QA/Execution/Web Testing/Meetings/2012-06-14

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Execution‎ | Web Testing‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Details

Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.

Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific

Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week

  • Takeaways:
    • Ripple update given by Matt, Stephen's advice self assessment would be first and foremost.
    • Socorro work week is next week, people working on market place might be interested.
    • Long outstanding pull from AlinT, requesting every one to look at it and comment.
    • Testing App's: By Krupa: All the scenarios when people are going to use B2G. If all of us, can use android/IOS and give feedback on the various apps and their working and bugs, also their opinion on how the app was handled and performed during bugs and various functionality of the app.
    • Test days: all of the test days at the end of the quarter.
    • Stephen: Browser ID test day, wants a community involvement.
    • If any one wants to help with test day and needs another lead, Matt would love to help.
  • Action Items:
    • Need to see the Windows 7 VM and buffing up the RAM; To see if we can upgrade the host machine.
    • Stephen: Talking to IT about performance monitoring (specifically about SLA monitoring)
      • Vendor is being vetted by Legal
    • Stephen to talk to Chris cturra, on IT J meter:
      • Original update from Chris was "end of this week," but he keeps getting pulled into other fire-fights (see IT outages of late); I will keep on it with him, he's very pingable :-)
    • Stephen: Picking the day for funneling contributors emails for test days.

Discussion Items / Updates

  • How are we doing with investigating performance testing/tools/metrics we need to measure?
  • Mbrandt: would you please give a final update on what happened with the Colorado students? Pros/Cons/Lessons learned.
  • Please spend some time (45 minutes each should be fine) testing bug 746224 -- although it's outside of our goals, they need to free up some machines/hosts (it's good IT karma)
    • rbillings: I went to do this and do not have access to the bug- can we open it up or at least know what's in it?
    • Added the team -- it's moving the servers that power Plugin Check and PFS
  • Ideas on how to track Contributors? We are good once people get in the channels, but we don't really track people. Should we have a current contributors page somewhere?
  • We have our WebspaceQA Testday on Thursday - have you all signed up to help? testday etherpad
  • Pivotal Tracker- we need to discuss how this is working. We've had contributors sign up for previously taken items a couple of times now. It's confusing for them and not good for us either. Perhaps we need a meeting to discuss our options or to learn the tool better?
  • Please help try to reproduce Firefox 13's topcrash:
  • Web QA postcards -

Engagement Project Status

If you've worked on an engagement project in the last week, enter your name, the project name, and time spent in hours (estimated).

  • betafarm 1.2 - rbillings 4 hrs

Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)

  • Affiliates
    • Release today - Rajeev is on holiday. mbrandt is providing coverage
  • AMO
  • Marketplace
  • Input
  • Jetpack Builder (aka FlightDeck)
  • Mozillians
    • 2012-06-13 release today or tomorrow
    • release currently blocked by bug 761263 - Add search and more information to UserProfile and Groups admin panes
  • MDN
  • Socorro
    • Stability workweek in Mountain View - agenda
    • No release this week
  • SUMO
    • Continuous deployment, no updates
  • MozTrap
  • Wiki


  • etherpad link for the Buildmaster
  • Today passes from Bebe to Raymond
  • rbillings: I made a note that, & were waiting for a patch from davehunt - but he informed me that he knows nothing about said patch. So if it still needs to be fixed we need to figure out something else!

Community Update

Time off / Out-of-office

  • rbillings working remotely until 6/19, OOO until 7/4

Takeaways and Action Items

  • Takeways:
  • Action Items:
    • Take a look at AlinT’s pull
    • Everybody keep testing apps and the Mozilla Marketplace
    • Stephen to work on BrowserID testday with Zac/dev team
    • Raymond to post to QMO about MDN testday
    • Stephen to look at the memory allocation for the nodes
    • Stephen to ping about Legal status of Catchpoint
    • Matt to schedule a meeting about our Contributor onboarding process
    • Matt is looking for direct feedback/question for the professor at Durango
    • Rebecca to start a guide on how to use Pivotal Tracker, both for team and new contributors
    • Everyone please help iterate on
    • Stephen to fix the meeting invite (from Fail -> All Your Base)
  • Next owner/scribe: Matt Brandt/Adi
  • Next week's meeting notes: