QA/Execution/Web Testing/Meetings/2012-05-03

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Execution‎ | Web Testing‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

previous mtg | Web QA Home | next mtg

Meeting Details

Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.

Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific

Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week

  • Takeaways
    • Alin and Zac will follow up offline about Buildmaster
  • Action Items:
    • [zac] Everybody should try to take a look at the jmeter pull/2. Stephen successfully looked at it - Zac will review by next meeting
    • [dave] Phoenix hub - move the jobs over (AMO) and ensure they work - time to get some test jobs running
    • Paypal/Iframe issue - Dawagner and davehunt are working on clarifying the issue in detail
      • Before the next step wrt Sel/Firefox issue
      • Setup a Fx7 job on Jenkins to maintain Paypal coverage
      • Add @paypal marker to exclude paypal from Fx11 test run
      • Dave is going to talk to Client Talbert - is there a clean way to implement this that also makes the security team happy
  • [stephen] to get leads to shepherd our Q2 goals

Discussion Items / Updates

  • How are we doing with investigating performance testing/tools/metrics we need to measure?
  • Automation on Mozillians - Matt needs help articulating bug 742017
  • Can we use the Claim plugin for Jenkins to help with the buildmaster role?

Engagement Project Status

If you've worked on an engagement project in the last week, enter your name, the project name, and time spent in hours (estimated).

  • Betafarm 1.1 - 4hrs rbillings

Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)

  • Affiliates
    • No updates
  • AMO
  • Marketplace
  • Input
  • Jetpack Builder (aka FlightDeck)
    • shipped 2.3 this week
  • Mozillians
  • SUMO
    • Continuous deployment, no updates
  • MozTrap
    • Converting tests to WebDriver with help from zac
  • Wiki

Community Update

  • We reviewed Q2 goals
    • Reminder to please add tasks to the WebQA Pivotal tracker
    • Take a look at the Community Action plan etherpad discussion
    • The QA Contribute mailing list is blowing up- and the Desktop team is covering it all right now, which is not sustainable. They get up to ~100 inquiries per day. Soon all teams will be asked to participate. The bulk are interested in [order]: desktop, mobile, webqa, other
      • Do we have any ideas/ability to chip in with this?
    • We also discussed Geo's idea of making every other QA staff meeting a Community meeting, will also be sending out an email regarding meeting time.
  • See all of the 5/2 meeting notes

Time off / Out-of-office

  • rbillings 5/4 half day off

Takeaways and Action Items

  • Takeways:
  • Action Items:
    • [Stephen] send email with what he found in the jMeter script
    • [Dave] continue giving updates about Paypal/Iframe issue
    • [Stephen] to get leads to shepherd our Q2 goals
    • [Zac] work with Shane on the Mozillians login issue
      • [Matt] email Zac with the STR of the issue
    • [Dave and Zac] Try/Install the Claim plugin and see if it will be useful for the Buildmaster
    • [Zac] will work on mobile tests when the BrowserID team update their dev website
    • [Krupa] schedule meeting with the AMO team
  • Next owner: Krupa
  • Next week's meeting notes: Matt