QA/Mozmill Test Automation/Endurance Tests/Meetings/03-01-2011
Previous Action Items
- [DONE] Raise a bug for running endurance tests with addons (Dave) bug 634567
- [DONE] Raise a bug for caching metrics to disk instead of memory (Dave) bug 634580
- [DONE] Raise a bug to add endurance test compatibility to the crowd extension (Dave) bug 634582
- [DONE] Add readme for endurance tests (Dave) bug 636180
- [ON TRACK] Create an endurance test for Panaroma (Anthony)
- [ON TRACK] Source a flash video to serve as local content (Anthony)
- [DONE] Find out if we can run restart endurance tests (Dave)
- [DONE] Find a contact in the Talos team so we can start to investigate gathering similar metrics. Joel Maher is an active contributor. (Dave)
- [MISSED] Continue to investigate using endurance tests to replicate the bugs mentioned above. (Dave)
Discussion Items / Updates
- We can't currently run restart endurance tests, should we make this phase 2?
- Heard back from Joel Maher (Talos), who agrees we should syn up, and will spend some time looking through the links I provided him.
- Working on blog post for endurance tests - want to create a screencast before posting.
- Created various bugs and patches for running tests with addons installed and reporting installed addons.
- Restarting endurance tests not considered a priority, so putting this idea on hold for now.
- Worth taking a look at Zippity, which gathers performance metrics for Firefox Mobile.
- We should come up with a whiteboard entry for bugs that might be worth replicating with endurance tests.
- Anthony will be finishing up his current action items, but is refocusing his efforts on Panorama so no new action items will be set for now.
- Come up with a whiteboard entry for bug that are suitable targets for ad-hoc or permanent endurance tests. (Dave)
- Land patch for running test scripts with add-ons installed (Dave)
- Land patch for gathering details of installed add-ons for the report (Dave)
- Create/land a patch for downloading add-ons specified by URL (Dave)
- Create a list of bugs that should have ad-hoc endurance tests created for them (Dave)
- Follow-up with Joel Maher regarding discussion on how we can sync up with Talos (Dave)
- Blog about endurance tests, including screencast. (Dave)
- [CARRY OVER] Create an endurance test for Panaroma (Anthony)
- [CARRY OVER] Source a flash video to serve as local content (Anthony)
- [CARRY OVER] Create ad-hoc endurance tests to replicate various existing bugs. (Dave)