- 1 Firefox QA Standup - May 13th, 2015
- 1.1 Dial-in Information
- 1.2 Discussion Items
- 1.3 Project Updates
- 1.4 Notes and Actions
- 1.5 Heads-Up
- 1.6 Community
- 1.7 Channel Status
- 1.8 Security
- 1.9 Automation (whimboo)
Firefox QA Standup - May 13th, 2015
- Wednesdays, 8:30am Pacific Time
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99779 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99779 (US)
- Vidyo Room: QA-Desktop
- Vidyo Guest URL
- Agenda and notes: etherpad
- Archives: wiki.mozilla.org
- Previous Meeting: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Firefox/TeamMeetings/Firefox-QA-Staff-05-06-2015
Attendees: IoanaChiorean, Florin
- [Florin] Desktop General status (https://etherpad.mozilla.org/DesktopManualQAWeeklyStatus ):
- ESR 31.7 & 38.0 have been signed off - Mac OS Signing verification is pending
- 38.0.5 Beta 1 - conditionally signed off (18 new issues found and logged)
- Main focus:
- 38.0.5 features - Pocket, Reader View, Screensharing
- New Add-on signing
- Lower priority tasks:
- Feature testing - other than 38.0.5 and New Add-on signing
- Bug Verification - other than 38.0.5 or Add-on signing
- Investigation/Verification requests on individual bugs (other than 38.0.5)
- Bug Triage - lowest priority at the moment
- no 38.0.5 mobile builds yet
- might have a beta till June.
- unsure about 39.0b1 then for mobile
- Teo helped out with the Pocket testing
- Mihai checked for any possible regressions due to Add-on signing on mobile.
- possible 38.0.1 for mobile too due to the crash on no hardware acceleration devices.
- no 38.0.5 mobile builds yet
- Firefox 38.0.1 expected in the next days
- DOM (ashughes)
- E10S (Tracy)
- Graphics (ashughes)
- Metrics / Dashboards (KaiRo)
- Stability (KaiRo)
- The Top Crash Scores prototype had shown the same crash for 38 beta for some time that exploded in 38.0 release and made us hold it, so it works in principle. Need to be more aggressive on startup crashes like that in the future.
- EME automation + YouTube MSE automation [sydpolk] (read-only)
- We have tests that can run arbitrary sites, check for video elements, check to see that they start playing, and end playing. They also detect stalls on the audio or video channels. They are not quite ready for production yet; we plan on having them in Jenkins next week.
- maja_zf continues to work on reporting our results to treeherder.
Notes and Actions
- Upcoming PTOs:
- Florin - May 18 - 29 (2 weeks) - Otilia and Andrei will cover
- June 1st - Holiday in Romania, SoftVision teams will be out of office
- KaiRo out May 25 for US holiday
- Marcia Knous will be in Cluj Next week
- May 22-24 - Mozilla Balkans https://reps.mozilla.org/e/mozilla-balkans-community-meetup/
- 25 participants from the 12 Balkan countries
- We (Ioana, Ada, Bebe) will be helping Marcia on the QA Track
Release (Fx 38)(Desktop - KaiRo Mobile - Aaron/Ioana)
- Mobile: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/37
- Updates to 38.0 have been stopped and set back to 37.0.2 due to startup crash bug 1154703
- We have a fix (the patch fr this had a typo) and will do a 38.0.1 probably soon.
Beta (Fx38.0.5) (Desktop - KaiRo Mobile - Ioana/Kevin)
- still a number of issues to be solved, as Florin mentioned.
Aurora (Fx 40) (Desktop - KaiRo Mobile - Ioana/Kevin)
- Some issues need to be fixed before we'll be able to turn on updates, esp. crashes.
Nightly (Fx 41) (Desktop - KaiRo Mobile - Ioana/Kevin)
ESR (Fx 31.7.0)
- [Florin] Fully signed off - pending post-release check for Mac OS Signing verification
ESR (Fx 38.0)
- [Florin] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1162055 - [ESR 38.0] Firefox Hello available via Firstrun experience
- Issue is not yet fixed - raised to Lawrence to follow up on it
- Mozmill (sydpolk)
- whimboo has returned and resumed maintainership of mozmill. A lot of tests have been disabled and won't be fixed until they are redone for marionette.