- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, North Bridge
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
Core Server Platform
- Q4 phase 1 projects all making good progress
- Working with legal on repoze contributor license
- trains need pushing through
Big Lebowski (rtilder)
- This week's train:
- More fixes for node reassignment are underway in bug 692714; should land for baking in s-c before next week's train.
- We are accruing a big pile of bugs for minor correctness and little niggles. Need triage.
- Setup Improvements
- Log Into The Browser
- Chenxia gave a nice demo to Labs folks last Friday
- Code at https://github.com/liuche/LoginApp
- Will receive refinements as prototype for demos (e.g. UX Show & Tell).
- Push Tab To Device
- Specs nailed down with Product and UX.
- Philipp's hand-off
- Async APIs: SyncEngine and Service replacements underway, but long-term needs second owner besides rnewman (Greg?)
- Chenxia to take over Syncorro.
- Working on mail token address resolver for BrowserId
- Got milter working, but is insufficient
- working on postmap tool for address remapping
- talk with Morgamic about existing commercial mail relationship
- no work at this time.
Program Launch (mconnor)
- Hardware is up and working (woo petef & others), need to resync with PMM post Mayumi's departure.
Testing and Sign-offs (tracy)
- client train in testing. expect sign-off by eod Tues.
- Mihaela and Tracy are working on fleshing up the BFT's
- Tracy will be working on client Instant Sync documentation to be finished by end of month.
FunkLoad/Automation Scripts (jbonacci)
- Nothing new to report - automation on hold pending new hire start date.
Sync Server (jbonacci)
- Focus this week and next is to work with OPs on whatever deployment requests are approved for Stage and Production (see the list below).
- QA found an issue "blocking" server-full. Did debug with Tarek yesterday:
- Bug 695232 - server-full: make build is not pinning prod channel correctly
- Tracking fix to following bug found in QA env:
- Bug 686753 - All Services builds appear to be broken
- QA needs some input from Tarek to hook QA Sync Server environment to Dev AP
- This is the last step in getting the QA env fully hooked up for test development, automation, etc.
- Nothing new to report
In approximate order of complexity:
- server-node-assignment rpm-1.6-1 : contains the fix for order-by precision.
- account-portal 2.8
- server-reg 0.6-1
- server-core branch 2.6.3-1
- server-storage 1.10-1: this is a high-risk deployment
Reports and Monitoring (daniel)
- Improving Sync Set Up
- Push to Device - UX Review today
- Addon Sync
- First monthly Sync Client Inbox/Sequence review next week.
Project success being documented on https://wiki.mozilla.org/Services/Roadmaps/Server/Q3
Have talked to several of you. Preliminary work documented at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Services/Roadmaps/Server/Q4
Notes and actions
Follow ups from last week
- Good news: This week Suppport hasn't received any single question related to Server Errors. (This has never happened before in the last 4 months)
- Bad news: Account deletion isn't working properly (after 2 months). Users come regularly to complain about it: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=680861