SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 7 January, 2014, 13:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 9pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> mcsmurf
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
- Everyone, who helped fixing the builds (Callek, ewong, mcsmurf, ...)
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Decide about what RSS feed readers to add in bug 943318; suggestions by mcsmurf: Add AOL Reader and Feedly Assigned: IanN.
- http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/ has not been updated since November 2012, the last version listed is 2.14 (bug 956561) Assigned: mcsmurf.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- Python has been updated on all buildboxen!
- We are perma-orange on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta due to problems with tests
- Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
- pymake is failing with "invalid syntax" again because of an outdated Python.
- Priority on fixing this and l10n repacks after 2.23 release.(No ETA yet)
- bug 943740 is tracking the progress (or lack of one) in building trunk and aurora on Linux & Mac from the downloading user's POV. (Windows nightlies are still appearing on schedule — or were until a day or two ago.)
- No langpacks since 29th August on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- Trunk, Aurora and Beta TBPLs are far more orange (or even red) than green; at the top of Aurora and Beta TBPLs there is a link to mozilla.org::ServerOps:DCOps bug 870207 which is RESOLVED WONTFIX since June. SeaMonkey::RelEng bug 884454 has been opened as a followup.
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings at the moment.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* eventually (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer is working on this.
- SeaMonkey 2.23 final was released December 12, 2013.
- SeaMonkey 2.24 beta 1 not scheduled yet.
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- bug 888478 DOM Inspector could not be installed in the Windows version of SeaMonkey 2.21 due to a missing install.rdf.
- Lightning doesn't work on SeaMonkey trunk due to bug 925823 (Failed to load native module libcalbasecomps.so).
- This should now be fixed for SeaMonkey 2.23 and newer. Fixed in Core::Build Config bug 927073.
- Lightning and addons.mozilla.org:
- We should point out in release notes that users needs to install the Lightning beta versions for the SeaMonkey releases (as Lightning follows Thunderbird 17.0.x release schedule)
- Problem: Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/versions/ will provide users with versions that do not put them on the addons beta update channel; also linking to a specific version would need updating with every release
- Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/#beta-channel does not jump to the correct page position as addons.mozilla.org loads the user comments for the addon after pageload. So it first moves to the correct position (page anchor) and after that it loads the user comments
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don't depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 831208 (asyncContentPrefsUse) Refactor asyncContentPrefs consumers to use the async API. Tracked in:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2. Mcsmurf and Neil@parkway are currently working on this.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default --disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
- bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 - SeaMonkey Part.
- A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Feature List, Planning
Private Browsing is now available in SeaMonkey 2.19 and newer. There may be some edge cases have probably been missed. We hope any remaining bugs will be found before we formally announce.
- Testing would be appreciated! Please file bugs as blocking the meta bug 460895.
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 21 new, 6 fixed, 15 triaged.
- Medium triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 840427 - Migrate SeaMonkey builders to using mock
- bug 853720 - After bug 827446, SeaMonkey doesn't know mozcrash.
- bug 864291 - Remove "Personas" from UI and Help
- bug 904338 - Empty port line when create a Blogs & Newsfeeds account
- bug 928632 - When the birth year is empty, SeaMonkey puts 1900 and in English language
- bug 934492 - Adjust the languages preference pane to take into account Bug 910192 which removes intl.charset.default and deduces the fallback from the locale
- bug 938673 - Add context menu to status bar padlock icon
- Working On:
- bug 110904 - attach signature fails silently on bad paths
- bug 507676 - Port |Bug 435804 - Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
- bug 837649 - [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 - Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 863747 - Add option to disable Location bar history
- Some testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Pending check in:
- bug 943096 Search subfolders checkbox is always disabled in Search Messages dialog
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
Still forgot to land on comm-central, might need uplift too:
- bug 937616 Click-to-play notifications should track plugins that are no longer present in the page.
Fixed on comm-central:
- bug 947619 Tabs bookmarked in private windows have no titles.
- bug 953295 Arrow keys don't work in restore session page.
Fixed on mozilla-central:
- bug 940907 Re-introduce the Character Encoding menu to the View Source window.
Waiting for tree to open:
- bug 952087 Anchor scroll fails if the anchor gets created between DOMContentLoaded and onload.
- bug 940040 Pressing and releasing "Alt" on Linux should not open the File menu.
- bug 948901 Character encoding menu doesn't work correctly in the FTP directory view.
- bug 936785 LDAP address autocomplete does not work when writing new e-mail.
Waiting for review:
- bug 952954 Need to update plugin placeholder visibility code.
Still waiting for review:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2.
- bug 514173 Make string literal buffers shareable.
Waiting for check-in on CLOSED TREE:
- bug 154772 Tooltip for address bar should show complete current URL.
- bug 916865 Revert the part of bug 906083 which changed the spellchecker.dictionaries.download.url.
- bug 942548 The height of editor spell check dialog is too short so you can see only the top of the buttons at the bottom.
- bug 947599 Set up DLL blocklist before LoadAppInitDlls (Port bug 932100 to SeaMonkey).
Waiting for review/moa:
- bug 920070 Add a few IDs to the File menuitems to make it easier for extensions to overlay.
Fixed since the last meeting:
- bug 952120 Port bug 774572 (Define JAR_MANIFESTS in moz.build files) to DOMi, Chatzilla, Venkman.
- bug 915574 Use MOZ_FOLD_LIBS in SeaMonkey, too.
- bug 950360 nsWindowsShellService.cpp: error C2660: 'imgIContainer::GetFrame' : function does not take 3 arguments (Fallout from bug 944442).
- Restarted work on bug 636104 Stub messenger preferences.xul for Lightning [SM2.1].
- Port bug 773782 (Stop using LL_* macros) and bug 927728 (Replace PRUnichar with char16_t) Profile migration part.
- ShellService Fixup. Ports the following bugs:
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Fixed on trunk and branches:
- bug 939481 No sync preferences defined for some Privacy & Security settings.
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 939566 Take care of Mac-specific issues with the window title in the about:privatebrowsing page.
- bug 936898 Add global alert icons in missing sizes to the modern theme.
- bug 947972 Add checkbox to toggle https: background color in Location Bar preference pane.
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.