QA/Mozmill Test Automation/Endurance Tests/Meetings/03-15-2011
Previous Action Items
- [DONE] Come up with a whiteboard entry for bug that are suitable targets for ad-hoc or permanent endurance tests. (Dave)
- [DONE] Land patch for running test scripts with add-ons installed (Dave)
- [DONE] Land patch for gathering details of installed add-ons for the report (Dave)
- [DONE] Create/land a patch for downloading add-ons specified by URL (Dave)
- [DONE] Create a list of bugs that should have ad-hoc endurance tests created for them (Dave)
- [MISSED] Follow-up with Joel Maher regarding discussion on how we can sync up with Talos (Dave)
- [DONE] Blog about endurance tests, including screencast. (Dave)
- [DONE] Create an endurance test for Panaroma (Anthony)
- [DONE] Source a flash video to serve as local content (Anthony)
- [DONE] Create ad-hoc endurance tests to replicate various existing bugs. (Dave)
Discussion Items / Updates
- New whiteboard entry is [mozmill-endurance] which will be used in combination with [mozmill-test-needed]. Bugzilla query
- We need an initial version of dashboard before testday
- Dashboard improvements
- Date filter
- Expand/collapse add-on lists
- Link to add-on pages
- Include failure details
- Optimise charts with lots of data
- Load report data as an overlay for quick navigation/comparison?
- How could we handle add-ons with modal dialogs
- Should we modify existing tests so that they do not accumulate between iterations?
- Can we resize the browser window with Mozmill?
Meeting was skipped as Matt Evans and Henrik Skupin were unable to attend. Discussion items will be pushed to next meeting.
- [CARRY OVER] Follow-up with Joel Maher re: discussion on how we can sync up with Talos (Dave)
- Submit endurance dashboard report patch for review. (Dave)
- Continue to try to replicate bug 636077 with an endurance test running on Windows XP on an earlier build. (Dave)
- Try to replicate bug 637782 with an endurance test. (Dave)
- Get in touch with JS team (Andras Gal, Nick Nethercote) to come up with a way for them to suggest tests that could benefit from having a Mozmill endurance test. Perhaps simply adding whiteboard entries and CC'ing Dave Hunt. (Dave)