Softvision Desktop Standup - November 6th, 2013
- Wednesdays, 9am Pacific Time
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99779 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99779 (US)
- Vidyo Room: QA-Desktop
- Vidyo Guest URL
- Agenda and notes: etherpad
- Archives: wiki.mozilla.org
- Previous Meeting: 2013-10-30
- Upcoming PTOs:
- Manuela Muntean - November 8th
- Petruta Rasa - November 21st and 22nd
- US Thanksgiving holiday, Thur November 28th
- Canadian Remembrance Day, Monday November 11th
- Anthony on PTO November 16 - December 1st
- Friday, November 8th - Firefox 26.0 Beta 3 Testday
Previous Action Items
- [done] Anthony to ramp up Paul Silaghi with Nightly testing, including Shumway once ** https://wiki.mozilla.org/Shumway/Test_Plan
- [done] Anthony to update GetInvolved wiki page and QMO team page with mentoring info
- [in progress] Anthony to communicate "effect of uplifts" more to mobile/desktop QA teams to get feedback, include methodology for collecting numbers
- Blogged numbers for Fx25 - https://ashughes.com/?p=66
- Still need to approach Mobile QA about discussing the numbers
- Web Audio testing/Gaming
- New Epic Santucary Demo has been uploaded into the demo's folder. It is no longer restricted to 64bit systems. There does seem to be some audio lag issues with it and the latest nightly builds. This should be investigated.
- When testing audio, please use as many different audio output devices as you can find laying around to see if they behave any differently. I discovered issue with USB Plantronics headphones on mac bookpro with OSX 10.8.
- New Web Audio test link - http://dev.noteflight.com/scores/view/66d71f5197498141dc00d01fffed1d383795fa61?app=html5
- On FF25 at the end of each note played there would be a hard cliping sound and cut off. This is mostly fixed in nightly now but should be something to watch out for in future regressions.
- Manuela is currently working on this - she will send an email with the results when she's done.
- One of the Firefox 27 features needs testing with a trackpad and hiDPI display. Can anyone on Mozilla side take ownership of this? - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=860493
- juan has taken qa ownership of this
- Nightly testing additional resources (webRTC) - how often are they needed?
- Fx25 Post-mortem: https://mozqa.etherpad.mozilla.org/firefox25-post-mortem
Notes and Actions
- [ioana] send Anthony an email about what happened with the App Manager feature
- please add email@example.com to mozqa etherpad (done, lizzard@mozilla also works)
- Starting next week, this meeting starts at 8:30am Pacific .