From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes May-02-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
  • Upcoming Events

Travel / PTO

  • marcia PTO 5/3/12, working remotely next week.
  • geo, tchung, and jhammink in San Diego 5/7-5/11 for B2G workweek
  • dclarke 5/7 - 5/14 in Tokyo Japan, working remotely

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • Beta (ashughes)
      • 13.0b2 candidates are available for testing
      • We are working on a plan to move to nightly Betas in the near future
        • Daily automation and bug fix verifications
        • Weekly milestones for manual testing, feature sign-offs, and verified fixes
    • 1.9.2 (ashughes)
      • 10% drop in 3.6 ADUs since pushing EOL billboard last week (~5x our normal weekly rate)
      • Pushing 3.6.* -> 12 major update live today
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • 10.0.4esr is live, nothing new to report at this time
  • Stability (marcia)
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • Henrik Skupin is now leading Mozmill Tests development
    • I'm working as a Desktop Automation consultant/feedback peer
      • Source of truth for the automation needs of Desktop Firefox
      • Working with Desktop Automation to on-board feature owners in development of their own Mozmill tests
      • Will continue to give feedback on patches and assist with check-ins
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • No client trains
  • App WebRT (David/Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Final testing and debugging for mozillian preview release for desktop web apps (addressing qawanted bugs, verifying bugs, sanity smoke tests)
      • Turned into a web app App Install Page
      • First Pass on Kilimanjaro Triage for Desktop Web Apps
      • Supporting web compatibility testing for mobile
      • Apps Test Day on May 4th - Need moderators, sign up here
    • What's next?
      • Continued development of test plan for web apps integration into desktop
      • Exploratory and formlized testing as needed for desktop web apps
      • Spec out the automation requirements formally for desktop web apps
      • Mobile web compatibility analysis for top sites
      • Start specing out test plan for AITC desktop client
  • Community & New Members
    • Utilizing qa-contribute list to grab new QA contributors, please help if possible. Check out this page if you can help with responding to contributors.
    • Posted a getting started post on QMO, posted publicly to test day communication channels we use (e.g. facebook, twitter)
    • Contributors starting to try out web apps on nightly as first task I include to new contributors
    • Desktop task list is being developed, notes are here

Mobile (Tony)

  • Highlights
    • Fennec Aurora is out, goals for Beta 1 early next week
    • Fennec Beta Testday targeting 5/18
    • B2G workweek next week - working closer with telefonica on combined test approaches
    • This just in: b2g/services are disputing over Contacts design. James to investigate on server side, and loop in b2g qa when ready.
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Beta Status
      • 2012-05-08: Go to build
      • 2012-05-11: Push to market
    • Aurora Status
      • Landing blockers
    • Stability (nhirata)
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • Started with Simple Bug Triage this week
    • Still testing/filing bugs against our own daily builds
    • Test Planning (testcase writing) in the works for this iteration
    • Writing to all new community members to onboard them.
    • Focus this week is on upgrades (build machines to 12.04 and SGS2s to ICS) so work and documentation in the works on that end.
    • Will be getting tagged candidate builds starting with this week
    • B2G workweek next week will get WebAPI automation effort jumpstarted.
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • 5 min smoke test plan to be finished for pancake by this weekend
    • test plan to be updated
    • Getting closer to public release
  • Community Members Onboarding

Services (jbonacci)

  • Hiring
    • Recruiting and screening continues...
  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Four deployments to Stage are in progress:
      • Bug 748164 - Deploy server-storage 1.10-2
      • Bug 744051 - Deploy server-node-assignment rpm-1.7-1
      • Bug 750775 - Deploy server-core 2.7-3 to account portal
      • Bug 717073 - sync: reg -> 1.0-2, sreg -> 1.0-12, core -> 2.7-3
      • Bug 750987 - Deploy server-aitc 1.1-1
    • Work continues on TokenServer functional testing, bug regression, and documentation
    • Work continues on AITC and Sync 2.0 bug regression and documentation
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Train 26: Bug 749756 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.04.27 to production
    • Initial testing has begun for in Stage
    • Test planning for BigTent, KPI, VinzClortho
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • None at this time

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • No new releases until after webdev workweek
    • Community member rshetty is still rocking it.
  • AMO
    • Moved amo tasks into consolidated WebQA tracker
  • BrowserID
    • Added coverage on for dev/stage/prod, on Firefox 12/11 (Windows, Mac, Linux), Chrome, IE 8, IE 9
    • Working on adding mobile coverage
  • Engagement Projects
    • pushed release yesterday
  • Mozillians
    • No new releases until after webdev workweek
    • We have community members coaching and onboarding community members on the project now
  • MDN
    • [1] working on next release
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • On continuous deployment
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • Ziranov has been contributing AMO test pulls

Community (Marcia)

  • Upcoming Events
  • Testdays (ashughes)
  • Video Work
    • Rainer out but we have discussed what to do with the footage from MozCamp.
      • Legal bug filed since some of the MozCamp footage contains Firefox interacting with minors and we are not sure we can use it.
    • Got some good interviews with some of the Women In Mozilla including Gabriela
  • (Raymond):
    • no updates this week
  • Community Members Onboarding

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • No updates


  • Mozmill 2: Massive JS code clean-up for the Mozmill extension (not IDE)
  • Mozmill Tests: Going forward in using manifests for test execution
  • Mozmill Tests: Upcoming wiki pages for tracking test failures, skipped tests across branches by including Bugzilla entries directly via the new extension
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Security review still in progress. Adam says he should be done with this tonight.
  • Continuing work on REST API / Automation connector still. ETA: hopefully by the end of the week.
  • Ubuntu wants OpenID supported. They're going to try to find someone from Ubuntu to implement it for us.
  • In talks with LibreOffice QA. Looks good for them to migrate from Litmus to MozTrap.
  • Rebecca converting our Selenium tests to Webdriver to fall in line with the rest of WebQA Selenium tests.
  • Will add OWA support back in by next week.
  • Will meet with QA about our "best practices" with writing tests in MozTrap

Community Members Onboarding

  • Mario Scheliga [:mario] - He is from Berlin and is working on a XULRunner application. He is totally interested in using Mozmill and want to help with testing Mozmill 2.0.

Kilimanjaro Discussion

  • Open questions on kilimanjaro - add them here (jsmith)
  • How best to approach projects using Github instead of Bugzilla (Identity, B2G, etc) (geo)
  • k90 Triage meetings - who should attend? how should we collect issues, represent them, and report back to the team? (tchung)
  • Kilimanjaro blockers - Trying to understand meaning against FF release cycle (jsmith)
    • Blocker of kilimanjaro = blocker of FF 15 release? Since FF 15 release is in late August?
    • Kilimanjaro blocker - Is it required that the code just has to land? Be in Aurora? Be released to users?
  • Followup on use cases discussion from last week - Next Steps (jsmith)

Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • ashughes: MozTrap Guidelines Discussion (etherpad) -- when can we meet? who wants to take part?

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Action Items
    • Test bug 744162 on various platforms
    • Recommend trying out 2 new features on trunk
      • Click to play (must be enabled in about:config)
      • New Download button
  • jbonacci to follow up on Sync Contacts issue
  • ashughes to follow up re: bug 751256
  • geo and mbrandt to tag team to create a meeting re: github and bugzilla issue.
  • Contact ashughes if you are interested in
  • Invite community members to the meeting
  • Announce meeting on QMO/Cross link to wiki

Last Meeting

  • Action Items