SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 12 November, 2013, 13:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 9pm Hong Kong)
- NOTE: North-American Daylight Saving Time has ended
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> mcsmurf
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- We are perma-red and perma-orange on comm-central and comm-aurora due to not having a recent enough version of Python (or if we do, the build scripts aren't finding them).
- On trunk Linux and OSX trunk builds are perma-red. Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
- pymake is failing with "invalid syntax" again because of an outdated Python.
- Priority on fixing this and l10n repacks after 2.23b1 release.(ETA 13th November 2013)
- No langpacks since 29th August on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- Trunk, Aurora and Beta TBPLs are far more orange (or even red) than green; at the top of Aurora and Beta TBPLs there is a link to mozilla.org::ServerOps:DCOps bug 870207 which is RESOLVED WONTFIX since June. SeaMonkey::RelEng bug 884454 has been opened as a followup.
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings until he gets things stable enough to reopen the tree.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* eventually (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer is working on this.
Fixed Stuff Since Last Meeting
- bug 930981 breaks building of SeaMonkey/Chatzilla on trunk.
- SeaMonkey 2.22 final was released on October 30, 2013.
- SeaMonkey 2.23 beta 1 is expected to be released on November 13, 2013.
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- Future hosting/support of add-ons for non-Firefox applications on AMO apparently is in question:
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- bug 888478 DOM Inspector could not be installed.
- The Windows version of SeaMonkey 2.21 is affected but not Linux. The install.rdf is missing in affected builds. The last SeaMonkey 2.23 nightly build (before uplift to 2.24) does not seem to be affected possibly because of the other build changes during that cycle (bug 914560).
- There is now a Lightning versions for SM 2.22 (Lightning 2.7b1) available on AMO.
- Might need to point out in release notes that users needs to install the Lightning beta versions for the SeaMonkey releases (as Lightning follows Thunderbird 17.0.x release schedule)
- Problem: Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/versions/ will provide users with versions that do not put them on the addons beta update channel; also linking to a specific version would need updating with every release
- Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/#beta-channel does not jump to the correct page position as addons.mozilla.org loads the user comments for the addon after pageload. So it first moves to the correct position (page anchor) and after that it loads the user comments
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- Some discussion on the new marketplace addons page happened; it's not clear yet where SeaMonkey and Thunderbird addons will be hosted in the future (probably not on the new marketplace page)
- Tb/Sm QuickFolders development version 3.12beta2 released 2013-09-18 includes among other things "numerous SeaMonkey bugfixes" which aren't yet in the "stable" version 3.12 — or in the beta1 for that matter. Since then a beta3 has already been issued, and on September 25 a "3.12.1 maintenance release with important bugfixes" whose release notes don't explicitly mention SeaMonkey (but the same "SeaMonkey bugfixes" are probably included).
- Beta version 3.7pre20131013 of Nightly Tester Tools (supporting display of both mozilla-central and comm-central changesets) has been released just before the meeting. A release 3.7 seems imminent. Stay tuned to this channel, more news will appear as we get them.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Current issues:
- [MailNews] most frequently reported issue: bug 913493 MAPI not working on Windows.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don't depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 831208 (asyncContentPrefsUse) Refactor asyncContentPrefs consumers to use the async API. Tracked in:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2. Mcsmurf and Neil@parkway are currently working on this.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default --disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
- bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 - SeaMonkey Part.
- A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Feature List, Planning
Private Browsing is now working and uplifted to SeaMonkey 2.19. Currently we are treating this feature as Experimental because although most things are working some edge cases have probably been missed. Hopefully any remaining bugs will be found before we formally announce.
- Testing would be appreciated! Please file bugs as blocking the meta bug 460895.
- In Progress: The about:privatebrowsing page needs UI polish (bug 842439).
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 45 new, 7 fixed, 23 triaged.
- Medium triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 918853 - Existing Thunderbird profile is no longer offered for import in a first-run situation
- Working On:
- bug 110904 - attach signature fails silently on bad paths
- bug 507676 - Port |Bug 435804 - Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
- bug 837649 - [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 - Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 863747 - Add option to disable Location bar history
- bug 900422 - Debug Preferences should handle nglayout.debug.paint_flashing_chrome
- Some testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- bug 926177 Update en-GB for Gecko 26
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- bug 837408 Add en-GB locale to gaia
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- Filed bug 937558 - Need new Venkman and Chatzilla branches
- Fixed bug 924025 Unable to log in at chase.com
- Working on bug 909093 - Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2
- Working on bug 932354 - mozilla-central patches applied twice on Thunderbird Windows try server, try build fails
Possibly needs comm-beta approval:
- bug 920677 Click-to-play plugins fail to show placeholder after resizing.
Fixed on comm-central, needs to land on comm-aurora:
- bug 934013 Modern Theme doesn't get packaged anymore.
Fixed on comm-central:
- bug 930981 Build failure in ChatZilla.
Landed on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta:
- bug 913493 Actually link mapi support into xul.dll.
Waiting for tree to be less red:
- bug 932969 Find bar string is "undefined" upon first invocation.
Still waiting for review:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2.
- bug 514173 Make string literal buffers shareable.
- bug 920947 Need to remove plugin doorhanger when last CTP plugin is removed from document.
- Apparently this breaks Google Earth even more than it used to. Also I didn't get around to landing it and requesting aurora and beta approval so it missed the release.
- bug 838888 Web Console sidebar.
- Instead you can view the web console remotely once you enable the built-in debugger. Now with full review!
- Managed to get my build environment up and running. Going through my request queue and what not.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Waiting for comm-beta approval:
- bug 931484 Apply transparency rule to signatures only once even if they are nested.
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 354940 Make background color in URL bar for https: more obvious.
- bug 842439 Improve style and rearrange content of the about:privatebrowsing page.
- bug 936898 Add global alert icons in missing sizes to the modern theme.
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
ASSIGNED (waiting for review)
- bug 112578 (enh) search mails window : search subfolders should remember last state
- bug 934191 (min) The title of the "Quit SeaMonkey" dialog is misleading when closing just the Browser