SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 21 January, 2014, 13:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 9pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> mcsmurf
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Decide about what RSS feed readers to add in bug 943318; suggestions by mcsmurf: Add AOL Reader and Feedly Assigned: IanN.
- http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/ has not been updated since November 2012, the last version listed is 2.14 (bug 956561) Assigned: mcsmurf.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- Python has been updated on all buildboxen!
- We are perma-orange on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta due to problems with tests
- Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
- ewong's patch is waiting for review. It was manually patched on the master; but, was reverted and the buildmaster was reconfigured and so the changes are gone. Need to have the patch pushed officially in order for this bug to be fixed.
- pymake is failing with "invalid syntax" again because of an outdated Python.
- Priority on fixing this and l10n repacks after 2.23 release.(No ETA yet)
- bug 943740 is tracking the progress (or lack of one) in building trunk and aurora on Linux & Mac from the downloading user's POV. (Windows nightlies are still appearing on schedule — or were until a day or two ago.)
- No langpacks since 29th August on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- Trunk, Aurora and Beta TBPLs are far more orange (or even red) than green; at the top of Aurora and Beta TBPLs there is a link to mozilla.org::ServerOps:DCOps bug 870207 which is RESOLVED WONTFIX since June. SeaMonkey::RelEng bug 884454 has been opened as a followup.
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings at the moment.
- Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* eventually (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer is working on this.
- SeaMonkey 2.24 beta 1 scheduled for January 19.
- It's delayed for a few more days due to repack issues and possibly windows releng issue.
- Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- bug 888478 DOM Inspector could not be installed in the Windows version of SeaMonkey 2.21 due to a missing install.rdf.
- Lightning doesn't work on SeaMonkey trunk due to bug 925823 (Failed to load native module libcalbasecomps.so).
- This should now be fixed for SeaMonkey 2.23 and newer. Fixed in Core::Build Config bug 927073.
- Lightning and addons.mozilla.org:
- We should point out in release notes that users needs to install the Lightning beta versions for the SeaMonkey releases (as Lightning follows Thunderbird 17.0.x release schedule)
- Problem: Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/versions/ will provide users with versions that do not put them on the addons beta update channel; also linking to a specific version would need updating with every release
- Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/#beta-channel does not jump to the correct page position as addons.mozilla.org loads the user comments for the addon after pageload. So it first moves to the correct position (page anchor) and after that it loads the user comments
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don't depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 831208 (asyncContentPrefsUse) Refactor asyncContentPrefs consumers to use the async API. Tracked in:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2. Mcsmurf and Neil@parkway are currently working on this.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default --disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
- bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 - SeaMonkey Part.
- A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 31 new, 6 fixed, 11 triaged.
- Low triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Investigating buildbot problems impacting SeaMonkey 2.24 Beta 1 schedule.
- bug 960002 Cross-Origin Request Blocked https://treestatus.mozilla.org/comm-central-trunk-seamonkey?format=json
- bug 961292 Add SeaMonkey 2.24 Beta 1 to bouncer.
- Checkin-needed:(waiting for tree to be opened.)
- bug 840427 - Migrate SeaMonkey builders to using mock
- bug 853720 - After bug 827446, SeaMonkey doesn't know mozcrash.
- bug 908090 - ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5
- bug 922076 - Switch tests to using moz.build and manifests
- bug 934492 - Adjust the languages preference pane to take into account Bug 910192 which removes intl.charset.default and deduces the fallback from the locale
- bug 938673 - Add context menu to status bar padlock icon
- bug 949884 - disable pulseaudio in SeaMonkey
- bug 956007 - Remove front end for removed x-user-def font preferences
- Working On:
- bug 110904 - attach signature fails silently on bad paths
- bug 507676 - Port |Bug 435804 - Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
- bug 837649 - [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 - Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 863747 - Add option to disable Location bar history
- bug 864291 - Remove "Personas" from UI and Help
- bug 918474 - Default Search dropdown doesn't get refreshed after adding new search engine
- bug 928632 - When the birth year is empty, SeaMonkey puts 1900 and in English language
- Some testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- bug 952866 Update en-GB for Gecko 28
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- Did various reviews
- Helped out with some problems on the build boxen
- Fixed bug 937035 SeaMonkey requires at least GLIBCXX_3.4.9 although it should only require 3.4.8 as maximum
- Working on bug 937809 Add DuckDuckGo to the default search engines list
Fixed on comm-central, might need uplift too:
- bug 952954 Need to update plugin placeholder visibility code.
- bug 937616 Click-to-play notifications should track plugins that are no longer present in the page.
Fixed on mozilla-central:
- bug 952087 Anchor scroll fails if the anchor gets created between DOMContentLoaded and onload.
- bug 514173 Make string literal buffers shareable.
- bug 940907 Re-introduce the Character Encoding menu to the View Source window. Sadly due to our inability to fix l10n regressions this will miss a cycle.
- bug 940040 Pressing and releasing "Alt" on Linux should not open the File menu.
Waiting for tree to open:
- bug 945045 External API fixes.
- bug 956657 Share more charset menu code between the view source window and the browser.
- bug 943732 Port the new Character Encoding menu to SeaMonkey.
- bug 948901 Character encoding menu doesn't work correctly in the FTP directory view.
- bug 936785 LDAP address autocomplete does not work when writing new e-mail.
Waiting for feedback:
- bug 284673 about:config hides capability policy preferences.
Still waiting for review:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2.
Waiting for check-in on CLOSED TREE:
- Port bug 773782 (Stop using LL_* macros) and bug 927728 (Replace PRUnichar with char16_t) Profile migration part.
- ShellService Fixup. Ports the following bugs:
- bug 942548 The height of editor spell check dialog is too short so you can see only the top of the buttons at the bottom.
Waiting for review/moa:
- bug 920070 Add a few IDs to the File menuitems to make it easier for extensions to overlay.
Fixed since the last meeting:
- bug 636104 Redirect Lightning Preferences to the Suite Preferences window.
- bug 920951 Update SeaMonkey Safebrowsing preferences to sync with Mozilla-Central bug 842828.
- [Search] Implement "add to searchbar functionality". This was inadvertently left out when KaiRo implemented OpenSearch.
- bug 103125 "Find in this Page" settings should persist between sessions.
- Kickstarting some contributor work on:
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 958967 Change mixed content warning default from warn_viewing_mixed to warn_mixed_display_content and remove UI for old preference.
Still waiting for reviews:
- bug 936898 Add global alert icons in missing sizes to the modern theme.
- bug 947972 Add checkbox to toggle https: background color in Location Bar preference pane.
- bug 939566 Take care of Mac-specific issues with the window title in the about:privatebrowsing page.
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.