- 1 QA Community Team Meeting
- 2 Upcoming Testdays
- 3 Discussion Items
- 4 Project Status
- 4.1 Community Building/Events (ideas and progress) [marcia/ashughes]
- 4.2 QA Videos [marcia]
- 4.3 QMO [abillings]
- 4.4 Roundtable
- 4.5 Meeting Notes/Action Items
- 4.5.1 Action items/Notes from (20111019) meeting
- 4.5.2 Action items/Notes from (20111005) meeting
- 4.5.3 Action items/Notes from (20110907) meeting
- 4.5.4 Action items/Notes from (20110824) meeting
- 4.5.5 Action Items/Notes from (20110713) meeting
- 4.5.6 Action items from (20110615) meeting
- 4.5.7 Action items from (20110601) meeting
- 4.5.8 Action Items from (20110518) meeting
QA Community Team Meeting
- October 19, 2011
- Attendees: mbrandt, marlena, ashughes, mevans, marcia, abillings, juanb
- Plugin Compatibility - Friday, October 21, 2011 - test plan
- QA SIG document
- marcia completed 2nd draft and circulated for feedback
- This is currently a top level community goal.
- Relationship to Engagement Kit: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/GC250Zk3cY
- Team slides for a General QA presentation
- Status? Are teams making progress?
- Template was sent out last week but I haven't got anything back yet
- Community Kit
- Proposed by Anthony in thread re: Mozilla Hispano
- Juan created this etherpad for feedback
- Some teams also have their own community goals.
Community Building/Events (ideas and progress) [marcia/ashughes]
- Mozilla Festival Event on Track.
- Need input from teams ASAP re: Flyer content
- Web Apps link: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Apps/QA/OWA_Extension
- MozCamp Berlin Status
- MozCamp Malaysia Status
- tchung attending
QA Videos [marcia]
- Nightly video is complete and has been posted to the page.
- Hoping to update for Buddypress 1.5 and plugin security updates this week.
Meeting Notes/Action Items
Action items/Notes from (20111019) meeting
- QA SIG - are we comfortable in current state?
- mevans suggests having this as a theme for the upcoming QA newsletter. We can announce it there and then refine over time.
- Also discuss this with Vlad and Iona
- Status of Team Slides
- Goal have it for the Mozilla Festival
- Include clearest path to contribution in the slides
- How do want to present Mobile to the outside world?
- Not easy to find on QMO - needs to be exposed more
- Next steps: Team discussion how do we want to present
- Engagement Kit - Goal for Q4
- Should be structured as a simple task for a particular audience?
- More experienced users?
- Badging and how that relates to the tasks
- Add feedback to etherpad that juan set up
- Tracking new contributors into the project
- Encourage new users to Sign up for QMO and add mozillians PB entry.
- Have a sign in sheet available at the various events
- XML RPC we did not have, it has been fixed
- Basically bringing all the plugins up to date
- Include SIG as a theme for newsletter [marcia]
- Have team slides available in time for Mozilla Festival on November 4 [team leads]
- Provide links for QA flyer to be used for Mozilla festival [team leads]
- Set up a team discussion about how we want to present Mobile [ashughes?]
- Talk to Dave Dash about enhancements for the mozillians phonebook [marlena]
- Add Engagement kit project start to Q4 goals [juanb]
Action items/Notes from (20111005) meeting
- Team leads to come up with 2 slides to use as part of a general QA presentation
- Target deadline is before MozCamp Malaysia event in mid November
- Team leads to create a set of Q4 community goals (will be on a public wiki but link back to the intranet page)
- Please use https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/QA_Community#Team_Goals for the public page and then we can link back to the intranet page.
- Work to improve Services content on QMO [marcia and jbonacci]
- Construct a user survey to post on QMO [abillings]
- Set up a Browser ID Test Day for next Friday [jbonacci and ashughes]
- Test Days
- Browser ID Test Day on the radar for next Friday
- QA Sig
- Consider Inviting our regular users to help us define the role and put up a blog post
- QA Team Slide Preso
- Team Leads
- Advertise and evangelize what we do within each team
- Charter at team level
- Similar to what we did at the Summit
- Summary slide
- Team Leads
- QA Team Goals
- Break the community down into teams
- Link to the Goals page - Q4 it should be on the public wiki
- Each Team should have a set of Q4 community goals
- QA Services Team
- Advertise it on QMO. Marcia to work with James to get content updated on QMO.
- Longer term goal
- How do we prevent this in the future. Postmortem about how to avoid this in the future.
- Education, fixing code, stopping
- James to talk to Pete about load test that would have shown this. Making sure we test this in the future will be important
- Please see Mary Colvig's email regarding the MozCamps
- Blocking issue - hard to know where QA wants to go with QMO and that drives the development decisions
- User survey on QMO - Did not happen last quarter but Al will get some team feedback and work on it for this quarter.
Action items/Notes from (20110907) meeting
- Get communications out as soon as possible for upcoming Test Day(entire team)
- Make timezone a dropdown instead of free form text field in TestDay questionnaire [ashughes]
- marcia to contact Mary about status of Firefox 4 tshirts.
- marcia and matt to sync up offline re: blurb for GTAC meetup
- matt to clarify if the next mtg will be during QA work week
- waverly to organize a Test Day event for the 16th and 23rd.
- ashughes needs team feedback on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmkRt0ylPb8zdEFaWGtlbjdNNXowR210S2NVb0sxVnc&hl=en_US
- marcia needs to get a vidyo URL to post
Whiteboard Status thread
- Identify how we are going to proceed
- Dedicated time within the work week to get things assigned.
- Goal of the work week that we have done a lot of triage - clearly Firefox 8-9-10
Move forward with plans to get Devs involved in QA test events
- Push forward invite to a Webcast -
- Get Something planned for dev.planning - request help from devs that are interested
- Target Friday of the QA work week - possibly the 23rd
- Doesn't have to be a developer that hosts the test event. Could be someone like Asa or Mitchell
Meetups in Klug
- Matt suggested that the Waverly team set one up and then go from there.
- Next meeting
- Unclear whether the next Community meeting will fall during the QA Work week
Action items/Notes from (20110824) meeting
- Consensus around the theme
- Perhaps Involve Bob's group
- Advertise in GTAC forums, Linked in, Lightning talks
- What is the goal of having the meetup?
- I think we want to keep the notion of talks to lightning talks - social interaction should be emphasized
- Adding others to this meeting:
- Increase the visibility of our involvement into community - advertising blitz to this meeting. Call into this meeting.
- Focal point of our community involvement. Call to our community - Adding others to this meeting -> Broader community -> Focal point - wider participation in this meeting.
- Key is to Advertise as much as we possibly can - Better communication - Every Two weeks
- QA Ambassadors
- Building a more global community - have people involved in more places around the world
- We should think of anything we could ask of them - owen
- What do we want them to do?
- Draft Document is on Google documents -> Will send out in notes
- Test Days
- Testday Drivers/Topics for September
- Matt recommends not doing something on 9/2
- Can we use vidyo - record a webcast of the screen sharing video itself - planning to do for this test day on Friday. AI - Advertise it - Trial run with Joe Drew this Friday
- Recorded session versus webcast - what we can do with it.
- Combination would be good - screencast
- Action Items:
- QA team: Add ideas to http://mozqa.sync.in/qa-oct-meetup-ideas for GTAC
- Marcia to Create etherpad for Mozilla Ambassador feedback
- Created: See http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/QA-Community-SIG
- Anthony to send messaging about no Test Day on 9/2/11
- Marlena to ask WebQA about potential Test Day topics for 9/9/11
Action Items/Notes from (20110713) meeting
- GTAC - Matt will register team. Something around test automation - demo hot tools in automation. October 26-27, 2011 in Mt. View
- Firefox Testday Cadence
- Best time for Beta test day is one week after the merge
- Best time for Aurora test day is 4 weeks after the merge
- ashughes to create public page to suggest topics
- http://quality.mozilla.org/teams/qmo-community/ - do we really need it? owen is confused and other people may be confused.
- File a bug to remove the QA Community Team Page
- How we do our org chart internally-and how we present to community does not have to be a 1:1 correlation.
Action items from (20110615) meeting
- marcia and owen to meet to talk about badging rewards
Action items from (20110601) meeting
- Owen to create a wiki page to suggest some flow improvements
- Need more moderators for this week's test day
- Need to get Test Day posts up on QMO early if we have one scheduled.
- Please review QMO badge sketches that Al sent out on 5/26/11
- Marcia following up with Mary re: events
- Videos - Think about refreshing the QA video on the front page
Action Items from (20110518) meeting
- [DONE] ashughes to add TestDay checklist info to https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/QA_Community/Meetings/2011-05-18 and also make the schedule a static link
'Marcia to add a Brainstorming scrumpad to Community page where suggestions can be made such as improvements to QMO, video ideas, etc.'
- Marcia to follow up with Rainer to get the video of the QA team at Whistler
- Marcia to Dig deeper with Mary about events after Friday meeting
- Tracy owes Tony a video for sync - Introduction to Sync - Tips and Tricks on how to test
- Al to get TwoPress URL - maybe look at it once it is up on QMO staging site
- Expansion of testdays into the European and Asian
timezones. Softvision can help us here. Henrik sees this as very impt. to the expansion of our community