QA/Automation/Meetings/How To Handle A Meeting
Prepare the Meeting Page
The meeting page should be created as soon as possible but at least a day before the meeting will happen. It's necessary so that everyone has a chance to update their own status.
The following steps have to be performed:
- In the meeting page create a link to the next meeting. Please make sure that if it goes into a new month you add that too.
- Copy the Meeting Template into the new page.
- Copy the action items from the previous meeting into the top of the next meeting.
- Copy the remaining blockers and issues from the previous meeting into the corresponding sections of the next meeting page.
- Add your name behind chair of the meeting.
- Update the links to the previous and next meetings at the top of the page.
- Update the links under Personal status and Meeting notes to be more relevant
Send out Email Announcements
A day before the meeting will happen, copy the email template below and send it to the following mailing lists:
- dev-quality: email@example.com
- dev-automation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mozmill-dev: email@example.com
- tools: firstname.lastname@example.org
- dev-planning: email@example.com
- Email template
Subject: Firefox Automation Meeting, %Month% %DAY%, 2014 at 8:45am PTD/PST
Hi, Today we will have our next Firefox Automation team meeting. Everyone who is interested is welcome to join. See the agenda for details: <INSERT LINK TO MEETING HERE> If you are involved into a project, please don't forget to update your personal status.
# When: Every Monday at 8:45am PDT/PST # Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=PGtLpx3XQGJz # Phone: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9654 (US/INTL) # 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9654 (US) # IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#automation # IRC logs: http://irclog.gr/#browse/irc.mozilla.org/automation
Holding a Meeting
When you are the chair greet all the attendees and make sure that the recording is getting started. The latter actually has to be done by the person who owns the Vidyo room, or by a moderator who has the appropriate moderator PIN. As of now those people are Henrik, Marc, Nils, and Kamil.
When you have to do the recording please follow the steps as described here, and do not forget to publish it.
Review Meeting and send Notes
As the note taker of the meeting you are responsible to send out a follow-up email with a link to the meeting notes and the action items, which should also be added to the wiki. Just reply to the invitation email from above.