- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, North Bridge
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
Who's away?: ….
Page copied from last week's meeting, because the template doesn't look to have changed'.
Re-orienting use-case around Socorro, writing a Python library (zktools) to handle Zookeeper functionality as the existing lib(s) have issues. Designing the Phase 2 API and determining how to handle the persistent connection for workers.
Big Lebowski (rtilder)
Firefox Sync (rnewman)
No train this week. Some small fixes landed on mozilla-inbound.
Aurora merge happening today. Aurora will get Sync 1.13, Beta Sync 1.12, Firefox 8 will get Sync 1.11.
Lots of "pivoting" — rnewman, liuche, jvoll now working 110% on Android Sync, aiming to ship with Native Fennec; gps and ally working on send to device and add-on sync. Favicons, assorted random remediation, and async rewrites pushed back to get these high-priority features landed.
Android Sync (rnewman)
jvoll's crypto headway starting to see use. liuche has Android UI screens for Easy Setup. rnewman working on record fetching and working around Android “simplicity”. jvoll doing the dirty work talking to the Browser content provider.
No current work happening, will revisit closer to Q4
- Loaded bipostal to public server (http://bipostal.diresworb.org) * fixes to install steps and code for Ubuntu distribution * outbound mail having issues, but all else works.
- Contacted SocketLabs (bulk mail provider) about how hard it would be to set up milter and address map reads (so we can avoid running a mail farm)
- got jeff to stand at the wrong end of a firehose and live to tell the tale.
- Get bipostal fully up and happy.
- add DKIM support to bipostal.
- Investigate multi-thread support for bipostal apps.
- Discover how browserid.org now publishes their public key.
On hold until bipostal makes progress
Program Launch (mconnor)
- Welcome John Morrison! QA guy. jrgm on irc.
Testing and Sign-offs (tracy)
- No client train this week
- Finishing up pre-merge testing on channels
- Mihaela loaded a couple dozen functional test cases into Litmus on Friday.
- Tracy will be working on a light weight spec of client interaction with Server error and back-off codes. Once that is complete, he'll add appropriate test cases to Litmus. Most of them will have to be internal only because of the server switch flipping part of the tests.
FunkLoad Scripts (jbonacci)
- Funkload work will be ramping up in the next few weeks now that John Morrison is on board.
Sync Server (jbonacci)
- Two deployments have gone out over the past two weeks:
- Bug 695564 - Deploy account-portal rpm-2.9-3 (along with server-core rpm-2.7-2)
- Bug 693385 - deploy updated server-core (2.6.x) to syncstorage
- Work is till in progress for the following deployment
- Bug 694222 - Test and deploy MySQL option innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog + READ COMMITTED
- Continuing to work with Tarek and Pete to get Sync6 hooked to Test LDAP/AP.
- Tracking build out of Dev, Test/CI, Stage, and Prod environments
- QA is planning some level of stability testing on all environments once OPs has completed their work.
- Tracy's environment is still not compatible with TPS. IT bug on file. Will escalate if no action is taking by mid-week.
- In the mean time, Tracy will write Mozmill style test cases with TPS capabilities in consideration.
Support questions down by 50% this week. SUMO visits related to Sync stable. The only big change has been the removal of "Firefox Sync" Help landing page from the header menu. We are still seeing the recurrent issues:
- Sever errors.
- Sync Key recovery: Can we use the UI rebuild in mobile to surface the Sync Key on Android as we do on Desktop?
- Configuration reset due to Privacy settings: Users who delete passwords after each session can't use Sync.
- Used as a back up service and data was lost.
AMO reviews are quite bad and getting worse. Should we push for Add-On EOL Phase 2 before EOL of Firefox 3.6?