From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes May 25, 2011

New Hires

Upcoming Test Events

  • Friday, May 27th: Regression-window Bugday (abillings)

Project Status

  • Overview (2 min brief update)

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

Maintenance and Security (Al)

  • Firefox 3.6.18
    • Work is continuing and checkins are occurring more quickly.
    • Still set to release on June 21 with Firefox 5.
  • Firefox 3.5.x
    • There are no more 3.5.x releases. Three cheers. We've done an advertised major update to Firefox 4.0.1 for these users.
  • Firefox 4.0.2
    • There are currently no plans for 4.0.2 unless there is a chemspill. Firefox 5 is the next release for 4.0.1 users.

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Issues
  • Fennec (aakash)
    • Expecting builds for MobiFx 5.0 Beta 3 that incorporate backouts
    • Features are landing for 6.0 and QA is beginning testing their features there
    • Nightly is on 7.0a1 now
  • Sync (Tracy)
    • Client train was moved up one day this week (pushed to m-c on Monday) to make sure changes made it for the Aurora merge.
    • Sync hardware outage caused .5% of total users to be affected. Tracked in bug 659399
    • Sync discovery bug 618913 merged to m-c to aurora. However, the main function of linking to information from "Learn More" is broken. That bug 659335 should be fixed shortly.
    • Instant Sync feature, targeted for Fx7, will proceed once devs complete work on DeathToUnknownError
    • Server push for next Monday will be done on Tuesday instead because of the US holiday.
  • Load Testing (Owen)
  • Test pilot (tracy)
    • 1.2 is getting closer with pre6 build, but some minor fixes are still needed.
  • Identity (tracy)
    • Still on security hold.
  • Jetpack(tchung)
    • Handed FlightDeck off to webdevQA
    • No ownership atm for jetpack sdk
  • Firefox Home (nhirata)

WebQA (Stephen)


  • AMO 6.0.10 went live on 05/19. This release included support for Bulk compatibility check which is a huge deal for the new Firefox release model.
  • AMo 6.0.11 is scheduled for 05/25.

Engagement Projects


  • 2.6 milestone shipping next week 5/31


  • 0.9.5 milestone shipping 6/7


  • Working on 2.0 milestone which might ship next week



WebQA Automation

  • Test Day yesterday. Post Mortem on David's blog
  • Waverly helping out with Test day and looking at AMO





  • Matt/David to work through test-template updates for failing tests


Community (Marcia)

  • Upcoming Testdays/BugDays/Meetups
  • Video Work
    • Reviewing some footage from Whistler Summit (Marco Zehe Accessibility)
    • Reviewing the "Making Mozilla Better" video with intent of updating the content to match changes in the product.
  • (Al):
    • Work in in progress for QMO Site refresh for theme.
    • Meeting with Ryan Snyder on progress and timeline on Thursday.
    • Meeting with Eric Meyer to go over second round of potential Achievement badges for QMO.

Test Automation (Henrik)


  • Mozmill Dashboard: Please check the feature list for the dashboard rewrite and add proposals or ask questions
  • Tests / Shared Modules: Henrik is working on getting any issue of the Add-ons API solved as quick as possible - we don't want to block Softvision
  • Shadow Server: Still waiting for the SSL certificates to improve our security tests


  • Mozmill 1.5.4 process is slower but we will get interim beta releases with any important bug fixes which block us from writing tests for the Discovery Pane
  • Mozmill 2 is getting closer; release can happen by end of this quarter

Project updates

API Refactoring (Geo)
  • Owen Coutts has joined project part-time, will be assisting in module refactoring and test porting to help us make our quarterly goal.
Mozmill Tests for the Discovery Pane of the Addons Manager (Anthony)
  • 4 / 10 tests on file are in development
Endurance Tests (Dave)
On Demand Updates (Geo)
  • Problem with daemons hanging overnight has been identified; combo of machine sleeping and inactive socket timeout. Fix is in progress.
  • Otherwise, was successfully used in the 5.0b2 release (yay!)


Discussion Items

  • Org Proposal - Matt
  • (tchung) How to handle bugzilla tracking of fixed and verified bugs in rapid release branch? (aurora, beta)
    • one idea, is to get BMO to add "verified" to status-firefox-N flag
    • We can track them with status-firefox5=fixed and other bugzilla magic: See example: where bugs have been marked as fixed in firefox 5. (juanb)
    • another, use whiteboards (eg. [verified-in-beta])

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Add notes here

Last Meeting

  • Introductions: Owen started this week. Geo is his mentor. Welcome!
  • Meetup Tonight: Selenium, 6:30pm, more greeters welcome.
  • Go-no-go criteria from QA
    • What will constitute this criteria? (geo) - Work in progress. Draft this week. (juanb)
  • Vacation: Matt, May 28- June 18th
    • Organizational changes in the teams to be articulated before then. (mevans)
  • Scrumpad: We depend on this information day-to-day, and it's becoming more important to others.
    • Leads responsible to update the highlights by Friday.
    • Any other pertinent information like other meetings' notes would be useful
  • Use of Pivotal for tracking purposes. Cameron presented a brief intro to the system he uses to keep track of his projects.
    • Check it out and see if it meets your needs. You are encouraged to use it, and we could make a decision to adopt it in a few weeks. (mevans)
  • Contributor inquiries responses: How do we go forward?
    • Any mail client solution to do automated responses is good for now. (juanb)
    • Figure out an interim solution to this. (juanb, mevans, et al interested)