From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Wed September 4, 2013

# Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
# Vidyo:
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

   QA Show and Tell
   This week: Juan - Firefox Metro
   Next week: Edwin Wong - How to get rich quick or TBD! 
   New Hires & Interviews 

   Upcoming Events/Conferences 
   Firefox OS - Oslo Work Week - Sept 9-13 -


Travel / PTO

   [rbillings] PTO Sept 2-13 
   [tony] - PTO sept 5- 10 
   [tony] - in Taiwan, Sept 23-27
   [nhirata, jhammink, jsmith, zac] - Sep 7 to 14 Oslo work week
   [krupa] - working from India Sep 5-17th
   [mwobensmith] PTO 9/19-9/20
   [dclarke] PTO 9/25-10/2
   [aaron] - PTO Sept 5
   [kbrosnan] - PDX 9 -13th, Toronto 16 - 20th
   [nhirata] PTO .. Sept 20th?
   [camd] - Paternity leave watch.  She could pop at any minute!  :)

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

    24, 25, 26 in route to shipping in two weeks
   Metro up in the air for shipping as a preview in 26. More likely 27.

   ESR (mwobensmith) 
    Ongoing bug verification

   Stability (marcia/twalker) 

   Automation (ashughes)

   Security (mwobensmith)
   IPv6 SSL exception handling - bug #633001


Mobile (Tony)

   Firefox for Android (Kevin/Aaron) 
   Redesigning/updating the Robocop API
   evaluating bug 860599 - new way to interface with libstagefright/h264 decoder
   may get uplifted all the way to 23 release
   WebRTC testing
   beta 8 has been delayed due to outstanding bugs
   bug 896350 - download notifications don't open the file when selected
   going to punt on it
   bug 848764 comment 20 - crashes on some devices due to on demand decompression
   Backed feature out of beta
   bug 860599 - noted above
   Stability (kbrosnan) 
   Efforts to help out with reproducing 24+ WebRTC crash bug 902431 on Nexus devices
   B2G (Geo/jhammink) 
   Device allocation: 
   Buri = 1.2 primary testing
   Helix = WVGA feature testing (we have 2)
   ZTE v970 = CDMA testing (Taiwan owned)
   Nexus 4 = JB features like NFC, BT  (we have 10, TW has some)
   Flatfish Tablet = no word yet
   Unagi = being discontinued for 1.2 and on
    Stability (nhirata)
   see b2g-meeting-notes
   concern about leo stability check for release, I will recheck with their build
   [nhirata] helix gaia releng build seeing some issues which aren't seen on self build; investigating
   [nhirata] nexus-4 self-build successful; only using for JB features
   [nhirata] gave presentations to Qanalydocs
   exploratory testing and logcat
   [nhirata] Browser : 
   templates for search engines are needed; 1.1/1.0.1 had google search hard coded.
   customization is going to be ugly without this...
   scrolling/urlbar appear/disappear at risk for landing in koi
   [nhirata] CDMA Testing only in Taipei
   [nhirata] investigating BT testing in US to help Taipei team
   [tchung] productivity: notification bugs are resolved but not yet landed.  ETA friday.  testcases to be completed before then
   [jsmith] Media Recording & Web Notification API testing in progress
   [jsmith&jhammink] Prepping Oslo WW Presentation for QA & Ateam
   [jsmith] Problems with phone failing to boot up patches - 3 backouts last week from this
   [jsmith] Still blocked on 1.2 OTA/FOTA update testing
   [jsmith] Critical 1.2 Graphics Issues are making progress
   [jsmith] Concern over device info in UA might cause significant risk to 1.1 release - gathering data to confirm
   [jammink] doing comprehensive testcase cleanup to prepare for across-the-board-testrun during Oslo WW next week.  Please help!  sign up here: --> Mozilla QA Breakdown page
   [jammink] reviewing comms, system front-end, productivity test cases
   [marcia] Smoketests
   Continue to perform smoketests on Leo 1.1 and Buri 1.2
   No more sanity checks on unagi 1.1
   Martijn's b2g.json/mochitest work:
   bug  907995  - b2g.json cleanup and  reorder, part 2, removes the xbl/xul test files from the exclude list,  checked in
   Bug 909012 - Add 'remove' option to pushPermissions, checked in
   Bug 908439 - rewriting some tests to pushPrefEnv/pushPermissions to get them working i*n b2g, checked in
   bug 909043, bug 909036, bug 908912 all checked in
   bug 909452, geolocation_common.js needs rewrite to pushPrefEnv, checked in
   bug 766687 - specialpowers pushprefenv fails while trying to get the originalvalue if the pref doesn't exist,  checked in
   [dclarke] has Device Storage compatibility test suite under review; also working on dynamic signing certificate loading for app testing and camera mochitests.
   [dclarke] re-running the camera mochitests that wrote in q2 and get them checked in. (camera was unstable previously)
   [dclarke] apps signing mochitests now have a specialpowers api for adding / removing certificates (needs a bit more review before checkin ) 
   geo was in Perf work week last week, is currently refactoring compatibility test app to get rid of closure/handler leaks and global namespace pollution, alarms tests up next
   Community Members Onboarding

Services (Edwin)

   browserid train-2013.08.28 in testing
   Mozilla IdP to be re-deployed tomorrow at 2pm (more security fixes)
   "new" Sync
    M1 testing of the Firefox Accounts (FxA for the IdP/Auth), the  Firefox Account Bridge (FAB), and the Scrypt-Helper are all in progress  right now. This includes functional testing of installs from github and testing our first ELM nightly build...
    Test Plan:
    M1/V1 Meta bugs and dependency trees are now available in Bugzilla for the entire project: 
    Mobile (Android) Tree/Meta:
    Desktop Tree/Meta:
    Server-side Tree/Meta:
    FF Accounts Meta bug:
    Sync Meta bug: 
    Across client/server Tree/Meta:
    User Stories Tree/Meta:
   Ongoing testing of SimplePush using Loads
   Loads/Loads.js work is coming along nicely for all of "new" Sync's load test needs...
   Campaign Manager working its way up to full scale testing (1M simultaneous connections)

Web (Stephen)

    Redesign potentially coming in Q4 2013/Q1 2014

   B2G/Gaia testing:
   Now have two (2) Hamachi devices
   10 more requested for our automation infrastructure
   Engineering build requested:
   Caught a clock failure, worked with devs:
   Caught the Activities bug quickly in yesterday's build bug 912065
   Caught the Email test failures but did not have time to file it before Manual team. Wish we could review things faster and make the Automation assist the Manual team.
   Coverage restored for Youtube/HTML5 test thanks to our contributor Sasha
   More coverage restored as crashes have been resolved: Bugs 902927, 902878, 900012
   Really want Plivo account, it will device coverage that nobody else can automate
   Preparing presentation on Gaia-ui-tests for Oslo work week

    No updates

   Engagement Projects 
   FirefoxFlicks - code complete by Sept. 6 for results/winner announcements on the 12th.

   Firefox Health Report
   No updates
   Firefox Marketplace 
    Weekly release went live 09/03 
    shipped weekly release this week

   Mozillians-dev Elasticsearch indexing often fails on dev -
   Burning down the new feature list that is slated to land in time for Summit 2013
   Currently bugs that need to be verified -

    we'll soon be switching on automation for a pending, already-staged, redesign of MDN

   Weekly meeting notes -
    Milestone 57 shipped last week - collectors went down for 20 minutes
   Milestone 58 scheduled to ship tomorrow
   currently blocked by returns a 500 error: BadStatusCodeError -
   Bugs slated for release -

   continuing to work with the Dev team on their Persona support/implementation, both through manual testing + automation

   Community Members Onboarding
    Nice write up from Rebecca on Ana Hristova!

Community (Marcia)

    [Open Badges] If you haven't yet voted for your favorite General QA Participation Badge, do it today!
   Community contributed designs are showcased at
   126 votes so far. Voting will close on Sunday September 15 at 5 PM PST.

    Grow Mozilla Meeting - Tomorrow at 10 AM Pacific
   Upcoming Events 
   Mozilla Summit - Brussels/Toronto/Santa Clara - October 4 -7
   Everyone should be registered and have booked their travel
   Volunteers needed on Thursday to help at all three Sites - if you are local or coming in early to any of the sites, please let Marcia know has other volunteer opportunities can I ask would someone attend from the B2G and the mobile team as would look better for our live event ask satdav for details or see michelle Luna if in sf office or roland in vancouver 

   Testdays (ashughes)
   Firefox Gaming Testday this Friday: 

   Video Work
   No update this week (Raymond)
   working with Craig on login security bug

   Community Members Onboarding

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave, Rob)

   Automation Development report – week 35 2013:
   How to Run the Gaia-UI Endurance Tests
   Mozdownload 1.9:
   mozmill-automation packages for mozmill 1.5.22 and 2.0rc5 on pypi for testing:

   [henrik] mozmill-ci
   Ubuntu 12.10 VMs have been replaced with Ubuntu 13.04
   Windows 8.1 nodes are online and in use by production
   Jenkins has been upgraded to latest LTS on production (Java related memory issues seem to be gone!)
   Added first batch of 10 locales for testing beta and release candidate builds
   [dave] Gaia
   Created a command line interface tool for Gaia:
   Gaia-UI Endurance tests are now located in the main Mozilla /gaia repository
   Endurance test results can be found in Datazilla:
   Any questions feel free to contact rwood

   MozTrap (Cameron)

   Community Members Onboarding 

Roundtable/Discussion Items

   can we possible start doing this weekly on air mozilla to contributors and staff only we have started the qa desktop and it was a good sucess last week i am sure part from the glitch - satdav
   [aaron]Confidential data not for public broadcasting is all to frequent; this would be too problematic I think 
   [geo] Does it have to be that way? Could split the meeting. This is technically supposed to be public-accessible, and it would be nice to be able to invite/include the community.
   [marcia] I thought the air mozilla broadcasts were only set up in 10 Forward?
   [juanb] Etherpad connection problems: who we gonna call?
   [marcia] For information, results of QA lab move meeting:
   There may be extra Mac minis and a Mac pro available for the taking
   If you are planning to put machines in the QA Lab we will need to know
   [marcia] You might want to check your Mozilla PB entry as my phone numbers changed on their own (both numbers defaulted to my B2G number)

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items

   Action Items
    Geo -- figure out how to record/broadcast meeting. Air Mozilla?
   Last Meeting 

   Action Items