From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Jul 06, 2011

Last Meeting

  • Action Items
    • update wikis by Jul 6

QA Org Items

  • Today's Note Taker: assigned
  • New Hires & Interviews
    • New Hires
      • David Clarke starts next Monday in QA Automation Services
    • Interviews
      • Discuss at meeting
  • Upcoming Events
    • QA Automation Services work week, July 25th
    • QA Mobile work week of July 18th
  • PTOs

Discussion Items

  • Gary's Email from Friday
  • Q3 Goals
  • wikis
  • QA Laptop Bags
    • If you chose either version of the Rickshaw bag, please weigh in re: Skinny vs. Standard so we can get the order going. Ogio folks are all set.
  • Has a date been set for QA Work Week?
  • SFO office assignments
  • Update your preferred "office hours" for 1:1 communication with Waverley team. Leads, pick at least one day.

QA Team Updates

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

  • Fx.Next
  • Crash Investigation
  • Maintenance and Security (Al)
    • Firefox 3.6.19
      • 3.6.19 is currently planned to simulship with Firefox 6 on August 16.
    • Firefox 4.0.2
      • There is no plan for a 4.0.2.
    • Firefox 5.0.1
      • There is currently a debate on whether to do a 5.0.1 chemspill to fix/disable downloadable fonts on OS X 10.7 because of the nasty crash there for bug 663688.

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Issues
    • Last QA staff meeting for Aakash! You're welcomed to pour a water bottle over him on the way out :)
    • Browser Technologies Workweek - Week of July 18th. Exploring offsite option at Lake Tahoe
  • Fennec (kbrosnan)
    • Leading 6
      • Builds should be out near EOD
      • Need to do a second run of beta 1 using the new and old build infra
    • AaronMT will lead 7
  • Sync (James)
    • Stage Testing is in progress for deployment.
      • Issues addressed:
      • Node checking
      • Patch for pymysql
      • Updated core for reg and sreg
  • Test pilot (tracy)
  • Identity (James)
    • Preliminary investigation/research for Q3 functional testing in in progress.
    • Several meetings have been set up with PM, Dev, and Ops.
  • Firefox Home (nhirata)

WebQA (Stephen)

Community (Marcia)

  • Upcoming Events
    • Drumbeat Festival in London
      • Marcia has proposed a "Contribute to Mozilla" event that will include the MozReps
    • A MozCamp has been announced but there is currently no date or location.
  • Upcoming Testdays and Meetups
  • Video Work
    • Probably will be deemphasized given other work. Currently there are no plans to replace the front page video on QMO.
  • (Al):
    • Owen proposed trying to improve the team sections so that there is an easy entry path for new contributors
    • Al is beginning work on QMO 4.5 spec.
    • QMO 4.0 is scheduled to go live tomorrow but it will be a soft rollout with achievements being added gradually.
    • Bugzilla Plugin is probably delayed two weeks due to contractor issues (I'll explain in person).

QA Automation Service (Henrik, David)

  • General
    • We had a very successful Mozmill testday last Friday
    • Following the product repositories we have merged default->mozilla-aurora and mozilla-aurora->mozilla-beta.
    • [Daily test-runs for Firefox 3.5 builds have been turned off
    • Mozmill Crowd 0.1.3 has been released
    • Fixing Addons Builder Selenium Tests to help WebQA
    • Selenium 2 Final Release is imminent.
  • Mozmill
    • Mozmill 1.5.4b5 has been released which fixes all of our issues

Project updates

API Refactoring
  • Final tweaks to windowing model overhaul in progress
  • Expect to be requesting help with test porting efforts within ~a month.
Functional Tests (ashughes)
  • Prioritizing work on Addons Manager
Endurance Tests
  • No updates
On Demand Updates
  • BFT launching functionality added to on-demand scripts
  • That part's still being piloted, expect to have it rolled out this week.
Case Conductor (cameron / rebecca)
  • We have a name!
  • Rebecca to work with User Research to get more (and more accurate) feedback from users
  • Matt B. will begin work soon on Automation connector object in Python
  • Work progressing.
  • .4 feature set scoped down a bit. To be complete on 7/15
  • Demo of prelim wireframes for Environment Management today at 3pm

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items

Today's Notes

Today's Takeaways

  • Update wikis! - Goal: done by next week
  • Pick a Waverly 1-on-1 time
  • Testdays, sign up to help
  • Make sure you vote for Bags
  • Q3 Goals; align with team/company objectives, don't be afraid to modify/add
  • if you want to work in SFO, talk to Matt Evans
  • Think Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger