Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- Checklist: draft checklist for firedrill actions
- gozer and Standard8 to 'schedule' run through
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our new Friends of the Tree
- Bob Lord For triaging S/MIME and certificate bugs in the Thunderbird/Security component.
Lanikai Alpha 1
Not much in 3.1a1, because it hasn't been driven much. I've posted a message proposing that, in the interest of getting in the habit of doing regular releases, we proceed with the following schedule anyway:
- String/code freeze date: 2010-01-12 (Tuesday)
- Branch Gecko, cut hackbranch, land async changes: 2010-01-13 (Wednesday)
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: 2010-01-18 (Monday)
- Build/relbranch date: 2010-01-19 (Tuesday)
- Ship date: 2010-02-03 (Wednesday)
Are there reasons not to go forward with this?
Lists of Bugs
- Proposed Blocking
- blocking-thunderbird3.1?: 87 (+17)
- Fixed Alpha 1
- TB 3.1a1 blocking: 5 (+1)
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
- 3.0.x Release checklist updated
- Tinderbox has links to:
- Builds started.
- Beta Period Starts: January 13
- Estimated Release Date: January 20
- Fixed 3.0.1: 77 (+34)
- 57 actual fixes, the remaining 19 were bugs that landed on the relbranch for 3.0 as well as for 3.0.1.
- need verification: 36 (-4)
- Schedule TBD.
- May look to sync with Gecko 22.214.171.124 (builds start Feb 1, release Feb 16).
- Blockers (needed and .2): 30 (+3)
- Of which blocking 3.0.2: 2
- Blocking Nominations: 6 (+2)
- 3.0.1 following
- bug triaging
- 3.1a1 will get our attention
- Thursday event will focus on bugs that might have duplicates.
Top Crashers for 3.0.1
|status||bug||summary||# crash /week|
|Unassigned - no progress||bug 537822||XPCWrappedNativeScope::TraceJS(JSTracer*, XPCJSRuntime*)||30|
|No signature bug||27|
|Unassigned - no progress||bug 536308||arena_dalloc | free | sqlite3_free | pcache1TruncateUnsafe||24|
|Unassigned - no progress||bug 537011||JS_CallTracer||22|
|Unassigned - no progress||bug 536960||sqlite3DbMallocRaw||21|
- PR Update:
- 5.9MM ADUs, peaked 1/13
- Thunderbird Add-on Compatibility Center is up, 89% of Add-ons are up-to-date with Thunderbird 3
- Thunderbird 3.0.1 ready to release
- Thunderbird 3.1a1 ready to build
- Thunderbird3.1 builds are temporarly following the 3.1a1 release branch (mozilla-1.9.2)
- New Win32 builders are in production
- tinderboxpushlog updated
- SuMoMo is getting ready for prime-time launch
- sumomo: testing (feedback to Roland)
- sumomo: migration assistant bug 530135
- sumomo: manually configuring accounts bug 530122
- sumomo: sending and receiving messages bug 530122
- sumomo: re-wrote Signatures article
- sumomo: Thunderbird 3 for users
- sumomo: upgrade FAQ
- MozillaZine proposal - draft to Roland
- make page for autoconfig security (http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/security_concerns_over_autoconfiguration_probing?utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=new_topic) on MDC; link from sumomo page (notify Blake Winton when done)
- write replacement content for gmail help pages - send to Rafael
- move info on pref naming conventions to MDC: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=86845#c74 (notify Roland when done)
- make FAQ for Ludo on information he sent in email ("Model the 2 -> 3 upgrade experience")
- Roland: FAQ on text vs HTML? (http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird/browse_thread/thread/562423bbd2dac0ea)
Review / Waiting
- port content from http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/ - ask Roland to redirect
- response to http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.extensions/browse_thread/thread/41113fd2bb4973f7
- when "New in TB 3.0" page is live on sumomo, make redirect from
- Draft Support Workflow Document - NEW this week - Updated Normal Workflow section with a tagging convention for duplicate Get Satisfaction Topics <-- Again, feedback please! Edit the page, etc.
- The GS topics that were triaged at the January 18, 2010 meeting
- Issues to be reviewed at the next GS Triage meeting scheduled for January 5, 2010 - Please tag topics "review" if you think they need to be reviewed because they cause customer pain
- SUMO for MoMo aka SuMoMo - SuMoMo project plan - final round of "meta content", config and sysadmin tasks expected to be done Thursday morning after 3.0.1, hoping to launch Thursday or next week
- GS workaround for SSL and satisfaction search widget doesn't work when logged in so will ping GS but probably have to implement workaround which is to not serve up non SSL Satisfaction Search Widgets to IE 6,7 and 8 users, instead serve just a simple link
- content - done except Thunderbird 3 for Windows 7 users
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 70/ day (494/7 slightly lower than last week), # of visitors 58000 seems like GS has fixed their stats bug although seems high)
- total new topics:494 (down from last week) total replies:1308 from employees and champions: 137 back to normal! (NonMoMo:109 FROM Michael Pasek (thanks!), 53 from Chris Ramsden aka Xenos (thanks!),27 from Wayne (thanks!), 15 from DavRo (thanks and belated welcome!), 15 from Padyx (thanks and belated welcome!), 11 from matt_678579 (thanks and welcome!), 8 from tanstaafl, 6 from from Kent (Thanks!), MoMo: 37 by Bienvenu (thanks), 33 from Roland, 3 from Blake (thanks!), 24 from Ludo (thanks),14 from Mark Banner (thanks) (Ruby Code - NEW improved with automatic sort)
- date:20100112 #new support topics:83 resolved:14
- date:20100113 #new support topics:81 resolved:36
- date:20100114 #new support topics:73 resolved:16
- date:20100115 #new support topics:77 resolved:17
- date:20100116 #new support topics:64 resolved:10
- date:20100117 #new support topics:63 resolved:14
- date:20100118 #new support topics:85 resolved:33
- Still waiting for Sunbird 1.0b1 l10n builds
- Philipp mostly swamped with exams, will plan 1.0b2 soon
- Lightning 1.0b1 seems to ve going well, not many complaints.
Ideas to make the meeting more productive :
- Most people wanting to know dates should find it here and they don't - maybe we could make the planet post from the meeting a bit prettier and easier to read than the half/geeky think that appears on planet.mozilla.org.
- Most people don't know that we have a weekly meeting. Maybe make the meeting more "visible" ?
Description of UCOSP by bwinton. UCOSP is 1-term undergraduate project course that's run out of the University of Toronto, taking students from all over Canada and the USA. bwinton is using the status whiteboard to mark bugs being worked on by students in this project. http://ucosp.wordpress.com/
- 3.1 driving
- drove code to frozen
- coordinated sync fix work, l10n, final code freeze work
- 2010 planning work
- Installed (mostly) mandatory patches-require-tests policy.
- Sid has been doing a bunch of work getting mozmill to work with 3.1
- Windows and Mac are generally green - http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/ThunderbirdTest/
- Need to look into Mozmill 1.3, and will roll out to production boxes once that's sorted (perhaps before linux issues are sorted)
- Reviews and driving
- Helped out on Get Satisfaction issues
- Windows installation was corrupted, still recovering from that.
- Got 4GB offline store limit removal patch through review process
- New beta looks good. Little problems reported.
- Integration of TB 3.0 source code seems to have solved most gloda issues and integration of it in to the Search Messages window is looking likely for our Eudora 8.0 release.
- Updated SeaMonkey buildbots to mirror Firefox setup even more closely (bug 539780), hopefully being able to share this with Thunderbird.
- Checked in patch for a CC* release bustage in buildbotcustom (bug 537913).
- Switched CC* release automation to using ChatZilla from hg (bug 537461).
I've been heads down playing with the old Mozilla SOAP package, evaluating it for possible use with Exchange Server web services. I've got it compilable in a TB 3.0 build as a binary extension using frozen linkage, and just started writing unit tests to take it through its paces.
- Partner outreach.
- 3.0.1rc web site work.
- PR team plan/budget.
- 3.0.1 final web site work
- 3.1 alpha relnotes, etc
- Draft plan for Add-on contest.
- sumomo article
- gave a try at doing support felt frustrated.
- usual stuff
- simpler windows icons bug bug 539128
- smaller info bars bug 539416
- Mockups for attachments, empty results bug 539223 reciepts bug 151244
- Personas in Thunderbird bug 538335
- More Lanikai branding
- Look into search box modes more bug 540257
- More info bars
Misc: My mac died :(
- Lots of work on the HomeTab extension.
- UCOSP Code Sprint!
- Lots more work on the HomeTab extension.
- Fly somewhere nice and warm.
- Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
- Clearing bugmail..
bienvenu dmose davida jenzed phillip standard8 ludo rebron