Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.
Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific
Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week
- Zac has removed the unused plugins
- Action Items:
- Need to merge pull to swap out AdBlock Plus for Memchaser in AMO reviews (to help the production run be safer)(done)
- Stephen to schedule a testday for Mozilla Reps
- Team will check up next week on testdays
- Stephen to follow up with Sergey on performance testing tools/progress
- Dave to summarize the Android ICS issue on the mailing list
- Stephen to talk to Raymond about mobile tests for Mozilla.com (which will need migration from webdriver)
Discussion Items / Updates
- It's great to see folks asking Github questions! Keep them coming!
- How are we doing with investigating performance testing/tools/metrics we need to measure?
- Stephen will set up a meeting with Brian O'Neill from EventBrite (JMeter integrated into the build/test process)
- Stephen talked to Paul McLanahan about steps QA can take when we see a perf issue (like bug 735867)
- First step is to ask the developer if there's a DB query involved, and, if so, to work with them/IT to get the "slow-query log" (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/slow-query-log.html)
- We've used it before, but webpagetest.org is now also being used (often!) by Web Prod + Flux, etc.
- Marlena downloaded and looked at tutorial for Cloudtest
- Marlena's gotten some response about training options
- Stephen looked at Gomez, looks more IT-related (connection time, transfer times, etc. -- most of which is also covered in webpagetest.org
- There's been progress on the bug to get traffic data for AMO, there might be a Q2 goal here. (Marlena)
- We need a backup plan for Jenkins
- On more Android devices (Ice Cream Sandwich version) for our Grid/mobile testing: Bob says to talk to Clint/Erin Lancaster (probably can get a couple Google Nexus devices)
- Firefox 11 support on Grid
- We haz our Mac Mini w/SSD -- time to rotate it in?
- This would make an excellent Q2 goal (Marlena)
- Is the plan: Current qa-sel* -> qa-sel2 (just let IT reconfigure the MAC address -> static IP), and new Mac Mini -> qa-sel, with Jenkins?
- How is moving projects to the WebQA Pivotal Tracker going?
- Is this something we need right now or can it wait until next quarter?
- What do we want to do about the mobile tests goal?
- Mozillians is going through redesign/is still on rc
- Sumo is in the process of getting merged to webdriver
- Team Ro is working on mobile tests for input, but there is no login
Engagement Project Status
If you've worked on an engagement project in the last week, enter your name, the project name, and time spent in hours (estimated).
- Betafarm - 1hr rbillings
- Browserquest - 1hr marlenac
Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- lots of cleanup/refactoring of tests
- Marlena will be focused on Browser Quest
- Testday scheduled for March 28 (Thx Teodosia)
- Jetpack Builder (aka FlightDeck)
- parts of 1.10 shipped
- 3/14 release was at risk and missed
- next release scheduled for 3/21
- 2.4.5 release shipped
- Fully on continuous deployment
- Migrated to WD, will migrate the Jenkins job very soon
- Case Conductor
- Testing .9, discussing the new name for the product
- The first Future of QMO meeting was held. Lots of discussion on what it should be, and what it should do. The primary focus was on making the content more dynamic and more social. Read all about it.
Time off / Out-of-office
- Krupa on 03/19
- Rbillings working remotely from Seattle 3/21-27
- Matt on 3/26 (tentatively) to spend time with mama Brandt
Takeaways and Action Items
- Action Items:
- Stephen to ask Sergey for progress on load/perf-testing tools
- Marlena to email Scott Barber about getting pricing on performance-testing training
- Zac to investigate Jenkins-backup plugins
- Matt to follow-up on getting the Google Nexus devices
- Stephen to do or delegate installing Firefox 11 on the Mac nodes, Zac to install Firefox 11 on the Windows VMs
- Next owner: rbillings
- Next week's meeting notes: 03-21-2012 agenda