- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, North Bridge
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
Who's away?: ….
Big Lebowski (rtilder)
Firefox Sync (rnewman)
No train this week: tests only. gps and ally working in GitHub.
Android Sync (rnewman)
Progressing. Proposed shim for Android storage here: Services/NativeSync/Bookmarks_and_History.
No current work happening, will revisit closer to Q4.
Account Portal (telliott)
rewrite (in Pyramid) submitted for review. Target train is first week of December.
(Hopefully, I'll be able to call in.)
- BiPostal is now up and happy on http://bipostal.diresworb.org
- Meeting with Webapps to go over bipostal.
- Add in API code to new core dashboard.
Program Launch (mconnor)
Testing and Sign-offs (tracy)
- No client train again this week
- Litmus BFT's have been updated.
- Completing lightweight specification for error handling
- Will add cases to Litmus based on that doc
- Mihaela and Tracy are working on test plan for native Fennec sync
API/FunkLoad Scripts (jrgm)
Sync Server (jbonacci)
- No deployments this week
- Continuing to work with Tarek and Pete to get Sync6 hooked to Test LDAP/AP.
- Continuing to track build out of Dev, Test/CI, Stage, and Prod environments
- QA is planning some level of stability testing on all environments once OPs has completed their work.
- Still blocked running TPS locally. IT is dragging their feet on helping resolve my library conflict.
- rnewman landed a fix for bug 686019 - Add support for testing addon sync in TPS
Moving all authentication for all products over to services.user. Should just be a config change and some testing, though we need to make sure everything has a compatible server-core.
The following 2 issues accrue more than 50% of the questions this week.
- Unknown and server errors are back. Not much explanation why but it seems related to the upgrade to Firefox 8. Some examples:
- Users complaining about set-up resent after closing the browser or upgrading the browser. In the past, this has been caused by the privacy settings but some people seem to have issues even if passwords are not deleted automatically.
Reports and Monitoring (daniel)
Notes and actions
Feedback from the MozCamp: We really need to localize https://account.services.mozilla.com
The Italian, French and Spanish communities complained loudly about having to deal with people in their local community who had issues with Sync and couldn't deal with the account portal because of the language barrier.
Bug created: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=702612