QA/Execution/Web Testing/Meetings/2015-06-11

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Execution‎ | Web Testing‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Web QA Home

Meeting Details

Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.

Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific

Lead / Scribe

  • Lead: [mbrandt]
  • Scribe: [bsilverberg]
    • Scribe is responsible for:
      • adding the action items and takeaways to the current meeting's minutes
      • creating the agenda for the next meeting and carrying the action items and takeaways over to it
      • sending out a notice of the availability of that agenda along with the meeting invite
      • completing all of the above by the end of the week during which the meeting occurred

Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week

    • [DONE] [rbillings] talk to the SUMO team about the need for mobile tests
    • [DONE] [rbillings] send out a notice that there will be a discussion next Wednesday about third-party built Mozilla web site (e.g., Firefox Friends)
    • [DONE] [davehunt] Modify Grid so that we only use two of our Mac Minis, then later decommission the other boxes eventually
      • Kept running OS X 10.9.5
      • Kept running OS X 10.7.5
      • Updated documentation
    • [DONE] [davehunt] Update/replace all the various places we previously linked to Stephen's Vidyo room with the new Web QA Vidyo room
      • Public calendar updates
      • Wiki meeting details updated
      • Channel bot updated
      • Note sent to mailing list
    • [DONE] [davehunt] Configure the Build Monitor plugin + view for supported projects on Jenkins
    • [DONE] [davehunt] Install the Claim Report plugin on Jenkins
      • All jobs are updated to make use of the plugin. Any new jobs require a post-build action to make the job claimable.
    • [NEW] [davehunt] Blog about the Build Monitor plugin
    • [DONE] [stephend] Update the meeting invite to use the new Web QA Vidyo room
    • [NEW] [stephend] Check if he can control the Web QA Vidyo room
    • [NEW] [stephend] Ping Ameet about Selenium South Bay Meetups
    • [NEW] [stephend] Get Lonnen/Potch to include the Build Monitor Plugin page/view on the MV and SF monitors (does it go to all offices?)
      • Configuration is only via cookies at the moment, which might limit the use of the dashboard as a monitor


Discussion Items / Updates

  • [davehunt] What are 'Takeaways' and do we ever capture any? Can we just have 'Action items'?
  • [davehunt] Selenium 2.46 is out, let's upgrade!
  • [davehunt] Selenium Conf 2015 is scheduled for 8-10 September in Portland - anyone going?
  • [davehunt] I've created an issue for switching to native asserts for addons-tests.
    • This will be used as a template for issues in all repositories - take a look and let me know if there's anything I should add.
  • [davehunt] Let's update our Mac Minis to OS X 10.10
  • [rbillings] Let's discuss what the buildmaster does when unsupported projects fail
  • [rpappalardo] End-to-end Python tests for cloud services
  • [laura] Radical participation lab at Whistler
  • [stephend] Not just @ Whistler, but always push for quality, wherever you see the need: CHK_s4tUIAEsLRC.png

Goals Check-in - 1st and 3rd meetings, monthly

Testdays and Sessions

Warning signWarning: This template is no longer in use. Please directly include the Web QA Events page instead.

The Web QA Events page shows any upcoming meetups, test days, and other events for the team.

Blog Ideas

Have ideas you want to blog about, or you think would make interesting topics? Note them here! this is a template, so update here please

Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell

Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)

  • High-priority/supported projects:
    • Marketplace / AMO
    • MozTrap
    • One and Done
    • Socorro
    • SUMO
  • Available for ownership:
    • Webmaker
    • REMO/Mozilla Reps
    • Wiki

CI Updates

If you've worked on Jenkins or Selenium Grid in the last week, add the necessary info in the Wiki

Community Update

Time off / Out-of-office

Warning signWarning: This template is no longer in use. Please directly include the Web QA PTO page instead.

PTO and other time out of office for Firefox Test Engineering

  • [davehunt] - October 26 - PTO
  • [davehunt] - December 12-14 - Honolulu marathon

Buildmaster (2-week duration)

  • Hands off to the next person at the end of the current Buildmaster's 2-week role, in the Web QA Thursday meeting


Warning signWarning: This template is no longer in use. Please directly include the Web QA BuildMaster Rotation page instead.

The Web QA Buildmaster Rotation page contains the past and upcoming schedule.

These entries are in reverse chronological order.

  • 2016-05-05 - 2016-05-19 - stephend
  • 2016-04-21 - 2016-05-05 - mbrandt
  • 2016-04-07 - 2016-04-21 - davehunt
  • 2016-03-24 - 2016-04-07 - rbillings
  • 2016-03-10 - 2016-03-24 - krupa

Action Items

  • Action Items:
    • [NEW] [bsilverberg] See whether the SUMO mobile tests can be run.
    • [NEW] [davehunt] Determine how we can share ownership of the WebQA Vidyo room and control recording.
      • Laura suggested talking to Mike Kelly (Osmose) about this.
    • [DONE] [davehunt] Modify meeting notes template to remove references to "Takeaways".
    • [NEW] [davehunt] Update Selenium to 2.46 on our grid.
    • [DONE] [davehunt] Review and update Saucelabs Selenium and Firefox versions to the latest supported versions.
      • Selenium: 2.45.0 (held back due to Safari issue)
      • Firefox: 37.0 (held back due to Selenium version)
    • [NEW] [davehunt] Update the two Mac Minis to OS X 10.10.
      • stephend to provide on-site support if needed.
    • [NEW] [stephend] Make sure to schedule a discussion at Whistler about unsupported projects.

Next Meeting

  • Next owner / scribe:
  • Next week's meeting notes: