For client users (Puppeteer, Playwright, etc.)
We welcome early feedback during the beta stage of development. If you would like to try this out with your favorite browser automation library, you should download Firefox Nightly. Feel free to ask questions and file bugs - see Communication , below.
- Can I use Puppeteer with Firefox?
- puppeteer and puppeteer-core are able to launch Firefox Nightly as of v2.1.0. This is part of a gradual transition away from puppeteer-firefox. Check the IsFirefoxPuppeteerReady dashboard to see the overall status, and our Milestone overview for the current status.
- What is the difference between puppeteer and puppeteer-firefox?
- puppeteer-firefox is an experimental package from Google. It communicates solely with an outdated Firefox fork and is no longer maintained. It is not compatible with official Firefox releases.
- Can I use Playwright with Firefox?
- Playwright communicates with a different Firefox fork, similarly to puppeteer-firefox. The Firefox binary downloaded when installing Playwright is maintained by the Microsoft Playwright team, not Mozilla. In the future, Playwright should be able to interact with official Firefox binaries along the same lines as Puppeteer.
See Remote/Meetings for the list of past and upcoming meetings as well as joining instructions.
Our team is composed of these fine individuals:
|Harald Kirschner||digitarald||California||PST/PDT||Product Manager|
|Marco Mucci||mmucci||Toronto||EST/EDT||Eng Project Manager|