From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Apr 25, 2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • B2G:
      • Beria Lima (brazilian for localization),
      • Santiago Hollman,
      • Hernan Colmiero
      • Others coming...
  • Upcoming Events
    • B2G Work Week, May 7-11, San Diego (geo and jammink)
  • PTOs
    • Marlena on permanent PTO as of May 2
  • Upcoming Conferences

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • 12.0 released yesterday, updates unthrottled until later today then throttled until we decide it's safe to reopen
    • 13.0b1 delayed go-to-build later today, targeting Beta release by Thursday
    • 14.0a2 on track to enable Aurora updates on Friday
    • 15.0a1 now in Nightly
    • 3.6 De-support billboard & Major Update to Firefox 12 live but unadvertised until Firefox 12 updates reopened
    • Win2k/XP De-support hotfix now live for Firefox 10-12 users (directs users to SUMO desupport article and MS Upgrade website)
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • 10.0.4esr released yesterday
  • Stability (marcia)
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • Nothing new to report this week
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • Desktop:
      • Dev has been spending time on AITC. So no client train last week or this.
      • Uncertainty around when Sync 2.0 is targeting
  • App WebRT (David/Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Exploratory and formalized smoke testing against the new web apps integration into desktop feature
      • Address qawanted and try build testing needed by developers
      • Ensure closeout of marketplace beta blockers for web apps integration into desktop (target = May 3rd)
      • Working on infrastructure and functional automation spec for web apps integration into desktop
      • Supporting web compatibility initiative - Targeting top apps (e.g. twitter, EA games)
    • What's next?
      • Testing support for web apps integration into desktop for marketplace beta date (exploratory testing, formalized smoke testing, qawanted support, debugging, verifications)
      • Working on infrastructure for web runtime testing
      • Specing out functional automation requirements for desktop web apps
      • Supporting web compatibility testing for desktop and mobile

Mobile (Tony)

  • Highlights
    • Mobile team offsite this week in toronto
      • Fennec Aurora 4/27, Beta 5/8 , beta Testday 5/11
      • 15 beta blockers remain, 62 release blockers to follow, Help with nightly dogfooding!
    • b2g workweek 2nd week of may, targeting M3 deployment
      • working on tagging builds
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • Stability report can be seen in the platform meeting
      • 19th spiked due to bug 746548, which is fixed thanks to bnicholson (25 % of the crashes are due to this crash)
      • Socorro work can be seen in the Mobile dev meeting
    • Android:
      • Bouncing off zero beta blockers
      • Only ~7 release blockers remaining
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • Focus during last week for jammink was Mozcamp LATAM 2012:
      • Lots of new potential community, including 3 who got phones.
      • More than Functionality discussed in my chalk talk; we have at least 3 potential candidates (one already submitting bugs) and we might get a reliability engineer. I understand mdas is making some performance tests with marionette we might be able to leverage on device.
      • we have a strong candidate for Brazilian localizer: Beria Lima - who works for Wikipedia Brazil
      • also three strong testers/evangelists: Santiago Hollman, Hernan Rodriguez Colmiero, Leonardo Balter. Santiago is already testing for us, so progress is being made.
    • jammink planning to write a few new MDN articles
      • Common Trips and Ticks (when building and flashing B2G)
      • Common Tips and Tricks
      • How to restore Android image (from to a device.
    • Geo attended automation work week last Wed, was able to touch base w/ jgriffin and mdas to hit ground running for B2G work week.

Services (jbonacci)

  • Community
    • Wrapped up a Semester's work with Zak Valteau from Fort Lewis College
  • Hiring
    • Services QA team recruiting continues
    • Working the Marlena and Christian on a blog post
  • Automation
  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Functional and Load test of QA, Dev, and Stage environments is complete
    • Prod build-outs for AITC and TokenServer are in progress
    • Upcoming work for Sync 1.1, Sync 2.0, AITC/TokenServer, various other Sagrada projects during Q2
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Finishing up Train 25: Bug 744689 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.04.11 to production
    • Noting that there are five Hot Fixes to Stage as of 4/24/2012.
    • Noting here also that there are numerous Q2 projects coming from the BID team, including,, IdP proxy support, metrics/UI/visualization support, KeyWrapping, etc.

Web (Stephen)

  • Automation
  • Community
    • Finally met Glenn Howard (@ Selenium Conf in London), who has been contributing to our automated Wiki tests
    • Selenium Conference was pretty useful and enlightening, and we've discovered a couple tools (ZAP among them) that we're investigating
      • Once videos from the conference are posted, we'll send mail and link to a blog post on it
    • Dave Hunt is also in talks with a couple Facebook engineers about their Selenium Grid setup; we'd like to work together to figure out on-demand virtual-machine provisioning
  • Affiliates
    • No releases planned until after WebDev workweek
  • AMO/Marketplace
    • Marketplace Mozillians release planned for tomorrow
    • New builds available for paypal tests
    • Initial pull request for Marketplace test
    • Audit of existing selenium tests for AMO underway
  • Engagement Projects
    • Betafarm released
    • AirMozilla released
    • pushed Firefox 12 bugs
  • Mozillians
  • MDN
    • no push this week
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • Continuous deployment still going along smoothly...

Community (Marcia)

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)



  • Mozmill 2.0: Working on making tests 2.0 compatible, transfer automation scripts to mozbase, and Mozmill code itself
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Automation/REST API and connector are well under way. Using the "Tastypie" package. Likely 2 or 3 more days work.
  • Security review wasn't progressing, so I asked for help from Clint to light a fire. Adam has finally responded that he'll comment later today. But I haven't heard back yet.
  • Carl Meyer joining the A-Team! W00t!
  • Been working with elopio from Ubuntu on writing tests. Got lots of great comments and suggestions. Lots of positive feedback, too!
  • Rebecca writing some selenium tests

Kilimanjaro Discussion

Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • QA Work Week (marcia)
    • Is it needed if QA is attending parts of other work weeks?
  • Plan ahead
  • Reminder to use the instead of the deprecated waverly mailing list.

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Action Items and Notes
    • AI: Have a section in each group for community [marcia]
    • Have a decision by end of week re user stories
    • Opportunities for improvement [bob]
      • We could have had VMs set up to test the decommissioning of Operating Systems before instead of scrambling to get licenses, etc.
      • 3D machinery should have been available
    • AI: Improve graphics hardware onsite in Mt. View [geo to talk to juan regarding this]

Last Meeting

  • Action Items