QA/Mozmill Test Automation/Endurance Tests/Meetings/05-31-2011
Previous Action Items
- [DONE] Update documentation. (Dave)
- [DONE] Land all patches currently in review. (Dave)
- [CARRY OVER] Fix failing test. (Anthony)
- [CARRY OVER] Investigate next steps for Flash content tests (bug 635310). (Anthony)
- [DONE] Modify existing 'open new tab' tests to cleanup between iterations. (Dave)
- [CARRY OVER] Implement a 'max memory' view to expose testruns consuming large amounts of memory. (Dave)
- [DONE] Link from Mozmill documentation to Endurance Tests documentation. (Dave)
- [CARRY OVER] Schedule endurance test involvement for next Mozmill testday. (Dave/Henrik)
- [DONE] Add to backlog: Allow users to specify what metrics to gather
- [DONE] Add to backlog: Gather all available memory metrics from about:memory
- [CARRY OVER] Investigate if we can gather all details from about:support in the same way that we currently gather metrics from about:memory. (Dave)
- [CARRY OVER] [UNASSIGNED] Investigate diagnostic interfaces to all systems.
- What can we gather?
- How can we sync this data up?
- [CARRY OVER] Investigate extra resources for endurance tests. (Matt)
- [CARRY OVER] Investigate caching results to disk during testrun to reduce any impact on memory metrics (bug 634580). (Dave)
- Fixes for running endurance tests on Nightly (bug 656869) - Patches in review.
- Pre-calculate statistics (bug 644654, bug 650382) - Patches in review.
- [ASSIGNED] bug 635310 - Mozmill Endurance test for flash video performance - ashughes
- Currently reaching out to Benoit Girard and Chris Jones to get more detailed information about Flash rendering
- Prelim: video, ads, and games each use different rendering methods -- will likely mean 3 separate tests
- Running an endurance test with restarts enabled and a large number of iterations causes Disconnect Error bug 658395
- [ASSIGNED] Switching tabs in Panorama (bug 657368) - ashughes
Discussion Items / Updates
- Skip next meeting due to PTO?
- Dave will take on the failing test issue from Anthony
- Cancel next meeting due to PTO. (Dave)
- Fix the failing test. (Dave)
- Raise a new bug for dealing with issues encountered when gathering metrics. (Dave)
- All action items carried over from previous meeting.