QA/Execution/Web Testing/Meetings/2013-06-20

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Execution‎ | Web Testing‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Web QA Home

Meeting Details

Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.

Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific

Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week

  • Takeaways:
  • Action Items:
    • Proposal: Rename [unagi|inari]-x nodes to b2g-x
    • This will make it much more scalable as we add new device types, and would also permit us to attach multiple device types to the same node (once it's possible to independently address them). It would also mean not having to change things around in Jenkins every time we move a device. Also, the documentation is out of date.
      • +1 from me (stephend)
        • actions items:
        • box names - raymond
        • Jenkins names - dave
        • credentials files names - dave
        • documentation - is to be discussed as a team
    • [Done]Proposal: We've had several delays when releasing Python packages for them to appear on the internal PyPI mirror. Apparently PyPI is now using a CDN so theoretically a mirror should be less necessary. Should we try switching back to the main index? It's easy enough to switch back and forth. - dave(let's give it a shot )
    • Open question: How do you debug gaia when writing gaia-ui-tests? (bsilverberg) - bob to set up an etherpad to document this
    • Tracking Selenium bugs (bsilverberg) - Add tracking issues for them in moz-grid-config - alin
    • [Done]Selenium 2.33.0: should we "go for it"? - alin
    • mails lost? - stephen to look into it, and make us(SV team and zac) Almighty Admins on mailing list
    • stephen to research if we can add replay all as default in thunderbird
    • krupa/stephen to figure out how to get hold of MovieStar Sims
    • MV team to look into zac's payment pull. Verify if sms verification from Bango works

Discussion Items / Updates

  • Tony to briefly give an update/answer questions about builds, devices, and RILs
    • specifically:
      • commercial vs. Mozilla RIL, especially for mozilla-central builds
        • commercial-RIL builds for mozilla-central aren't ready yet
          • Leo is best-fitted for master, but it's also not yet ready
            • Continue to use Unagi for now, until we can work it out
      • Inaris/Unagis, general 1.0.1 support
        • 1.0.1 is "out the door," pretty much, so automation isn't valuable to external partners
      • v1.1HD and/or v1-train (support for)
        • don't worry about v1.1HD, just focus on v1-train
  • I've got qDot looking at our crashers (he's getting valgrind working again with B2G): bug 878878 and bug 879451 - stephend
  • We've done a great job with goals this quarter, team -- thanks! - stephend

Goals Check-in

Blog Ideas

If you have any ideas for blog posts, share them here.

Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell

Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)

CI Updates

If you've worked on Jenkins or Selenium Grid in the last week, add the necessary info in the Wiki

Community Update

Time off / Out-of-office

  • 6/21 mbrandt PTO
  • Monday June 24th is a holiday in Romania and all Softvision teams will be out of office

Takeaways and Action Items

  • Takeways:
  • Action Items:
  • Next owner Matt / scribe: Rebecca
  • Next week's meeting notes: