From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Oct-03-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • 2 candidates in the pipeline for Bugmaster
    • 2 Web QA candidates in the pipeline
    • Introduction of Matt the security guy
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
    • item
  • Notices: Please check the holiday release schedule in the blog post by Alex Keybl.

Travel / PTO

  • rbillings Friday 10/5 half-day
  • krupa is on vacation from 10/17-11/07
  • jammink on vacay from 11/16 -11/26
  • ashughes is working from SF October 9-11, travelling October 8 and 12
  • dclarke PTO 10/5 & 10/8 vacation
  • Monday October 8 is a public holiday in Canada
  • jrgm at Identity workweek Oct1-Oct5

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • Fx16b6
      • Went out today.
      • Final shipping next week (coincides with patch Tuesday - it will go throttled)
    • Firefox 17 goes to Beta next week (reminder: this is the first version that won't work on OSX 10.5)
    • Firefox 19 goes to Nightly next week
    • NOTE: If you dogfood on Mac, please try running Firefox in 32-bit mode for the next week (report any issues to Juan and I)
      • Right click > Get Info > Check "Open in 32-bit mode"
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • 10.0.8esr releases on Tuesday
    • We will have two ESR branches to maintain (10esr and 17esr) for 2 release cycles starting next week
  • Stability (marcia)
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • mozmill-tests branches merge on Monday, please land any last minute patches by Monday morning Pacific
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • Reset Sync Addons wiped bug fixed
    • Reset password server bug fixed
    • No client train this week.
  • Community
    • item

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • please see stability reports for channel, platform, and mobile meetings
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • (jammink) new updated smoketest up and running (in both teams)
    • (jammink) taking over bluetooth, wifi hotspot testing and specifying
    • (nhirata) - email still blocked, there needs some more implementation.
    • (nhirata) - most of the use case test counts have been done, need to fill in more test cases to fill in for use cases; more use cases to come from PMs.
    • (jammink) working on Settings count still; about halfway through; some missing test areas
    • (jammink) working out system test UCs from WebAPI spec
    • (jammink) still need to import comms (SMS, Contacts) from TEF
    • Birt reports, leaning on ops to close out bug 786813 - Need Read only access to MozTrap production DB
    • Moztrap features - the A-Team has begun implementing a prioritized list of features \o/ (see the pivotal project and filter on "b2g")
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • need ui for front end to link to crash reports
      • need symbols for back end to understand what the crashes are
    • API sanity suite being built out here. Continuing to get running reliably under B2G mochitest, and finishing out areas this week.
    • Recent code changes (e.g., limiting who can load "app" resources) to firm up security model have also made API permissions test setup tricky. Meeting w/ dchan and ptheriault today re: perms testing approach.
    • Dclarke has started etherpad collecting techniques for API testing (and testing around) b2g permissions model:
  • Apps (Jason)
    • 3rd party app updates and new install API has landed - ready for testing
    • App permissions in the manifest has landed - ready for testing
    • Ramping up on the payments story
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • Apparantly pancake is wrapping up soon? sfoster wanting to join in on b2g dev. Might have to take a sneak peak.
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jrgm)

  • Sync Server (jrgm): Sync Server
    • No update
  • BrowserID (jrgm): BrowserID
    • browserid beta released last week; well received in press and hackernews coverage.
  • Hiring and Training
    • At Identity workweek offsite this week

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • Coming soon - bug 760631 - Allow affiliates to link back to a personal website - display website on leaderboard
  • B2G/Gaia testing:
    • Only one remaining thing from the A-team to land, before we can start writing, and it's awaiting the right process for inclusion into the Gaia repo
  • Bouncer
    • Will be meeting with Web Tools to determine a test strategy for crucial Bouncer changes (to help support Stub Installer deployment)
  • Engagement Projects
    • No update this week
  • Firefox Marketplace
    • working on next release
  • Mozillians
    • The team is doing an outstanding job of fixing and refactoring our automation suite.
    • In discussions to move the project to continuous deployment.
  • MDN
  • Socorro
    • Milestone 21 scheduled to ship today -- features/bugs
    • django based Socorro is queued for sec review
  • SUMO
    • Continuous Deployment; smooth sailing
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • no new updates this week

Community (Marcia)

  • Projects
    • launched, but was taken down after a day
      • We have budget for QA for each team for Q4, but we can collectively pool budget if needed as well
    • Postcard designs done. Working with vendor to get them printed. We should use them liberally at events.
  • Upcoming Events
    • Italy event in Turin is going forward October 20-21.
      • More than 40 people registered for the event
    • Mozilla Festival - London, November 9th-11th (ioana.chiorean)
      • Mobile in browser games
      • ARMv6 support promoted
      • WebApss
  • Testdays (ashughes)
  • Video Work
  • (Raymond):
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • TBD


  • TBD
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • October is MozTrapToberfest. Spending the month implementing fixes and features for MozTrap.
  • We have a list of prioritized tasks from the B2G team in pivotal tracker
  • [camd] is feverishly attacking the performance issue. It's a complex and nuanced one, but I've got people to ask for help and I've got a plan of attack that I'm implementing.
  • stephend has offered help in writing automation to test it.
  • stephend has also helped me find in-house folks who can help troubleshooting issues.
Community Members Onboarding
  • item

Basecamp Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • [jsmith] r2d2b2g - needs QA support & community strategy

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Q4 Goal Check in -
  • Participating in MozCamp Asia
    • Who from QA has applied to go?
    • What do we hope to achieve by partipating in MozCamps?
  • Participation in the Mozilla Festival (related to the Task Project/Community) [marcia]
  • Reminder of the new READY status (bug 264721) will might be introduced to Bugzilla tomorrow [Aaron]
    • A status declaration that passes responsibility for the bug from QA/triage to those responsible for implementing a fix
  • next weeks meeting agenda on etherpad
  • and are the same list, now [stephend]
    • both were added to (two-way, to receiving and sending from/to both should work)
      • having problems with duplicate postings, and moderation requests, working on it with IT

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Add notes here

Last Meeting

  • Action Items