From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Jul-11-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
    • item
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
    • item

Travel / PTO

  • ashughes off Monday, July 16th (see Juan for Firefox, Henrik for Automation)
  • tchung on PTO this week, back Monday 7/16

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • Firefox 15 merges to Beta next week, feature owners make sure you are ready
    • Apple has produced a Gold Master for Mt. Lion and we will do some additional testing of this seed in preparation for final ship.
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • Driving through security fixes in anticipation of next week's release, message ashughes in #qa if you want to help
  • Stability (marcia)
    • Desktop Stability Report
    • Making progress on trying to isolate the many flash crashes that are part of the overall top crash.
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • Working on a strategy to automate chemspill regression tests and enable feature owners to develop tests
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • client train with pref'd off aitc code and a fix for Push Tbas rolled out.
  • App WebRT (Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • More QA testing support for desktop web runtime - on track for FF 16
      • AITC Desktop - QA support here, at risk for FF 16
      • Android WebRT - Initial test pass and bugs are triaged - at risk for FF 16
      • Layout compatibility - webkit prefixes strategy determined
    • What's next?
      • QA testing support for Desktop/Android WebRT and AITC desktop as needed
      • Support layout compatibility analysis for webkit prefixes as needed
      • Launch organization of live test day for mobile web compatibility
  • Community
    • Twice-weekly triage meetings, Tuesdays @ 9am and Fridays @ 1pm, open to everyone

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
    • still trying to reproduce bug 769476 - bookmarks reordered on desktop after syncing with android
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Beta (Test Plan), pushed to Google Play
    • Focusing on Aurora this week for soon to be 15.0 Beta's
    • QA Feature Tracking 15/16 (spreadsheet)
    • ARMv6 Nightly builds now available; compatibility tracking (Eric)
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • releasing beta 12 today, 14.0.1 to be released soon
      • stability report can be seen in the platform and mobile meetings
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • Testblocked by busted wifi on the recent build: - overnight shipped mrbkap a phone for investigation
    • Revamping Gaia test plan under and continuing to add new test areas
    • created a permanent PSTN number for testing busy calls
    • WebAPI testing: Martijn taking Vibration, David Clarke taking Device Storage, Geo taking Alarm and WebActivities.
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • july 24th launch date
    • pancake v2 planning already under way.
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jbonacci)

  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm): Sync Server
    • Working with Pete F. this week to hand off Sync 1.1 and TokenServer load testing duties
    • Working with Ryan and Rob on Sync 1.1, Sync 1.1+MetLog
    • QA testing continues on Sync 2.0
    • Working on a PHAT stack of Resolved/Fixed bugs for Sync 1.1, Sync 2.0, AITC 1.2, TokenServer 1.1
    • QA test planning for HSM/Signing Service
    • QA test planning/coordination for SCL3 this quarter
    • Various other projects to support QA team, OPs, Dev
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm): BrowserID
    • Train 30 - 2012.06.22 push to Production is in progress...
    • Train 31 - Bug 771759 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.07.06 to production
      • Blocker in Stage will require a HotFix today
      • More generally, this train is now four days behind due to issues pushing Train 30 to Production.
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • Nothing new this week
  • Hiring and Training
    • Nothing new this week

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • - push to occur today for resolve bug 772882
    • Bug 772284 Facebook app scheduled for QA on 2012-08-17
  • AMO
  • BrowserID
    • no release
  • Mozillians
    • no releases scheduled
    • 2012-07-12 team meeting to discuss webdev's ability to provide resources for the project
  • MDN
    • shipping Kuma soft launch bugs today
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • Continuous Deployment; smooth sailing
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • Lost scrollback for his username, but we've picked up a Java + Web development college student

Community (Marcia)

  • Upcoming Events
    • Grace Hopper Open Source Day project proposal submitted
      • Stormy advises that we have to partner with one of the smaller projects
    • MozEU Camp paid staff nominations should be going out very soon according to Katherine.
      • We should align our sessions with the community that are getting selected to go, and we should definitely give as much input as possible in the selection process. MozCamp events are expensive to put on and we should take advantage of any opportunities we can to work more closely with community.
    • Work is continuing to progress on the Italy Workshop scheduled for October.
  • Testdays (ashughes)
    • Firefox QA Wanted Testday
    • Please sign up to moderate an hour time slot
    • Lots of open availabilities for testdays, please contact ashughes to book a date
  • Video Work
    • MozCamp LATAM video is done - See for draft. IMPORTANT: Until Legal approves showing minors in the Video we cannot distribute or post this video anywhere. marcia shot all of this footage during the MozCamp event in LATAM and it was edited by Spencer Hui.
  • (Raymond):
    • no update
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • bug 770821 Flash 11.3 protected mode breaks a lot of our Mozmill tests due to hanging Firefox instances
  • Henrik reached out to Anthony to get the first round of new testcases to automate
    • We probably want to focus on MozTrap smoketests for now to test the Rest API for sending results
    • But we are very interested on new tests in general especially for BaseCamp or K9o features
    • 'If you have tests which need automation - please talk to us!'
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • 1.1.X on Staging
  • rbillings is currently doing a test run on it
  • hope to move 1.1 to production in a week or so
Community Members Onboarding
  • Lloyd T. (UK) for Mozmill tests

Basecamp Roundtable/Discussion Items

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Q3 Goals
    • Organization Level Goals - What are they?
    • Team-Level Goals - What has everyone thought about so far?
  • What's happening with rapid betas?
  • Marionette Training today at 3pm - PB & J vidyo room (B2G)

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Goals - Support what the company is trying to accomplish
    • Any goal that you want to set that requires cooperation of another group

you will absolutely need their consent that they will put on their goals - you may not put on your goals.

  • Keep your goals manageable and focused on the right things.

Last Meeting

  • Action Items