The Swag request form is an essential tool of the Mozilla Reps program. Never under-estimate the power of swag :) It is used extensively by Mozilla Reps that organize and/or participate in conferences. Mentors and Council members are given Swag Requests Handling rights (Bugzilla rights and swag system account) based on load of requests, by the council.
Mozilla Rep has submitted a swag request (swag request form) and Pierros/William assign the bug to an owner
Whiteboard: Reviewer Assigned
Owner assesses the bug to see if it makes sense to ship swag requested (ie. consults with council, checks stock inventory etc...)
Whiteboard: Reviewing Order
Questions to ask yourself when reviewing a swag order
- How does the Event page look? (i.e. good description, Mozilla specific activities, promising means of documentation, promotions etc.)
- What type of event is it? (e.g. consumer event vs. tech event)
- What type of attendees are expected? (e.g. young attendees vs. old attendees; technical vs. non-technical)
- What is out existing stock of swag (e.g. are we running out of a particular item?)
- Are shipment costs going to be sky-high? (e.g. sending 10 lanyards to Kazakhstan costs more than sending 100 t-shirts to Germany)
- What type of swag would be better suited for this region? (e.g. some regions despise or love specific swag, like pens in Africa or lanyards in Germany <3)
- How often has this Reps requested swag in the past? (e.g. people constantly asking for the same swag in a region - Reps are encouraged to use their swag "wisely" and save some for future events)
- Has this rep been filing his Monthly Reports regularly?
Examples of typical quantities you should distribute
Event type: FOSS conference Audience type: FOSS advocates, developers, geeks Expected attendance: 100 Will there be a Mozilla booth?: Yes # bracelets: 50 (most people love bracelets but end up never wearing them so give to people who wear them :) # stickers: 200 (stickers are always super popular - usually order as many as you have participants) # lanyards: 25 (lanyards are super popular but expensive - use them wisely) # buttons: 50 (buttons are heavy and expensive - use them wisely) # pens: 50 (in some countries, pens are SUPER popular :) # tshirts: 5 (get different sizes + should be given for free as a prize or award - do not distribute randomly) # horizontal banner: 1 (if Rep doesn't already have one) # pop-up banner: 1 (if Rep doesn't already have one) # tablecloth: 1 (if Rep doesn't already have one)
If the request is approved, the owner makes the order via the internal swag store and specifies the swag store order ID in the bug.
If the request is rejected, the owner informs Mozilla Rep that his/her request has been rejected
Whiteboard: Order Processed or Request Rejected
Tracking Number is obtained through shipping vendor and bug updated to include UPS tracking number
Whiteboard: Order Shipped
The Rep receives and informs you on the bug or the package is lost in translation :P
Whiteboard: Order Delivered or Lost in Space