- 1 Meeting Details
- 2 Lead / Scribe
- 3 Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week
- 4 Discussion Items / Updates
- 5 Goals Check-in - 1st and 3rd meetings, monthly
- 6 Testdays and Sessions
- 7 Blog Ideas
- 8 Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell
- 9 Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- 10 CI Updates
- 11 Community Update
- 12 Time off / Out-of-office
- 13 PTO and other time out of office for Firefox Test Engineering
- 14 Buildmaster (2-week duration)
- 15 Takeaways and Action Items
- 16 Next Meeting
Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.
Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific
Lead / Scribe
- Dave Hunt
- Scribe is responsible for:
- adding the action items and takeaways to the current meeting's minutes
- creating the agenda for the next meeting and carrying the action items and takeaways over to it
- sending out a notice of the availability of that agenda along with the meeting invite
- completing all of the above by the end of the week during which the meeting occurred
Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week
- Action Items:
- [CARRY OVER] [rbillings] talk to the SUMO team about the need for mobile tests
- [CARRY OVER] [rbillings] send out a notice that there will be a discussion next Wednesday about third-party built Mozilla web site (e.g., Firefox Friends)
Discussion Items / Updates
- [stephend] New blog post published! https://blog.mozilla.org/webqa/2015/06/04/i-am-mozilla-web-qa-meet-dave-hunt/
- [stephend] Huge official welcome to Dave Hunt, who has now joined the team!
- [CARRY OVER] [davehunt] Recommended reading: Explicit Vs Implicit Waits
- [CARRY OVER] [davehunt] Do we need to be running tests against Mac OS X?
- The following jobs currently run on Mac OS X: affiliates.(dev|prod|stage), bidpom.stage.saucelabs, hello.prod.(supported|unsupported).saucelabs, mozilla.org.(dev|prod|stage), mozillians.(dev|prod|stage), oneanddone.(dev|stage), socorro.(prod|stage)
- If we didn't need these to run on Mac OS X we could decommission our five Macs in the MV lab.
- Alternatively, we could just reduce the number of Macs we have, or make better use of them.
- We should at least make sure they are running consistent versions of Mac OS X.
- We could also investigate moving over to Mac in a data center (apparently virtualisation is not an option).
- [davehunt] Marketplace has switched to pytest-variables
- [davehunt] We now have our own viydo room
- [stephend] "contributebot" - https://www.mozilla.org/contribute.json
Goals Check-in - 1st and 3rd meetings, monthly
- working-ideas Etherpad here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/webqa-goals-2015-q2
Testdays and Sessions
The Web QA Events page shows any upcoming meetups, test days, and other events for the team.
Have ideas you want to blog about, or you think would make interesting topics? Note them here! this is a template, so update here please
- I encourage us all to do posts similar to: https://blog.mozilla.org/webqa/2014/11/21/i-am-mozilla-web-qa-meet-stephen-donner/
- Posts are live (most recent first)
Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell
- [davehunt] Jenkins Build Monitor Plugin
- [davehunt] Jenkins Claim Plugin
Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- High-priority/supported projects:
- Marketplace / AMO
- One and Done
- Available for ownership:
- REMO/Mozilla Reps
If you've worked on Jenkins or Selenium Grid in the last week, add the necessary info in the Wiki
- [davehunt] Jenkins instances have been updated to v1.609.1 and all plugins are up to date.
- [davehunt] It looks like we're suffering from https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-28175
- [stephend] Looks like Selenium 2.46.0 is coming out soon: https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/blob/87c69e2df451bc00f4d60a07c0cdf8f0e4d20dd2/java/CHANGELOG
Time off / Out-of-office
PTO and other time out of office for Firefox Test Engineering
- [davehunt] - October 26 - PTO
- [davehunt] - December 12-14 - Honolulu marathon
Buildmaster (2-week duration)
- Hands off to the next person at the end of the current Buildmaster's 2-week role, in the Web QA Thursday meeting
The Web QA Buildmaster Rotation page contains the past and upcoming schedule.
These entries are in reverse chronological order.
- 2016-05-05 - 2016-05-19 - stephend
- 2016-04-21 - 2016-05-05 - mbrandt
- 2016-04-07 - 2016-04-21 - davehunt
- 2016-03-24 - 2016-04-07 - rbillings
- 2016-03-10 - 2016-03-24 - krupa
Takeaways and Action Items
- Action Items:
- [NEW] [davehunt] Modify Grid so that we only use two of our Mac Minis, then later decommission the other boxes eventually
- [DONE] [davehunt] Update/replace all the various places we previously linked to Stephen's Vidyo room with the new Web QA Vidyo room
- Public calendar updates
- Wiki meeting details updated
- Patch landed for channel bot (awaiting restart)
- Note sent to mailing list
- [DONE] [davehunt] Configure the Build Monitor plugin + view for supported projects on Jenkins
- [DONE] [davehunt] Install the Claim Report plugin on Jenkins
- All jobs are updated to make use of the plugin. Any new jobs require a post-build action to make the job claimable.
- [NEW] [davehunt] Blog about the Build Monitor plugin
- [DONE] [stephend] Update the meeting invite to use the new Web QA Vidyo room
- [NEW] [stephend] Check if he can control the Web QA Vidyo room
- [NEW] [stephend] Ping Ameet about Selenium South Bay Meetups
- [NEW] [stephend] Get Lonnen/Potch to include the Build Monitor Plugin page/view on the MV and SF monitors (does it go to all offices?)
- Next owner / scribe:
- Owner: mbrandt
- Scribe: bsilverberg
- Next week's meeting notes: