QA/Firefox 4/Test Plan/ResourcePackagesTestplan
- 1 Resource packages
- 2 Feature Release Readiness Assessment
- 3 Feature Documentation
- 4 Feature Bug Management
- 5 Feature Test Items
- 6 Feature Tests
- 7 Community Test Events
- 8 Feature Documentation Details
- 9 Feature Release Readiness Assessment Details
- 10 Feature Bug Management Details
- 11 Feature Test Items Details
- 12 Feature Tests Details
- 13 Demoing Direct2D
- 14 Community Test Events Details
|Development Status:||In progress (2010-06-18)|
|Feature Testing:||In progress (planning)|
|Team:||Developer: Justin Lebar (:jlebar), QA: Martijn Wargers (:mw22)|
|Tracking Bugs||bug 529208 - Resource Package support|
Resource Packages is meant to implement a standard approach to transmit file resources in a single package for use in a web page, including (but not exclusively) JS, CSS, images. It should be a standard that all browsers makers can easily implement, and that is backwards compatible with browsers that do not support it.
The table below provides a top level go/no go assessment of whether the feature is release ready for the given milestone.
|#Project_Wiki||Wiki Links to all feature related entries|
|#Developer_Links (blogs)||Developer links to feature related sites|
|#Other_Docs||Web links to feature related sites|
|#Developer_QA_Review||Details from developer and qa discussions regarding feature test strategies and issues.|
|#Bug_Tracking||Top level bugs tracking feature|
|#Bug_Verification||Feature bugs that need verification|
|#Bug_Triage||Links triage bug tasks|
The table below provides a breakdown of all feature items that should be covered and how they will be tested. Not all items will be covered by internal QA team members. It is important to list what should be covered. If it is not covered, list it as not covered.
Note: not all items listed below will apply for a given feature
|Test Item||Description||Covered By||Status|
|Item 1||Item 1 Description||Developer Tests|
|Item 2||Item 2 Description||Beta tester exposure|
|#Topsites||Top internet sites compatibilities|
|#Developer_Tests||Links to automated developer tests|
|#Mozmill_Tests||Links to automated mozmill feature test cases|
|#Smoke_Tests||link to smoke tests|
|#Regression_Tests||link to BFT and/or regression tests|
|#Functional_Tests||link to FFT and/or complete functional tests|
|#Testdays||Links to test day event results for feature|
|#Bugdays||Links to bug day event results for feature|
|#Meetups||Links to Meetup events for feature|
Developer QA Review
The QA person responsible for the feature should hold a formal interview with the lead developer or feature champion. Below are questions that should be asked in the interview:
- Do we have automated tests for the feature?
- What kind of manual testing is needed for this feature?
- What do they cover?
- What do they not cover?
- How well do they cover the feature?
- What are the important areas we should focus on?
- What are the dependencies?
- What is our comfort level with this feature in its current state?
- What feedback would you like from QA?
- Top level bugs tracking feature. Include any relevant bug queries that are helpful for tracking feature status.
|bugzilla query url link||query description|
- Feature bugs that need verification
- Bug triage information
- Details of feature localization test requirements
- Details of feature accessibility test requirements
- Details of plugins compatibility test requirements
- Details of addons compatibility
- Details of top internet sites test requirements
- Links to automated developer tests
If a particular feature needs manual tests which should also be covered by Mozmill tests please add the "[mozmill-test-needed]" whiteboard entry to the feature implementation or regression bug.
List of Mozmill Tests:
- Links to automated mozmill feature test cases
- Manual Tests
- Most of the testing can be done with automated tests. Also, manual testing is difficult, since you basically need a webserver to test this (or can it also be used locally, need to ask)
- Interesting Sites to Test Manually
- links to litmus smoke tests or description
- links to litmus BFT and/or regression tests description
- links to litmus FFT and/or complete functional tests description
- Results from first Test Day:
- Links to bug day event results for feature
- Links to Meetup events for feature