which need to be discussed in the meeting as bold

Issues / Blockers

  • A couple of unplanned tasks (e.g. bug 677909) keep me distracted from my work on goals (HS)

Automated Testing for WebApps

Team Presence (Documentation)

  • Proposal for project pages are up (see roundtable discussion)


Selenium Grid 2

  • Selenium 2.5 has been released.

Endurance Tests

Project Updates

Please mark topics which need to be discussed in the meeting as bold


  • Shadow test server
    • New ssl certs have been configured.
    • Three new IP address acquired late 8/23.
    • bug 681737 opened to assign name configuration for to new subdomains.
    • Hopefully new domains will just work once name records propagate.
  • On Demand ESX Server
    • Case Conductor test VM created for Cameron.
  • Automation Hardware
    • Hardware still hasn't arrived (8 HP servers and 8 Mac Minis).
    • No ETA from IT. (gah)

Al is away for two weeks (until All Hands) after today.

  • Contact Phong for ESX issues. Clint and BC have admin access on the server too. This only really applies to Cameron.
  • Contact Henrik for issues.

Case Conductor (TCM)

  • Tuesday's meeting notes:
  • Our devs are back.
    • Design and JavaScript folks working on their UI issues. Some are holdovers from the .4 release.
    • Django dev is integrating platform fixes made while they were away, and updating the django code to utilize those changes.
  • Our Alpha, or "Minimum Viable Product" is being negotiated still, but we're mostly agreed on what it will be.
  • Been talking with Roy at uTest getting communication going a little better.
  • Cam working on the Litmus migration tool
  • Matt Brandt moving out of code work and into QA and usability work
  • Rebecca finished first round of collecting feedback from QA.
  • We will have a session during the workweek to gather more feedback.
  • Approaching a couple folks about dogfooding the product as it gets closer to alpha


  • Tests
    • steady progress being made on Add-ons Manager tests
    • need to start thinking about Open Web Apps strategy
  • Broken Tests
    • Flagging tests which cannot be fixed within 24 hours as SKIPPED, tracked using [mozmill-test-skipped] whiteboard tag
    • Disconnect errors being treated as top priority
    • Release testruns should now be GREEN
  • Shared Modules
  • Redesign Shared Modules
    • Merge submitted for review
    • Baseline common functionality all established once that checks in (with in-content window handling coming soon) working through test ports.
  • Automation Scripts
    • Support for downloading unsigned candidate builds has been added
  • Dashboard
    • Owen will have his presentation about his internship work on Friday
  • Mozmill Crowd
  • On-demand Test Execution
    • Latest versions of scripts and folder structure has been synced across all release testing machines
    • Command line references docs added here
    • Procedural checklist for in-Mozilla release testing started, distributed internally


  • Grid
  • Mobile


  • E.g. JMeter

Personal Status

For the personal status please check the weekly status updates:

Meeting Notes

High-level summaries, see etherpad for details.

  • Pivotal Tracker Tasks: Leads/Managers want good overview info, concerns came up about specifically using Pivotal. Settled on determining requirements and building system from there to address them.
  • Project List/Template: Tabled to documentation meeting
  • What to handle in #automation? : Primarily for team/frameworks, but any automation concern welcome. Not a big deal one way or the other, so nothing to standardize strictly.
  • Use Vidyo? : Yes.
  • Next meeting:
    • Chair: Geo
    • Notes: David C.
    • Notes for David C's meeting: Cameron (but will be in Pig Latin)

Action items

  • Matt, Henrik, David B. to kick off requirements for task tracking
  • Henrik and David B. to work out Vidyo for next meeting
  • Geo and David B. to scope Infrastructure goal, Geo to drive goal, Al to assist.
  • Cameron to provide picture on team page