Releases/Firefox 4b9/Test Plan
Firefox 4 Beta 9 Testplan
Coordinating QA: juanb in irc.mozilla.org, email@example.com. If not around, contact: mevans, firstname.lastname@example.org; tchung, email@example.com. Or ping someone in #qa
Description of Release
This is the latest beta version of Firefox 4. There are a number of fixes across many areas of the browser. We are tentatively including compartment GC - bug 605662 through a TM merge.
Plan For Beta 9
We will run smoketests and BFTs using Mozmill, as well as manual smoketests. We'll run FFTs on several focus areas as we approach code freeze and candidate builds. We will pay close attention to crash stats and other feedback mechanisms if compartment GC sticks.
We will run through Litmus smoketests, BFTs, and updates checks. We'll focus on regression testing, since there are so many features that had at lest some minor fixes.
- Code Freeze: Jan 7
- Builds Start: Jan 10
- QA: Jan 10-14 (estimate)
- Smoketests and BFTs using Mozmill: (1 person)
- Manual smoketests, BFT areas, and Other OS Spot Checks: Jan 10-14 (3 people)
- Testday: Jan 14 - Sync (3 people monitoring)
- Accessibility: Before Jan 14 (1 person)
- Top Sites Functionality and Page Load Testing: Before Jan 14 (1 people)
- Updates checks: Before Jan 14 (1 person)
- Manual spot checks as necessary
Builds for all beta 9 candidates can be found here:
Build 1 (Current)
- Smoketests and BFTs: Completed
- Feature Area Tests: Completed
- Updates Checks - ashughes: betatest - completed
- l10n Spot Checks: Completed
- Accessibility - marco: ongoing
- Top Sites Testing - Tomcat: in progress
- Top Add-ons - marcia: Completed
- Testday - Sync: Scheduled - Jan 14
- Bugs Filed: crashers, blocking bugs, others
- Whiteboard entry [4b9]
- Bugs Filed During Testday: crashers, blocking bugs, others
- Whiteboard entry on testday: [Jan-14-Testday]
- Sync, Panorama (in combination with Private Browsing), Places (History and Bookmarks), Tabbed Browsing, App Tabs, Session Store, Web Console, WebGL, Plugins, Tabs on Top (in Win7), Doorhanger Notificaions, Layers, L10n spotchecks, Identity (SSL vs non-SSL), ...
- See pushlog since last beta for a rough list of changes.