Mentors, together with the Council members, are the backbone of the Mozilla Reps program. They make sure things run smoothly, they ensure that Reps are supported and have what they need to be impactful in their region. This are the intial steps of mentorship with Mozilla Reps. You can find the complete mentoring process here.
How to become a mentor
Currently new mentors are selected by Council on regular basis when needed. Mentor proposals are sent by current mentors to Council for consideration.
Next steps when becoming a mentor
Once a Mozilla Rep has accepted to become a mentor, (s)he must follow these next steps to be ready to start mentoring:
- Complete Mentor Training.
- Carefully read through the relevant mentor SOPs:
- "Mentoring" SOP : https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Mentoring
- "Swag Review" SOP: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Swag_Requests
- "Budget Review" SOP: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Budget
- Be subscribed to reps-mentors mailing list.
List of current mentors
Here, you can find the current list of mentors here