Personal tools

SeaMonkey/StatusMeetings/2010-01-26

From MozillaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details

Contents

Agenda

  • Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.

NEW

OPEN

  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: "We don't have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time." - We can only wait right now.
    • KaiRo found out that the contact at Google changed. Also, discussing a possible open Geolocation service.

CLOSED

SeaMonkey 2.0 Feedback

Only unresolved items are tracked here - and we should find a way to deal with it for every item talked about in this section!

SeaMonkey 2.0.3

open blockers (3) blocker requests (2) fixed (69)

  • Planned release for 16 February, based on Gecko 1.9.1.8.
  • Of the two blockers assigned to mcsmurf, one is waiting for review and the other should finally see some progress again as the try server did not like the previous few patches (try server problem).

Feature List, Planning

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 43 new, 15 fixed, 11 triaged.

  • What's up there?

Major wanted/needed features:

2.0.x

  • bug 423281 Help updates.
    • Need to get things moving again and to contact those contributors who were working on this in the run up to SeaMonkey 2.0 to see if they are willing to continue.
  • bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn't pay a price for having venkman installed [Mnyromyr].
    • Needs at least a core patch landing for 1.9.1.8 bug 364864 nsICategoryManager::deleteCategoryEntry does not persist outside of component registration.
    • No news.
  • bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service. New patch needed [mcsmurf].
    • Working on a new patch.

2.1

  • bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie].
    • Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.
    • status/progress?
  • bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
    • SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
  • bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 498596 Places bookmarks.
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 480734 Satchel data editor ("Form Manager").
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 1.9.3) Composer.
    • kaze will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 is done.
    • bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
    • kaze has done a ton of work for KompoZer out of a comm-central tree and wants to discuss that at FOSDEM. He says he has a patch for getting a pre-alpha of a standalone composer from comm-central, and is circulating that one via email right now, as he doesn't have hg access yet, even though Callek has set up a repository for this work. He'll probably demo something on FOSDEM.
  • bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
    • A list of TODO icons is up in the bug
    • Still needs quite a bit of work.
    • bug 522023 is working on improving the browser globe in task icons, etc..
  • bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
    • unowned so far.
  • bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
    • Has review+, but needs new patch.

We also should take a look at the other items on wanted-seamonkey2.1+

  • KaiRo posted on his blog about SeaMonkey 2.1 Planning.
  • Gecko roadmap is still unclear, there are two proposals on Talk:Firefox/Roadmap now, and discussions in m.d.planning.
  • We should go for smaller releases to ease upgrade paths for users. If we need to push back one or the other feature to the next smaller release, so be it, but we should stay closer to the Geckos Firefox is shipping as current.
  • Should the next alpha be based on 1.9.2 or 1.9.3? 1.9.2 is more stable, but that means we can't include KompoZer work, as kaze probably needs core patches that can't be backported to the stable tree.

Roundtable

Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).

ajschult

Aqualon

asrail

biesi

Callek

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 537571 client.py should error out early if wrong python version.
  • bug 541657 Port |bug 540038 add warning if configure or config.status are out of date| to comm-central.

Working on:

  • bug 538528 Allow client.py network attempts to restart itself in case of failures.
    • HELPWANTED: gozer found some errors in the linux run of this patch, I need some help either in QA form or actual developer form to finish this. --Justin Wood (Callek)

IanN

  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
  • Fixed on comm-central:
    • bug 439134 "Customize toolbars" window a bit too small on linux - cuts off the "Restore defaults" button.
  • Fixed on 1.9.1.8/1.9.2.1 (already on 1.9.3):
    • bug 525373 Make customizable toolbars play nicely with children with disabled attributes (toolkit).
  • Working on patch following review:
    • bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars.
  • Working on:
    • bug 515967 Add icons to addressbook menulist in Search Addresses.
    • bug 519133 Newsgroup list in Message Filters Dialog has blank entry and extra separator.
    • bug 529647 Make Search and Go buttons widgets for Browser customizable toolbars - waiting for review but new patch needed.

InvisibleSmiley

  • Bugs Fixed:
    • bug 528413 sed used in non-portable way in configure-related -- breaks on Solaris 10.

KaiRo

  • Updated SeaMonkey buildbots to mirror Firefox setup even more closely (bug 539780).
  • With that, made L10n nightlies be triggered again (bug 537329).
  • Found a glitch in RelEng's WinCE L10n build work (bug 531275).
  • Worked on getting L10n nightly updates to work on trunk (bug 539938).
  • Checked in patch for a CC* release bustage in buildbotcustom (bug 537913).
  • Switched CC* release automation to using ChatZilla from hg (bug 537461).
  • Activated Italian ChatZilla and venkman (bug 528548) as well as Ukrainian SeaMonkey 2.0.x (bug 536890).
  • Updated German L10n for DOMi, ChatZilla, venkman, SeaMonkey and a bit of shared core.
  • Took part in many discussions about planning and other happenings in Mozilla - ranging from security vs. openness via roadmaps to KompoZer.
  • Got L10n nightly updates to work on SeaMonkey trunk (bug 539938).
  • Switched SeaMonkey2.0 tree to split, packaged tests (bug 541225), with the exception of xpcshell tests, as mailnews test fail atm (bug 541235).
  • For this, fixed generic, shared factory to not hardcode Firefox (bug 541169).
  • As a further step, did a patch for printing Mozilla revision there as well, currently waiting for review (bug 541582).
  • Also turned on xpcshell tests running on the Linux debug build on the SeaMonkey trunk tree.
  • Found out changed contact for GLS and started discussions of an alternative, open geolocation service.
  • Did a blog post on currently knowledge of SeaMonkey 2.1 plans.
  • Created own icons for download progress window and proposed a design update/improvement (bug 513691).
  • Did a patch for adapting to places history expiration changes (bug 536374).
  • As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tells about my next planned steps.

mcsmurf

Working on various bugs:

  • bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service.
  • bug 537525 Profile importer should not treat error as fatal when reading from Windows registry.

Misak

Mnyromyr

Working on:

  • bug 539738 Tree width of Preferences window has been hardcoded.

MReimer

Neil

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 540501 Inappropriate signature for nsIMsgDatabase::DeleteMessages.
  • bug 540421 Remove ANSI fallback code in nsMessengerWinIntegration.cpp.
  • bug 525047 'make clean' deletes automationutils.py.
  • bug 485785 TB3b2 doesn't properly remember message download size limit settings.

Working on:

  • bug 445695 nsMsgFilterAfterTheFact doesn't use m_searchHits.
  • bug 485720 Text Descenders Do Not Display Properly In SeaMonkey Default Theme.
  • bug 513909 Make JS build with VC7.1.
  • bug 530735 Consider to use same undo close tab mechanism as in Firefox.
  • bug 538964 do_QueryObject to query nsRefPtr pointers.
  • bug 540322 Improve the external string API to align it with the internal string API.
  • bug 540629 Use superior autohiding menubar in full screen mode?
  • bug 540838 Toolbar elements losing the command attribute.

Ratty

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 512732 Need a chrome://branding/content/icon48.png since mozapps css refers to this.
  • bug 538164 Sync the Applications Prefpane with the latest from mozilla-central.

Working on:

  • bug 534221 Implement close (x) button on every tab (browser.tabs.closeButtons).
  • bug 537448 Port bug 227305 (Support drag-drop single message to desktop / file-system window). Has r+/sr+ but I need to clarify one last minor nit.
  • bug 541665 Sync Suite pref-smartupdate.* with mozilla-central

Other:

sgautherie

  • Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:
    • bug 534647 mochitest-browser-chrome: perma/random "browser_ApplicationPrefs.js | Timed out" after bug 152526 landing, caused by browser_bug431826.js
    • bug 536940 Port |Bug 468053 - gBrowser.addTab not treat null/undefined Uri as blank tab leading to extra work at least when restoring session| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 539722 Port |Bug 515433 - (CSP) Implement core CSP elements| to SeaMonkey
    • bug 541125 Fix wrong packaging issues on m-1.9.2, SeaMonkey part
    • bug 521382 Port |Bug 508421 - move res/ stuff into toolkit.jar| to comm-central (apps)
    • bug 536374 Places history changes due to async expiration. (Port bug 520165.)
    • bug 541824 Sort removed-files.in entries
  • Fixed (or in-progress) MailNews Core bugs:
    • bug 481780 WINCE define needs to be in ACDEFINE
    • bug 508156 configure.in: remove AC_DEFINE(_WIN32)
    • bug 538747 Port |Bug 530667 - (SQLite3.6.22) Upgrade to SQLite 3.6.22| to comm-central.
    • bug 540585 Port |Bug 539378 - Remove MOZ_BITS macro from tree| to comm-central
    • bug 541248 Port |Bug 536440 - HOST_AR should not be overridden in configure| to comm-central
    • bug 541810 configure.in: remove obsolete "dnl the qsort routine under solaris is faulty"
    • bug 541991 Port |Bug 501586 - Remove the last vestiges of MOZ_MILESTONE_RELEASE| to comm-central
    • bug 508760 Remove MSVC6 support from the tree
    • bug 541966 Port |Bug 520030 - crash on sites with @font-face used| to comm-central
  • See also
  • And working on other areas... like
    • infrastructure to run tests
    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests
    • doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, filing bugs as needed; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).

Standard8

stefanh

Bugs fixed:

  • bug 530064 Firefox can't open local files (from Finder) with space character(s) in file name.

Working on:

  • bug 520610 E-mails (.eml) saved will not open from Finder.
  • bug 537343 Need new entities for proper Mac menu items localization in all the supported locales.

wladow

Any other business?

  • We should have documentation on the web. If anyone can write up scripting to convert help docs to web pages, we would appreciate it.
    • We should have our help files in CC-by or something like that (ideally, matching SUMO).
    • If we would set up a SUMO clone, somebody would need to take care of it, i.e. we'd need a module owner for it. KaiRo is sure we could work out getting it set up by Mozilla on Mozilla hardware, but someone from our side would need to manage it. IanN and mcsmurf will help with setting this up.
    • mcsmurf to file a bug on setting up a SUMO instance for SeaMonkey.
  • Re-factor the Tabbed Browsing pane in the preferences window.
    • IanN suggests that we have a new pane at the same level as tabbed browsing called Link Handling or Link Behaviour and put the two groups (link open behaviour and links from other applications) from tabbed browsing in there.
    • We should have a suite wide "Global" category and move the various appearance panes under it. Downloads and Helper Apps from Browser could be moved there as well.
  • who's going to FOSDEM?
    • IanN, Kaze, Mnyromyr, sgautherie, BenoitRen, Cedric (from SeaMonkey and KompoZer L10n).