Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.
Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific
Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week
- Action Items:
Discussion Items / Updates
- Work-week details should all be here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Execution/Web_Testing#Next_Team_Work_Week
- krupa: Shipping payments for PL this week
- stephend: yvan of webapps sec team is asking team for interest in and involvement in running/comparing a set of heuristic scanner tools against staging sites. Goal to rate and evaluate them. Simon: most of us have tried some, but not all of them, good to get a comparison of them. Stephend: good to note interest, we only have licenses for some of these tools. Let me know if you have interest.
- stephend: good week for goals, shipped payments & automation for payments; working with tchung/A-team for goals on next quarter. Bob wants to switch up how we do goals, follow Eng. more- unclear what that specifically means for our team. Will run it by team when we get something. Kraj: there is a push to get more coverage on payments.
- stephend: keep up good work on automation, is catching lots of great bugs. IT is discussing shared goal about monitoring- may not come up immediately, but in future, idea of using Selenium for production monitoring.
- Discussion of work week - all up on the wiki. Breakfast at 9, sessions start at 9:30. Lanyard isn't officially set for sessions until we meet Monday. Reminder to keep up with regular duties in addition to work week, or to deflect them as necessary.
- Mbrandt: Meeting tomorrow for Firefox Health Report stakeholders, will identify & clarify QA responsibilities for the project. It's a very cross-functional project, difficult to track which features go out & when, who owns what, who is testing what. Up until now QA has been given short notice on testing needs, also hard to identify exactly what needs work per release. Good to have this discussion.
- Stephend: Reminder to team to please bring any issues to me early & often if your work needs help/clarification/more coordination with the project team for QA.
If you have any ideas for blog posts, share them here.
Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell
Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- No updates
- Reps released bug fixes
- Flicks is working on voting feature
- Firefox Health Report
- Shipped several small improvements to the mobile views
- Glenn Howard has been working on creating a suite of automated smoketests
- Firefox OS
- Newsletter testing
- Marketplace / AMO
- Small release scheduled for early next week
- Milestone 52 successfully released
- Continuous deployment, no updates
If you've worked on Jenkins or Selenium Grid in the last week, add the necessary info in the Wiki
Time off / Out-of-office
- Stephen off 7/26 - 8/9, returning 8/12
Takeaways and Action Items
- Action Items:
- everyone: fill out reservation choices for work week fun event
- send out email re: interest in yvan/staging/tools interest
- will transfer info from QA staff mtg etherpad into weekly meeting notes to reduce duplication of effort
- Next owner / scribe: Wiki only meeting
- Next week's : meeting notes