- 1 Firefox QA Standup - August 20th, 2014
- 1.1 Dial-in Information
- 1.2 Discussion Items
- 1.3 Project Updates
- 1.4 Notes and Actions
- 1.5 Heads-Up
- 1.6 Q3 Goals
- 1.7 Community
- 1.8 Channel Status
- 1.9 Security
- 1.10 Automation (whimboo)
- 1.11 Stability
Firefox QA Standup - August 20th, 2014
- Wednesdays, 8:30am Pacific Time
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99779 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99779 (US)
- Vidyo Room: QA-Desktop
- Vidyo Guest URL
- Agenda and notes: etherpad
- Archives: wiki.mozilla.org
- Previous Meeting: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Firefox/TeamMeetings/Firefox-QA-Staff-08-13-2014
Attendees: Florin, Catalin V., Petruta, Mihaela, Cornel, KaiRo, Tracy, Anthony Hughes, lizzard, madamezou, Alexandra, Bogdan, Andrei
- Idea - focus contributors on Aurora for exploratory testing experiments as a means of engaging community in a more productive manner.
- Having fewer people on Nightly could have a negative effect on stability
- Try moving some of the Beta users to Aurora
- One and Done links in Aurora Snippets
- What kind of feed back can we give the users for participating in the experiments
- Need to come up with a list of experiments to run
- tasks in one and done
- Metrics to measure success
- Anthony, Liz, MSchifer, Tracy - schedule meeting to discuss ideas
- [Florin] OP rights on IRC for myself (:FlorinMezei), Andrei Vaida (:avaida) and ioanachiorean. Channels: #testday, #qa, #mozillians, #romania, #firefox, #remo - Any updates?
- we had this on Thursday, but not anymore [kbrosnon will follow up on chan ownership]
- [Florin] I received the following from Marco: "the webRTC/Loop team is going to start using the iteration and point fields as well for their separate iterations. The firefox-backlog+ flag will separate our bugs from theirs."
- how does this impact us? should we take this into account, or consider it sprint work along with everything else in our sprint?
- Forward email to ashughes - he will follow up on it.
- This will also impact the dashboard
- New QE-Verify flag - replaces use of whiteboard tag QA[+/-] and the verifyme keyword
- KaiRo's prototype dashboard has been updated to query for that
- Feature owners - One and Done Tasks
- Bug Verification work load?
- Android test devices
- Xperia z series tablets, Motorola X & G phones (these cover the basic chip sets we need)
- Please make a list of any additional devices you may need
- Loop (ashughes)
- Fx33: Loop will ride to Beta to collect feedback but will not be accepting any further feature/UI changes, will be pref'd off for Release
- Fx34: FxA is being added to the current scope -- platform work is mostly complete, front-end work will be mostly complete by migration but some uplifts will need to occur in Aurora (NLT first iteration)
- Contemplating building in a "Rooms" mode for 35, 36 or later
- Nils is in Tribes - No Update
- Contributor Pathways
- [juanb] Mac OS X new packaging and code signing requirements
- [juanb] e10s scheduled for Fx36 (it's getting higher priority), around Nov.
- This means enabled by default on nightly.
- Tablet work starting (likely 35)
- Pref reorg http://bugzil.la/965377
- Pref stumbler on nightly http://bugzil.la/1054520 - Nightly only should not ride the train
- Chromecast/Roku bugs/crashes
- Plan is to keep it off release (see detailed notes at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/ProductPlanning/Notes-2014-08-19
- Search activity & widget. Feature will be enabled in in pre-release channels. Won't ride trains to release until it's better than MVP
Notes and Actions
- Upcoming PTOs:
- Paul - PTO - August 18th - 22nd
- Teodora - PTO -August 13th - 22nd
- Henrik - PTO - August 18th - 22nd
- Aaron - PTO - August 29th
- Flaviu - PTO - August 22nd - September 3rd
- Catalin S. PTO - September 1st - September 8th
Release (Fx31) (Desktop - Anthony/Liz Mobile - Aaron/Kevin)
Beta (Fx 32) (Desktop - Juan/Kamil Mobile - Aaron/Kevin )
Aurora (Fx 33) (Desktop - Tracy/Kevin Mobile - Aaron/Kevin)
Nightly (Fx 34)(Desktop - Liz Mobile - Aaron/Kevin)
ESR (Fx 24.7 + Fx 31)
- Preliminary key pinning going into Fx32: https://wiki.mozilla.org/SecurityEngineering/Public_Key_Pinning#Implementation_status
- We are rolling back remote lookups for safe browsing in Fx32 due to concerns over false positives and lack of UI: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1055670
- After backout of adware-related patch, crash rates on beta are going down but not yet entirely where we want them.
- ADI source has been switched on Socorro crash-stats, bug 1056025 filed on Android issues with that.
- Aurora still has OMTC issues but patches just landed to improve this, need to watch data for this.